Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkoar View Post
    Nice guide, looks like a lot of work went into it. I still think mastery might outweigh crit when it comes to heroic content (25's more so than 10's) due to the heavy damage output that is dumped on the raid. It is a new expansion though so mana will be at a premium again (especially taking it out of intellect).
    I am still doing some math regarding secondary stats and throughput, but I think crit will be better than mastery due to the amount of mana returned and also HPS gained even in 25 man content. The mana gained from crit is significant unless you are only casting HR, which even in a 25 man does not happen. There is much use of Riptide, CH, and UE will be used a lot more now that it stacks with HR.

Like I said, I will finish my math and get back to you but I don't think Mastery will be able to beat the dual bonuses of crit.
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Table View Post
    I am still doing some math regarding secondary stats and throughput, but I think crit will be better than mastery due to the amount of mana returned and also HPS gained even in 25 man content. The mana gained from crit is significant unless you are only casting HR, which even in a 25 man does not happen. There is much use of Riptide, CH, and UE will be used a lot more now that it stacks with HR.

Like I said, I will finish my math and get back to you but I don't think Mastery will be able to beat the dual bonuses of crit.
    I think the combat ratings on Crit will make it hard to justify reforging to it. On Beta, if I reforge to Spirit/Crit, I only gain about 1.5% spell crit. If I reforge to Spirit/Mastery, I gain closer to 8% increased Deep Healing. It's going to depend how much time people spend below 100% HP, but I can't see justifying going to Crit over Mastery with those type of gains.

Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    I think the combat ratings on Crit will make it hard to justify reforging to it. On Beta, if I reforge to Spirit/Crit, I only gain about 1.5% spell crit. If I reforge to Spirit/Mastery, I gain closer to 8% increased Deep Healing. It's going to depend how much time people spend below 100% HP, but I can't see justifying going to Crit over Mastery with those type of gains.
    What gear are you using when reforging? Or are you talking about stats tuned down in a dungeon/raid?

I am using the full 383 pvp gear and I lose 4% crit reforging to mastery to gain 8% increased Deep Healing. The combat rating conversion for crit is worse than mastery, but not as bad as you are saying.
    \

Keep in mind that, in terms of throughput, 1% critical strike chance is not the same as 1 point of mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhairne View Post
    Keep in mind that, in terms of throughput, 1% critical strike chance is not the same as 1 point of mastery.
    On the Beta there is no longer mastery points. Mastery instead is increased by a percentage like every other stat.
    \

Deleted
    Very nice guide!

Deleted
    very nice guide idd!
    but, im still not quite sure about loving riptide glyph that much. i wouldnt call it, that its must have one. you can be competition to other healers without that glyph, it gives pretty nice buff for aoe healing, yes , but in general its not that huge and i dont think you can put same numbers like bugged monks atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilayah View Post
    very nice guide idd!
    but, im still not quite sure about loving riptide glyph that much. i wouldnt call it, that its must have one. you can be competition to other healers without that glyph, it gives pretty nice buff for aoe healing, yes , but in general its not that huge and i dont think you can put same numbers like bugged monks atm.
    If you begin using Riptide like Druids Rejuv, it becomes beneficial. You can no longer use it for a decent, quick heal while moving, it's more preventative.

That being said, there will obviously be fights where it may not be worth glyphing.

Wouldn't conductivity have better throughput than HTT in a stacked fight?

If your consistently having to lay down healing rain and spot heal most likely, especially with the HR changes. Always having to lay down HR is going to eat through your mana fast. So, yeah in certain situations it might be better to take, but overal HTT tends to beat it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    Wouldn't conductivity have better throughput than HTT in a stacked fight?
    No. Conductivity only works with HW, GHW, and HS. On fights when you are stacked, you will most likely be dropping HR and CHing which doesn't work with conductivity. Getting as much healing out of conductivity as HTT is very rough (if possible) and it pigeonholes you into only using HW/GHW/HS in order to get the full use. HTT costs very little mana, costs 1 GCD, does as much if not more healing than conductivity, and does not require us to alter our healing in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilayah View Post
    very nice guide idd!
    I am rewriting the Glyphs/Talents sections right now, and riptide glyph is something that has become less mandatory due to the HR changes and changes to CH, especially in 25 man. It will still be used on some fights in 25 man, and most fights in 10 man as it is a very good way to spread when you can't fit enough people into a HR.
    \

Deleted
    I am rewriting the Glyphs/Talents sections right now, and riptide glyph is something that has become less mandatory due to the HR changes and changes to CH, especially in 25 man. It will still be used on some fights in 25 man, and most fights in 10 man as it is a very good way to spread when you can't fit enough people into a HR.
    i must agree on some fights it will be very good, for me for sure Gara'jal the Spiritbinder (like someone mentioned it above) fight will be one of these, in both in and out realm. also it will be even more usefull after gaining extra tick from it.

I'm curious as to why you think Crit will pull ahead of Mastery.

Has something changed? As far as I know, crit and mastery do the same things they do in Cata as in MoP. Is it that crits mana gains just gain more % value because our mana regen has overall gone down?

Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    I'm curious as to why you think Crit will pull ahead of Mastery.

Has something changed? As far as I know, crit and mastery do the same things they do in Cata as in MoP. Is it that crits mana gains just gain more % value because our mana regen has overall gone down?
    Resurgance has doubled in MoP and is now a solid part of our mana regen, especially in 10 mans where more single-target heals are used. Mana is also much more of a concern in T14 than it is in T13.
    \

In my experience, you can't compare mastery and crit in terms of "is better". Mastery gives you more healing ir your raid drops low. If you're progressing and people die, reforge to mastery, especially in 25s.
    Crit is somewhat special since "half" of it's use is tied to longevity. Therefore you should find a balance of crit between spirit and mastery. And, ofc, crit is way more important the less you use HR. If you (have to) use HR heavily, crit won't help you that much. Spirit does.

P.S.: just to clarify - in my opinion we'll settle on a base amount of spirit and slowly increase that value with higher gear. But "the way of spirit-stacking" like some people advocate in reminiscence of T11 is, in my opinion, not that helpful. We need crit as a staple stat, amplifying longevity and throughput. When hitting 90, I first will aim to get 1194 haste (should be easy, the problem will be to keep haste down to that number) and a certain amount of mastery and spirit (not yet settled on the numbers, experience will tell ) and then view crit as a stat I should take as much as I can get.
    Last edited by TenDance; 2012-08-16 at 05:26 AM.

What gear are you using when reforging? Or are you talking about stats tuned down in a dungeon/raid?

I am using the full 383 pvp gear and I lose 4% crit reforging to mastery to gain 8% increased Deep Healing. The combat rating conversion for crit is worse than mastery, but not as bad as you are saying.
    The percentage you will get for reforging into a stat or another is very dependent on the gear you have, if your gear only have Mastery, and you try to reforge it all into Crit, you will not get as much Crit as someone with gear that had Crit on it before the reforging. Remember that reforging only allow you to trade 40% of a stat into another.

Mastery is the one that gives more % for rating, followed by Haste and then Crit. But having a lower percentage for Crit then for Mastery doesn't mean anything, since 1% of Crit do more then 1% of Mastery. That's why most of the comparisions are made based on 100 rating of each stat and not on 1%.

But if you want to know, for each 1% of Mastery you reforge into Crit you get 0.334% of Crit, and for each 1% of Mastery you reforge into Haste you get 0.47% of Haste.

Bumping this to front page due to being a guide that might get sticky when mop comes out. Makes it easier to find for that.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Bumping this to front page due to being a guide that might get sticky when mop comes out. Makes it easier to find for that.
    Thanks, I am just finishing some final updates to have it ready for 5.0
    \

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a reminder; we do plan to sticky this. The reason it isn't, yet, is because it's an MoP guide, and we aren't stickying MoP guides yet on any of the class forums. There'll come a day sometime between the 5.0 pre-MoP events and MoP's launch where we'll get the word to take down the old FAQs and sticky the new ones, and that's when all that will take place.

Nice thread. Stick it.