Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    tordenflesk, carebear - I knew that function and I tried it, but it always ended up that spacing would change only within one message but not between messages itself. Anyway, when I was doing some testing with it I found out that I had to call :Clear() function first or otherwise it would end up as I described. So thank you for your help, I should be able to manage this on my own now

carebear - I'm using VuhDo (it was mentioned in my previous post but I should've started with it). I wanted to avoid going through that code but I guess I won't have much choice

Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    Okay, I'm pretty happy with this. But in your critique keep this in mind. All the fonts are fine on my screen, all of them are at 8pt and are not distorted or anything its just my super fucking mega res that i have on my macbook .

Tell me whatcha think, I'm defiantly moving in the correct direction this time.

Oh and I only have a idle shot for now because I'm a lazy bum !

http://i.imgur.com/oF0WI.jpg
    What unit frames are those? Would really like to get my hands on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    What unit frames are those? Would really like to get my hands on them.
    You can make any unit frame add-on look just like that, you don't need any specific one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    You can make any unit frame add-on look just like that, you don't need any specific one.
    Ok, will try with some Shadow Unit Frames- really like the addon

==Edit==
    nvm last edit, i'm a tard!
    Last edited by Ichy; 2012-08-15 at 08:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    Ok, will try with some Shadow Unit Frames- really like the addon

==Edit==
    Ok, got it to look how I'd like so far, problem I'm having is I don't have a bar the replaces the default cast bar, any way to just turn it off?
    Its SUF. I want to get my hands into oUF at some point.

When a wild forum troll appears

Deleted
    Just for Cowt.

Made a few of the edits you suggested, i like grid where it is and dont pay any attention to bartender as its a placeholder until Mop pre patch comes live in 2 weeks so try and see past it if you can.

http://i45.tinypic.com/28gqkb6.jpg
    http://i45.tinypic.com/x1j4hl.jpg
    Last edited by mmoc77bb2b62ef; 2012-08-15 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    Just for Cowt.

Made a few of the edits you suggested, i like grid where it is and dont pay any attention to bartender as its a placeholder until Mop pre patch comes live in 2 weeks so try and see past it if you can.

http://i45.tinypic.com/28gqkb6.jpg
    http://i45.tinypic.com/x1j4hl.jpg
    At quick glance, here is a list of some things that are unnecessary:

1. That huge black gradient panel.
    2. The player's name and level text.
    3. Your pet's name and health text.
    4. Class colored names on grid.

Deleted
    All of those are preference though, the black gradient panel is because its a 27 inch monitor, it helps break the screen up a little : ) so im assuming you like it overall ?

Why exactly would you want to break up the screen?

Why do you need to be reminded of your own name and level? Why do you need to be reminded of your pet's name? Also, the exact amount of health your pet has is irrelevant to game play. The class colored names on grid are the only text that isn't white so it makes no sense to class color them when the grid health is class colored.

Deleted
    Well i changed the Color of the Grid names, you had a good reason, i use this UI on all of my characters so it is handy to see levels of mobs and the name thing, well i dno it seems kinda silly not to have the name really.

Edit - Also took out class color's from Chatter, makes the chat look neater.

I also get the impression that you feel strongly negative about the UI, not really sure why as it should be a fun thing to build a UI not a task : )
    Last edited by mmoc77bb2b62ef; 2012-08-15 at 10:06 PM.

If asking questions is negative then the entire world is made up of pessimists...

Your reasoning for not implementing the text changes doesn't make sense.
    And I am still wondering why you would want to break up the game with a huge black bar.

I'm not being negative, I am being direct. There is quite a bit of difference

Deleted
    thats kl : ) it just seemed so because you were stuck on the 'really' small details like player level / pet name and the screen is just so big that it feels hugely empty with the bar gone and most importantly it personalises it for me !

But anyway thank you for the feedback it helped me change a couple of things i didnt see before !

Finished product - http://i47.tinypic.com/2gtb19j.jpg

(took away the CRAZY border round the grid status debuff, messing about with buttons you are unsure of ftw)
    Last edited by mmoc77bb2b62ef; 2012-08-15 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    Your reasoning for not implementing the text changes doesn't make sense.
    It may not serve any practical purpose, but it does improve symmetry.

I probably wouldn't have the extra text there, but it's not really in the way either and so it's mostly down to personal taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would it be possible to get one screenshot without the huge black bar? Just for comparison sake.
    Senit UI -- outdated. Update... soon... maybe...

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    I think It looks better without, personally.
    But what are those extra bars doing on the unit frames?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senit View Post
    But what are those extra bars doing on the unit frames?
    Cast bars : ) Debuffs are placed on top of the frames and important buffs to keep up in between (backdraft / soulfire in this example)

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    The actionbar is transparent because of stance dancing on a warrior and druid. I did start without an actionbar but having 10 classes and 20 different talent specs it got a little overwhelming trying to remember everything.

The quest tracker is something I have always wanted to change but I never found a simple way to change the font. Every one I found required downloading another addon with extras that I didn't want so I just made do with it.

The blue percentage is for mana, the white one is for health and the combat text was turned on by accident ): I actually had it turned off most of the time when I was playing.

But yeaaah. There was still a lot I wanted to do with the UI but my sub ran out and I won't be re-subbing until a bit into MOP for a month. I'll re-do something then with all the new toys and a new class to play with! If my step-sister didn't change her password I'd be able to have a mess around in 5.0.
    Sorry for the late reply, been working all day.
    I have all but one action bar hidden on my main, and I have the action bar that I use for my Naga mouse bindings showing on alts
    Example: Main - http://i.imgur.com/YcxJ2.jpg Alt - http://i.imgur.com/4WJEq.jpg

As for the quest tracker, I use the AddOn named Fonter. Very handy for managing fonts throughout my UI despite it being out of date

You could probably get away with making the % symbol white rather than blue. It's quite easy to get used to which number is mana and which is HP

And finally, go nag your step-sister for her password

EDIT: Morchok normal mode on an alt is serious business.
    Last edited by Pixil; 2012-08-16 at 01:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so close to finishing my UI, but I really need some help with my buffs, which I am scripting through oUF.

I have a few (3) objectives here.

Firstly, how can I change the font on the "count" text? (circled in green)
    Secondly, how can I sort them in order of time remaining?
    Lastly, and most importantly, how can I add a text to display time remaining?

Code:
    lib.PostCreateIcon = function(self, button)
    	button.cd:SetReverse(true)
    	button.icon:SetTexCoord(0.1, 0.9, 0.1, 0.9)
    	button.icon:SetDrawLayer("BACKGROUND")
    	--Count
    	button.count:ClearAllPoints()
    	button.count:SetJustifyH("RIGHT")
    	button.count:SetPoint("TOPRIGHT", button, "TOPRIGHT", 0, 0)
    	button.count:SetTextColor(1,1,1)
    	--Helper
    	local h = CreateFrame("Frame", nil, button)
    	h:SetFrameLevel(0)
    	h:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", -0, 0)
    	h:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", 0, -0)
    	lib.gen_backdrop(h)
    end

lib.playBuffs = function(f)
    	b = CreateFrame("Frame", nil, f)
    	b.size = 30
    	if f.mystyle == "target" then
    		b.num = 40
    	elseif f.mystyle == "player" then
    		b.num = 10
    		b.onlyShowPlayer = true
    	else
    		b.num = 5
    	end
    	b.spacing = 5
    	b.onlyShowPlayer = false
    	b:SetHeight((b.size+b.spacing)*4)
    	b:SetWidth(f.width)
    	b:SetPoint("BOTTOMLEFT", f, "TOPLEFT", 0, 500)
    	b.initialAnchor = "TOPRIGHT"
    	b["growth-x"] = "LEFT"
    	b["growth-y"] = "DOWN"
    	b.PostCreateIcon = lib.PostCreateIcon
    	f.Buffs = b

BuffFrame:UnregisterEvent("UNIT_AURA")
    	BuffFrame:Hide()
    	TemporaryEnchantFrame:Hide()
    end
    I'm sure some of you know how I can achieve these things; and thank you so much for your time and effort.
    Last edited by Senit; 2012-08-16 at 06:15 AM.

1) I think that a simple button.count:SetFont(fontpath) should do the trick.
    2) you need to set up a method that parses durations and rearranges auras - it's not a simple thing to code (at least for me). for sure more expert guys are surely capable of doing it.
    3) for that i use omniCC - it does all the work for me.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2012-08-16 at 07:21 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.