Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by istrain View Post
    BoP? Terrible idea. I sure hope there's an alternative path for maxing out my alts professions right away instead of making me go out and grind to 90 first on all of them.
    You can still do that. What most people fail to realize is that these things are only mandatory when actually creating epic items. For everything else it's completely optional. You can max out all your professions just fine without them.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 09:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    Just saying NO to grind of any kind.
    You're playing the wrong game then.

The second I read this months ago, I loved it. BS, LW and Tailoring make gear, so that's not changing. It's the fact that other professions get to use them as well. It's a great idea. Plus, for example currently in alchemy you can transmute gems such as 3 carnalians and 3 heart blossoms into an inferno ruby. That's just too easy and Blizzard knows this. They looked at the AH's across the board and notice the amount of items in the AH. It's gotten out of control. So, to transmute into the next "red" gem in Mists, you need a spirit of harmony. That should cut down on the insane amount in the AH that we've had all through Cata.

I like it. But I really hope they make it BoA in the short future. Like, 1-2 months..

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    Are we sure that this is a replacement for orbs? Sounds to me like they are the equivalent of the primals we had to grind and not the orbs that only dropped from bosses.
    Maybe I missed something....
    It's a mix of primals and orbs. They're being combined into a new super-being!

10+ Year Old Account
    People in the WoW comunity will NEVER be satisfied , first WE NEED TO BRING TBC BACK RAAAAWWWh let me get back into the world to improve myself RAAAAAWh ,They do it. They call it a grind like if it wasnt a grind before. Jesus christ i hate would to be in Blizzard's shoes.

For once im glad I would actually have to do something thats not just stand on the AH for professions. Bring this is on. As for the BoP , i really dont mind AT ALL. Since from what ive tested on the beta the drop rate is decently high and well they drop from pretty much everything. Good change. ((PS. i may actually be able to kill some bots again , sounds like a plan))

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It's a mix of primals and orbs. They're being combined into a new super-being!
    Then I absolutely love the idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    People in the WoW comunity will NEVER be satisfied , first WE NEED TO BRING TBC BACK RAAAAWWWh let me get back into the world to improve myself RAAAAAWh ,They do it. They call it a grind like if it wasnt a grind before. Jesus christ i hate would to be in Blizzard's shoes.

For once im glad I would actually have to do something thats not just stand on the AH for professions. Bring this is on. As for the BoP , i really dont mind AT ALL. Since from what ive tested on the beta the drop rate is decently high and well they drop from pretty much everything. Good change. ((PS. i may actually be able to kill some bots again , sounds like a plan))
    I know huh? it's asinine. People think BC is the best expansion ever and they want WOW to be like that again. Blizzard has gone back to the roots of WoW and implemented some old school stuff, people still aren't happy. Blizzard really can't win. I love the way Mists is shaping up.

Deleted
    how is this stopping botters? - they still just farm raw mats anyways -_-

This is an attrocious idea. Again, it makes you have to go spam looking for a crafter that happens to have enough of the mats to make your item. You can't get the mats on your own and give it to them. We're right back to BoP Chaos Orbs. "Looking for BS with 8 orbs" etc etc.

Terrible, terribad. I thought we learned this lesson with Orbs and Vortexes, etc being BoP. *SIGH*

Quote Originally Posted by istrain View Post
    BoP? Terrible idea. I sure hope there's an alternative path for maxing out my alts professions right away instead of making me go out and grind to 90 first on all of them.
    Right now you dont need them to level. People jump to conclusions without doing research. 90% of the items you can craft with them require you to gain rep with lvl 90 daily quests to get the patterns so you wont even really need them until you are 90.

Now they will probably be required for T15/16 raid dropped patterns which might be BOE but by then you have time to level a few crafting alts to 85 so you can get some motes from the leveling zones. Or the raid patterns could always be BOP like in TBC.

Also professions make the most gold by shuffling raw mats into gems, enchanting mats, belt buckles ect which will also not require them or even require max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladed View Post
    This is an attrocious idea. Again, it makes you have to go spam looking for a crafter that happens to have enough of the mats to make your item. You can't get the mats on your own and give it to them. We're right back to BoP Chaos Orbs. "Looking for BS with 8 orbs" etc etc.

Terrible, terribad. I thought we learned this lesson with Orbs and Vortexes, etc being BoP. *SIGH*
    Then roll an alt with the profession. Stop being lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the hell are people saying this is like orbs do you people read or do research before you post? THEY ARE IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM how chaos orbs were , they drop from pretty much every single mob in pandaria and some of the mobs in the dungeons AND you dont have to fight over who gets them. ALSO AoE looting only makes it even easier. The impression im getting from most of you is that you actually just want to stand by the AH , and then complain how you never leave the cities comeon. Again , this is no way shape or from how you obtained Chaos orbs , this is a personal improvement.

Why the hell are people saying this is like orbs do you people read or do research before you post? THEY ARE IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM how chaos orbs were , they drop from pretty much every single mob in pandaria and some of the mobs in the dungeons AND you dont have to fight over who gets them. ALSO AoE looting only makes it even easier. The impression im getting from most of you is that you actually just want to stand by the AH , and then complain how you never leave the cities comeon. Again , this is no way shape or from how you obtained Chaos orbs , this is a personal improvement.
    Yup. It's a good idea. No fighting with other people and you can farm as much or as little as you want. For people that don't have the profession and want an item, it sucks, but you can always ask a guildie to farm and trade with them something in return for example. As for me talking about needing them for transmuting gems, I am mistaken. They used to be in the beta, but it was since removed. I don't like that, that means the AH will be flooded again. I thought needing spirit of harmony to transmute a gem would have helped a lot.

Small note: What about mining and skinning? Herbalism gets extra so it is not because it is a gathering profession, just curious.

Couldn't agree more. I like that they're considering making them BoA. My blacksmith doesn't get played much but she needs more mats to support the toons I do play. But keeping them off the ah is a good move IMO. It takes the place of volatiles so gold farmers can't stand there all day ruining the economy quite as easily. I have no issues with this new system at all. I am an advocate to make them boa though. As some profs will need more than others.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 08:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asta View Post
    Small note: What about mining and skinning? Herbalism gets extra so it is not because it is a gathering profession, just curious.
    You can buy leather and ore with them too. At least when I did it 2 weeks ago. Haven't been on beta for a bit.

Deleted
    Great idea, thank you Blizzard. Although, maybe I would have preferred it if there was slightly more complexity involved.

I don´t like the idea that these are Soulbound. Means if I want to play the AH I'll have to farm WAY more than nowadays.

All depends on how much harmonies will be actually be needed for each recipe. If every single one of them needs these, crafting will become quite a nuisance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I like that they're considering making them BoA. My blacksmith doesn't get played much but she needs more mats to support the toons I do play. But keeping them off the ah is a good move IMO. It takes the place of volatiles so gold farmers can't stand there all day ruining the economy quite as easily. I have no issues with this new system at all. I am an advocate to make them boa though. As some profs will need more than others.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 08:17 PM ----------

You can buy leather and ore with them too. At least when I did it 2 weeks ago. Haven't been on beta for a bit.
    Yeah you can Buy a leather stack and ore also. An NPC called Dankin or something sells them.

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    I don´t like the idea that these are Soulbound. Means if I want to play the AH I'll have to farm WAY more than nowadays.

All depends on how much harmonies will be actually be needed for each recipe. If every single one of them needs these, crafting will become quite a nuisance.
    The epic crafted stuff will need them, everything else won't.

While I understand the anti-bot aspects and can call that a positive, I can't be for this change with the items as BoP. There is a main/alt distinction for a reason, and I don't want to have to dedicate game time to my alt crafters, who exist for the purpose of supporting my main. I want my main to do the work, my crafters to craft, and my main to reap the rewards he worked for. Is that too much to ask?

Does anyone have the link to the original blue post in the official WoW forums? I want to voice my desire for these to be BoA from the start.