Page 3 of 265 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Twitter has gone crazy with rumors of RVP joining Man Utd. for 22 million. Is this true? bit slow on getting news since i live in Asia (-.-)
    Nothing is confirmed, don't think it's true tbh.

Also Xanjori, what should we do so more people know about our league, make a thread dedicated to Fantasy?

Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    Nothing is confirmed, don't think it's true tbh.

Also Xanjori, what should we do so more people know about our league, make a thread dedicated to Fantasy?
    So is this fake?

My Guess..

1) Man City
    2) Chelsea
    3) United
    4) Arsenal / Pool / Tott

Also, ill be joining the fantasy league on the official site when my browser stops spazzing out.

So is this fake?

My Guess..

1) Man City
    2) Chelsea
    3) United
    4) Arsenal / Pool / Tott

Also, ill be joining the fantasy league on the official site when my browser stops spazzing out.
    The sun? Really, take them with a pinch of salt as usual.
    The most reliable info is probably Sky Sports. It MAY not happen because they gave Welbeck a 5 year contract with a big wage increase, people are speculating that that is due to RVP staying at Arsenal. Speculating of course.
    - I participated in the Legendary 22/02/11 EU internet Crash thread, also known as "The day EU trolled Blizzard" -

15+ Year Old Account
    So is this fake?

My Guess..

1) Man City
    2) Chelsea
    3) United
    4) Arsenal / Pool / Tott

Lol @ you linking The Sun like it's a credible source ^^ Nothing officialy has been announced yet, while The Sun might be right, as posted above, I'd pretty much take anything they publish with a grain of salt.

To all by the way, there is a dedicated thread to the Football 2012 Summer transfers, linked below:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ansfers-thread

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Lol @ you linking The Sun like it's a credible source ^^ Nothing officialy has been announced yet, while The Sun might be right, as posted above, I'd pretty much take anything they publish with a grain of salt.

To all by the way, there is a dedicated thread to the Football 2012 Summer transfers, linked below:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ansfers-thread
    Like i said before i don't live in the UK.

And i never said it was credible, was asking if it was.

Deleted
    Like i said before i don't live in the UK.

And i never said it was credible, was asking if it was.
    Well, you answered in a kind of snobbish way, probably why you got those answers.

I just said "so is this fake?" linking the site that reported the news. It was a question not an answer. Something I thought you would understand from the previous post saying I wasn't from the UK. So I would obviously not know if The Sun was credible or not and therefore not use it to disprove your your theory of it's news being untrue.

It honestly was a question and not a sarcastic answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Newspaper journalism outside of probably the Guardian and the Independent with regards to football rumours are mostly papertalk, the Sun and the Mail are the absolute worst for it.

I'll be putting up a shiny new OP with information regarding league prediction/fantasy leagues/rules of thread tonight. So if there's anything you want linked or advertised on the front page send me a PM and I'll add it on.

For the record this will be getting converted to a general 2012/2013 season thread, will probably only run separate threads for specific things, CL final/international tournaments for example, as and when they happen.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Newspaper journalism outside of probably the Guardian and the Independent with regards to football rumours are mostly papertalk, the Sun and the Mail are the absolute worst for it.

I'll be putting up a shiny new OP with information regarding league prediction/fantasy leagues/rules of thread tonight. So if there's anything you want linked or advertised on the front page send me a PM and I'll add it on.

For the record this will be getting converted to a general 2012/2013 season thread, will probably only run separate threads for specific things, CL final/international tournaments for example, as and when they happen.
    Nice mate, apparently there's only 6 people in our league so far, did you join yet? I hope we can get some more people to join!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    We got 9 in predictthescore, and hell if I know everyone :P, I'll still win though *cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    Nice mate, apparently there's only 6 people in our league so far, did you join yet? I hope we can get some more people to join!
    Not yet, I'll be doing it all this evening

Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    We got 9 in predictthescore, and hell if I know everyone :P, I'll still win though *cough*
    Because you did SO well in the Euros =p

For the Predictthescore and Fantasy league my teams is under the name Andys Handys. Should be pretty obvious :P

Just a warning that last season in Fantasy Football I finished in the top 50 for my starting week!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Just a warning that last season in Fantasy Football I finished in the top 50 for my starting week!
    Out of how many?

Out of how many?
    Was week 2 I joined, apparently my rank for last season was top 30k out of 3million, I had a huge dip in form at the very end of the season which kinda sucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can personally never rule out Man united for the title, aslong as Sir Alex is in charge, expect the unexpected.

My main predictions would be:

1. (2) Man City
    2. (1) Man United
    3. Chelsea
    4. Arsenal
    5. Spurs
    6. Liverpool

Although, with the Prem league you never know! That's why I love it
    Last edited by Farra; 2012-08-15 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Typo

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not yet, I'll be doing it all this evening

Because you did SO well in the Euros =p
    Hey, I got Cassandra achievement for being alone with a correct result :P

Lets go Australia tonight - hope they put a beating on Scotland and teach them a lesson in how a governing body SHOULD act.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Question guys, is there a site or something that shows what kit (home or away) each team will be wearing pre-match? So like, on the day itself before the match starts?

And before someone says 'well the home team their home kit and the away team their away kit', we all know that's not always the case

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Lets go Australia tonight - hope they put a beating on Scotland and teach them a lesson in how a governing body SHOULD act.
    Was hoping for the same outcome in fairness

OT: So RVP is set to sign for Man United now, this season could be interesting to say the least.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Opinions!

Man City
    looks strong still, kept their offensive lineup intact, brought in rodwell and generally looking well, they might lack a central midfielder that could do something good could use a Xabi alonso type and possibly a replacement for Yaya Toure, cause he's the only one they have and he's going away from the cup of nations.

Man United

Good offensive lineup, kinda like city, the inclusion of Van persie is a chance but most likely it will work out well for them, personally I feel united is lacking central midfielders, not sure how long scholes/giggs can keep it up, kagawa looks brilliant though, needs Vidic fit, de gea will just keep getting better.

Chelsea

Good defensive ground and a really exciting offensive midfield with Hazard, Mata, Oscar and others, seems a bit lacking in the striker department, they only have Torres and Sturridge right now I think, could also use another defensive midfielder as backup for mikel since essien seems broken.

Arsenal

On par with United but after City and Chelsea when it comes to keepers, lacks a "star" since van persie left for united and possibly lack a goalscorer aswell, Cazorla very needed signing for the offensive midfield since Rosicky is injured (never heard of this before >_>) could use another right back and possibly a left aswell, mostly cause Sagna is injured still, good central defenders just need to play them all together, could really benefit from a proper DM or a transformation of Song back to a DM, could really use Sahin but looks like liverpool is getting him sadly.

Tottenham

Really lacking a striker or two, only have Defoe as of now I think with some youngsters, got a really nice midfield even if they sell Modric and decent defence lines, got a old keeper, still good but not fantastic, really needs a striker or two. Kinda want Villas-Boas to succeed and fail since he's at tottenham :P

Liverpool

Good keeper, lacking a partner for Suarez, possibly borini but I haven't seen him enough to know it, got a intressting new coach could be good but could also be bad but I'd think the tone is positive (why would you otherwise sign him), Allen looks good, and really they can't hit the post as many times this season can they?

Can't really say anything about newcastle but looks like they got their team intact so they should be a force to reckon with this season aswell.
    Last edited by Larath; 2012-08-16 at 08:45 AM.