Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The majority in itself are assholes.
    <greaterinternetfuckwadtheory.jpg> + <whiteknightsyndrome> = bullshit.

The "no-females-wanted" agenda's proven, though, in FPS games alone.

Deleted
    Im pretty sure that any guild that says no to women, is a shitty guild to be in anyways. Its about the skill and experience, not the gender, and for that reason, most high end raiding guilds leave that question out of their applications. My 8/8 hc guild, personally has about 7-8 female raiders, who are all part of the core 25 man team.

Deleted
    What a guild does is their business. I've never seen what I would consider a ''decent'' guild with such a restriction, but that's just my opinion. Many of the higher ranked guilds have several female members on their roster so take from that what you will.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Who do you hear more from though ? The people sitting in trade chat that wipe after two bosses, or the people that log in once a week, do a full clear, then call it quits til next tuesday ?

Bad guilds point fingers, good guilds kill bosses.
    Doesent make it any less true.. People dont recruit bad players for a reason, people dont recruit underaged people for a reason, people dont recruit females for a reason.

whiney players --> They're bad, no progress
    Underaged---> often problems, and hard to rely on because they're young.
    Females---> Well often the cause of drama

Now this isnt ALWAYS true.. im sure there are, underaged kids who managed in a guild and be perfectly fine. just like dramaless females.
    but thats not the point! They want to avoid such situations all toghether and there isnt really anything wrong with that.
    Wether females cause it or guys cause it. in the end with 1 gender it wont happen. not pointing fingers, its just the truth =/

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azshalorah View Post
    I have been browsing the WoW forums as of late, to try and find a guild for MoP. I have stumbled into a LOT of guilds flat out saying they won't recruit any females. Here is a quote from one guild in particular....

Now everything except for the 'no females' on that list I can understand. Can someone please enlighten me on this subject?

Thanks!
    Having a bisexual raid group can create a lot of drama.

Deleted
    I don't understand... girls can be really bright sometimes when guys don't see it anymore... in my opinion they are really ''usefull'' sometimes. it's also nice to hear a girl's voice sometimes instead of some dirty old guy who probably isn't wearing pants (I know that doesn't mean: take the 10k dps because she has a nicer voice)...
    it just doesn't make sense. everyone should deserve a chance tbh. 14 years old, female, greek... all of them:P
    *cheesiness, out*

I think it's absolute bullshit tbh X_X Rejecting girls from joining raids is stupid, considering they can do everything guys can do in a raid? This is coming from a guy too, and personally I see nothing wrong with females raiding, and I think it's a wee bit sad and ignorant that guys would be so pathetic as to reject a girl joining their guild just cause she's female lol, those kind of people need to get out more

I'll put this simply: Any guild with that restriction has it in place for the same reason someone would deny membership based on any other basic characteristic like nationality, skin color, sexual orientation, or religion.

It's called prejudice and ignorance. We're a long way from shaking that stuff off, but in the meantime there's no reason to subject yourself to it when there are plenty of highly competitive guilds that aren't filled with bigots. I'm stating this as a member of a long-established 8/8 Heroic guild that is known for providing a pleasant, no-drama environment. I'd say over a third of our members are women, and women are equally represented amongst our officers and raid leaders.

There really isn't much more you can say about it, so I have to wonder if the OP is either really naive or simply trolling.
    Last edited by Saravat; 2012-08-15 at 10:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Psst: They're afraid that their raiding group will be distracted by a female. (Not really)
    Howay the lads!

Females are fine aslong as they dont act "omg i got tits look at me" sadly enough there is alot of those around.

As sad as it is to admit as a female myself, I can *sort of* see where some of those guilds may be coming from. In my guild there are two females in the core raid team, myself and another girl my age. I am literally the most quiet raider, I do not like to draw attention to myself, and I more than pull my own weight on dps and boss mechanics. I raid with my boyfriend and normally we just talk to each other while listening in to the guild skype call for anything we might need to know (having cleared everything a long time ago most of it has nothing to do with mechanics or anything any more).

The other girl simply cannot stand having another female around, she is extremely competitive for the guys' attention and makes snide comments to anything I might say (which is rare to begin with). She is married with kids but flirts with every single male in the guild (except for my boyfriend), talks about sexual topics nearly in every conversation which of course gets all the attention from all the males. The guys makes borderline offensive comments to her like ("can you take a 10 inch ****" and things like that) and she encourages it. To me personally it doesn't matter, I am perfectly fine with her getting all that attention, I am content in my relationship and I'm not a big flirt. I could understand why she might act that way if I was trying to step into her "territory" and attention whore myself, but that is simply not the case.

But the bottom line is she is extremely rude to me, the snide remarks are getting really tiring, I feel like I have to walk on egg shells around her and be extra quiet because anything from me provokes nastiness from her. The funny part is I am the only person in the guild she acts this way around, she is cloyingly sweet to everyone except for me. This is definitely not making me enjoy raiding the longer it goes on. And I feel bad bringing it up to the guild leader because I feel like he's going to think I'm trying to be a drama queen.

Basically, she isn't the only girl I've run into over all my years in WoW that acts this way and I can see how a guild would like to avoid having this kind of situation on their hands when one raider is antagonizing another raider based on some imagined rivalry vying for male attention.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanotech View Post
    As sad as it is to admit as a female myself, I can *sort of* see where some of those guilds may be coming from. In my guild there are two females in the core raid team, myself and another girl my age. I am literally the most quiet raider, I do not like to draw attention to myself, and I more than pull my own weight on dps and boss mechanics. I raid with my boyfriend and normally we just talk to each other while listening in to the guild skype call for anything we might need to know (having cleared everything a long time ago most of it has nothing to do with mechanics or anything any more).

The other girl simply cannot stand having another female around, she is extremely competitive for the guys' attention and makes snide comments to anything I might say (which is rare to begin with). She is married with kids but flirts with every single male in the guild (except for my boyfriend), talks about sexual topics nearly in every conversation which of course gets all the attention from all the males. The guys makes borderline offensive comments to her like ("can you take a 10 inch ****" and things like that) and she encourages it. To me personally it doesn't matter, I am perfectly fine with her getting all that attention, I am content in my relationship and I'm not a big flirt. I could understand why she might act that way if I was trying to step into her "territory" and attention whore myself, but that is simply not the case.

But the bottom line is she is extremely rude to me, the snide remarks are getting really tiring, I feel like I have to walk on egg shells around her and be extra quiet because anything from me provokes nastiness from her. The funny part is I am the only person in the guild she acts this way around, she is cloyingly sweet to everyone except for me. This is definitely not making me enjoy raiding the longer it goes on. And I feel bad bringing it up to the guild leader because I feel like he's going to think I'm trying to be a drama queen.

Basically, she isn't the only girl I've run into over all my years in WoW that acts this way and I can see how a guild would like to avoid having this kind of situation on their hands when one raider is antagonizing another raider based on some imagined rivalry vying for male attention.
    Your post is pretty much how i feel, and i've experienced it aswell. it is sad that rotten appels ruin it for everyone but thats just how it goes.

For one, some of the best guilds in the world have female leaders. Also, OP, the guild you linked has terrible requirements for being "hardcore". For example, I meet all those requirements and haven't raided in 7 months. They might want to rethink that list.
    Last edited by Phasma; 2012-08-15 at 10:16 PM.

Deleted
    It could be that this Guild! ..This very Guild is just a bunch of sweaty nerds or geeks [its a stalemate] that pledge to not allow any Girls into their clubhouse! also what the deal with no cell phones?
    Last edited by mmocef1b14449a; 2012-08-15 at 10:13 PM. Reason: I just like editing stuff for no reason whatsoever

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waggles View Post
    Exactly how do you know she deleted all her characters if she was never heard from again? This sounds like another person assuming something they have no idea about. Maybe she just transfered.
    Because 5 "Unknown's" left the guild immediately after she logged off, transfers aren't instant, and she'd done something similar in wotlk where she over-reacted and deleted all of her characters only blizzard restored them for her (although it is possible they were restored again, that I don't know).
    "Ret paladins have been in a beta stage for 8 years, one day we will be ready for launch." - anaxie

If they say no to them then so be it. Odds are if you are a female you wouldn't want to be in that guild anyway. The why isn't all that important. Odds are a guild that is anti-female has had some bad drama in the past over women and not because of some secret code. Pretty much just like age restrictions -- odds are they have had trouble or known of trouble with kids in the past even though kids can be great at the game as well.

I have had 3 different experience with girls in video games, not saying this is the end all of it, but these are what I usually see:

1. The cool chick - Just as it sounds. Just a person you can talk with and be yourself around and she does the same. Carries her weight. This is really the majority of most women out there. The sad thing is you don't hear about them because people usually don't post or remark on things they are happy with.

2. The feminist - Usually have a rule book a mile thick on what you can and cannot do. Always sides with her "support" even if it is to jump off a cliff. Nothing is her fault and the fault finger always points at a dude. Every offense is a MAJOR offense -- even a slip of the tongue. Might be able to carry her weight or not -- but it will be a fight the whole time no matter the results.

3. The flirt - Finds a dude that is either to lonely or to stupid to realize what she is doing and takes advantage. These bitches bleed people, guilds, and communities dry. Usually can NEVER carry her weight but will receive more then most. Everything again is a MAJOR offense but instead of a fight on your hands it is sobbing and crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanotech View Post
    The other girl simply cannot stand having another female around, she is extremely competitive for the guys' attention and makes snide comments to anything I might say (which is rare to begin with).
    Sounds so familiar. In my guild there's one female who really likes to get guys attention. I have noticed that she did always answer something negative to me and she usually hate things that I like, it feels like she is somekind jealous to me. To guys she is nice and usually flirting or talking dirty things. But still I haven't seen so many of her kind. Most of the females I know from wow are kind to all and really good players too.

I don't believe this is a common occurrence.

Have any of you thought that, maybe, this guild isn't even thinking about skill or drama and just wants to make a guy only place? You know, a place where they don't have to censor themselves or change their behaviors because of the presence of the opposite sex. A place where they can make jerky and go on river boat gambling trips. Maybe the guys treat raiding as their weekly poker night and just want to hang out with other men.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe it is just a simple matter of any current females not wanting another one in the guild because their periods would synchronize, and if the new woman is an alpha...it could cause problems with their monthly routine. (yes i know it is a biological process not some that can be conveyed on VOiP programs, take it as what it is-humor)

really i can't think of any reason why, Steel Legion, recruits people without gender bias, we also end up kicking people sometimes if they are just, that, bad.
    and that regardless of gender as well. and while SL is no where near "a top guild" nor is the guild the OP linked.

there could be multiple reasons, maybe they have just had bad luck with female raiders, as there is more it seems, a female can do to ruin a guild/single raid, than there is that men can do (hard for a man to sweet talk someone into their pants for extra loot, raid spots, leaving the guild with their new girlfriend, etc)

previous poster papabudkin has an awesome idea, maybe it is a guild filled with females looking for some men to fill certain spots / positions.(my twist on his thoughts rather)
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.