Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Spirit of Harmony is the result of the designers simplifying an already complex system
    Wow crafting is a complex system....? lmfao!

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 08:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    I don´t like the idea that these are Soulbound. Means if I want to play the AH I'll have to farm WAY more than nowadays.

All depends on how much harmonies will be actually be needed for each recipe. If every single one of them needs these, crafting will become quite a nuisance.
    I belive the whole idea, is to stop you from camping the AH, as explained in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Cetius View Post
    While I understand the anti-bot aspects and can call that a positive, I can't be for this change with the items as BoP. There is a main/alt distinction for a reason, and I don't want to have to dedicate game time to my alt crafters, who exist for the purpose of supporting my main. I want my main to do the work, my crafters to craft, and my main to reap the rewards he worked for. Is that too much to ask?

Does anyone have the link to the original blue post in the official WoW forums? I want to voice my desire for these to be BoA from the start.
    your still going to have to lvl your alt there is no way around it.
    what

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    People think BC is the best expansion ever and they want WOW to be like that again. Blizzard has gone back to the roots of WoW and implemented some old school stuff, people still aren't happy. Blizzard really can't win.
    No, a very loud minority thinks BC was the best expansion ever. Last time they tried to bring back the BC feel with some difficulty in dungeons and raids, people just gave up and they reversed to easy-mode in 4.3, since less then 10% of the playerbase actually downed anything in the previous tiers.

Yet here we are again with "Grinding is so much fun! We'll just add a mandatory thing that requires people to dumbly farm mobs!". At least the previous orbs dropped from dungeons, it required a little bit of gameplay to get them. Now we'll get the MoP equivalent of farming wolves in Elwynn. It's gonna feel so rewarding indeed...

And it's BoP, so you'll have to farm mobs on every single character to get them. I could live with it if they were BoA from launch and I could at least choose on which toon to farm them. Their big motto for MoP was to let us choose what we want to do in the game, "You want to craft anything valuable? Go farm mobs!" doesn't look like much of a choice...

Well well well...the "Vanilla/TBC was best!!"-crowd is getting their desires met. But what's this? Lots and LOTS of angry voices raised? Can it really be that people DISLIKE the mindless farming that is nothing but time consuming?...hmmm

I'm curious to see what they do about this, there's still lots of room for changes and remember, a MAJORITY will always win. If they see lots and lots of angry voices raised over this, they'll alter it.

So from what I have read this is what I see people complaining about;

They want to use their alts to craft all the best stuff for their mains but claim they cannot because they can't transfer Harmony instead of grinding it out on their alt as that alt won't be level 90.

Don't the best patterns come from the factions that require you to be level 90 and do dailies for their rep?

So unless you get that alt to 90 he won't have the best gear to craft anyway...

And if you are simply referring to items such as potions they do not require Harmony nor do you need Harmony to reach max profession.

My thoughts on beta have been summed up by the following:

making farming "required".. this is the stupidest thing ever,
    im just not gonna bother leveling my professions then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minous View Post
    Don't the best patterns come from the factions that require you to be level 90 and do dailies for their rep?
    Cause grinding factions on every single character is gonna be so much fun too! Unless they make factions account-wide, MoP will turn into an horrible grind fest. At least it's the last thing they haven't brought back from BC yet, after a massive QQ wave, they'll let that go too and we'll have some fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Farming" isn't really the right word. It can drop off of literally any mob in any Pandaria zone or dungeon. You're gonna be "farming" this stuff pretty much no matter what you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they keep them BoP. Making people actually get their rump out of SW/Ogr is good for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaera View Post
    making farming "required".. this is the stupidest thing ever,
    im just not gonna bother leveling my professions then.
    Did you actually read the article? Outside of crafting epixxxx, where is it required to farm Harmonies?

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Did you actually read the article? Outside of crafting epixxxx, where is it required to farm Harmonies?
    Pfft, who reads posts these days? People skim and see things they don't like and piss and moan about how the game is ruined.

I for one welcome our Panda overlords and (most of) the changes they bring :P

Oh awesome now if I want to work with my profs on my alts I have to run around with shitty green quest gear farming mats.

/barf

That will be changed first patch in. Mark them words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Oh awesome now if I want to work with my profs on my alts I have to run around with shitty green quest gear farming mats.
    Yep, you will do that, it's called levelling
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

This makes no sense. Just do away the auction house then. This defeats the entire purpose of having an auction house.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post

/barf

That will be changed first patch in. Mark them words.
    No, you won't. There is absolutely no need for the Harmonies for levelling professions. The only place where they're required is for crafting epics, which will be relatively rare for some time, just as it was with previous expacks.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 11:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by skiibumm View Post
    This makes no sense. Just do away the auction house then. This defeats the entire purpose of having an auction house.
    Did they suddenly remove all other mats while I wasn't looking?

The AH will do fine, stop painting the devil on the wall.

I guess the part that goes:

While not every profession will get equal value out of them, most everyone will need to collect them for one reason or another.
    Nothing will ever be required. However, sometimes the other options are just not interesting enough to consider them. In this case, if you want to max out your professions and get the most out of them, judging by the article you will need Harmonies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haojilexiaobai View Post
    Ok, I couldn't find the standard reply thing so I had to quote someone. First thing that I noticed MMO-Champion: please change your ad policy so they load without sound. Upon opening that page, I had four advertisements all running and all playing sound. Once I finally muted them all, they scrolled over to load the next ad, so I ended up having to turn off my sound just to be able to read the article. >

I think as most of the comments also say, they should start out as BoA. If they start out BoP, I'm going to be restricted to only leveling certain profession characters first because it would be a waste of time to get to 90 on, say, my alt that has mining/skinning and have all those motes sitting around not being used. I'm not sure how many other people have characters like this, but for me it will be annoying not having the freedom to level the character I want to (which is whatever one I find fun not only the ones with crafting professions).
    Download AdBlock and AdBlock+. Those browser addons have done wonders for me on this website.

I agree, people ought to farm on whichever character they prefer. I miss the by-gone days of the Frozen Orb, which was never BoP, as I could farm dungeons for them on my geared main to use for my profession alts.

Here's to hoping Blizzard makes the motes and spirits BoA by release (or no later than 5.1).

It's a mix of primals and orbs. They're being combined into a new super-being!
    It's Elementium Monstrosity! :O

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    I really hope they keep them BoP. Making people actually get their rump out of SW/Ogr is good for the game.
    Or maybe you could just take your rump instead.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    I guess the part that goes:

Nothing will ever be required. However, sometimes the other options are just not interesting enough to consider them. In this case, if you want to max out your professions and get the most out of them, judging by the article you will need Harmonies.
    How is this different from collecting Chaos Orbs in Cataclysm? If you want something extra, be it money or epic gear (or perhaps an additional transmute in Mists), you have to do something extra to earn it. Nothing has changed, it's just taken on another appearance this time.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 11:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    It's Elementium Monstrosity! :O
    Thanks, now I want one as a pet. >.<

Deleted
    Mindlessly grinding mobs for random items. Amazing news, especially for tanks and healer characters.

I'm all for going to the world, but forcing crafters to mindlessly grind random mobs is a horrible idea.