Page 71 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    The links on reddit aren't working.
    Well, sounds like somebody took down that leak then. Or something.

All I know is that the scepter speed was reduced from 450 to 300, or thereabouts - whatever those numbers mean.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Scepter:

Orb of wrath speed reduced from 400 – 375. Damage decreased from .75 to .72

Honestly, the pre-nerfed speed is already slow, and you will not be able to tell the difference after this change (about 6.25% slower).
    Last edited by mmocdae4424a1e; 2012-08-14 at 12:56 AM.

Is that movement speed reduced, or the attack speed reduced? Because if it's actually the attack speed it shouldn't be that big of a deal. If it's movement speed, wtf are they thinking?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    What's your idea on s+sh/hammer btw?
    I like greatsword, so pretty much every build I've played has included it as a primary weapon.

Sword is a nice all-around weapon, so it makes it easy to pick up. It's used a lot for damage or balanced builds and does pretty well. However, I'm starting to think sword+shield isn't the best combo. Sword+focus is better because it allows you to stay more mobile. Hammer was hampered by having terrible activation times in the first two BWE's, so it didn't get much gameplay. On top of that, it also has a high potential for versatility, so it will probably take longer to "figure out". For example, Ring of Warding can be used to block hallways or cap points in addition to keeping enemies in melee.

DPS Spirit Weapon Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fUQQ...soYYxpgdBvCmZA

probably gonna use it for both pve and pvp. any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    No stun breaker is risky in pvp. :P
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    No stun breaker is risky in pvp. :P
    Oh i didnt notice a problem during betas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post

probably gonna use it for both pve and pvp. any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Maybe a good cheesed build for 1v1. Will be very weak when spirit weapons on cool down. In tpvp (and even hot joined), you will get instantly bursted down due to low hp/armor and no reliable condition removal (once you use your heal, you're done) besides light whirl finisher and the bow. Didn't bring anything to the table to support your team beside the bow. For PvE (at least leveling), anything is good with a greatsword.

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    That build will get you destroyed in PvP. You have under 15k HP and your armor isn't that high either. Usually you want at least 18k HP and 2300-2400 armor. If you even wanted to try this in PvP, I would go with staff / scepter + shield because you'll be eaten alive in melee. It may work once, but stability will shut out the spirit hammer, giving enough time to kill you. Not to mention, it's easy to render spirit weapons useless by jumping down a ledge.

I've never relied heavily on spirit weapons, so I'm not even sure if their damage alone is viable in PvE. But since you also have high power and high crit, you'll probably kill things quickly, which detracts from spirit weapons. If you try to take on a group, your low HP and armor will limit the size of the group you can take on, which doesn't allow you to capitalize on the spirit weapons to their full extent.

I actually used that build but with hammer/scepter+shield, as people said it's good for 1v1 but everything else is just meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I actually used that build but with hammer/scepter+shield, as people said it's good for 1v1 but everything else is just meh.
    I dunno i didnt really notice a problem during BWE/Stress test. Maybe i play it differently than most would. I dont just summon all my S Weapons at the same time or ever all the time. I use them as needed. Usually i keep the sword out cause it lasts longer and has a short cooldown. I use the hammer if i need some control and bow i use against condition heavy speccs or big fights where the aoe healing is more useful. Even with everything in S weapon traits i still never had a problem fighting anyone and during 8 hours of spvp i only died a handful of times.

I'm not saying it or i am perfect. I am worried about it in wvwvw and tpvp. Just think maybe i play it a little differently than most.

I wouldn't be worried about it in tPvP, the counters to that build are quite easy (for instance just focusing you down). Whilst in WvWvW it can be difficult to find that one guardian with the spirit weapons .

With meh I ment to say there are better alternatives/ways to build a guardian. I didn't mean it's completely not viable. I merely wanted to add that with hammer/scept+sh it's a pretty good build since you can stay away from danger (making it a tad more viable in multi foe engagements).

Also as we said it's great in 1v1 I take it you mainly played sPvP (hot join) which really isn't representative to tPvP.

The scepter speed nerf might actually make me go Elementalist. I would have gone Guardian guaranteed if it just had some more ranged options. Now it pretty much have no ranged options at all.

Deleted
    Scepter's speed only got reduced by 6.25%. I didn't even notice a thing while playing today's stress test.

Quote Originally Posted by Trungalung View Post
    Scepter's speed only got reduced by 6.25%. I didn't even notice a thing while playing today's stress test.
    Again, is that movement speed, or is that actually casting speed?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Latest stress event makes me more undecided...

Oh no!

So here I was, almost certain that I would be making a Warrior for the beefy melee damage and plate armor when all of the sudden I decide to try the Guardian.

I was pleasantly surprised with how the Guardian played! The overall feeling was a little more enjoyable than my Warrior which felt a little...underwhelmed at first. Maybe this is due to the fact that my Warrior had to endure the boring starter zone which is Norn and my Guardian went through the Human zone or that the Guardian abilities I had felt a little better (I had a nice 2H mace).

What I am mostly concerned about is their DPS output and survivability compared to a Warrior. I assume the DPS is lower but better survivability (I only got to level 10 today on the Guardian) since they are a support class but I was curious to know whether Guardians have the ability to spec in to more damage but retain some survivability or if there's simply no give and take between the two when it comes to talent/skill spending.

I don't mind doing less damage but at the same time I don't want to hit like a wet noodle either and this seems to be one of the big concern in regards to whether I want to keep my sights on Warrior or roll a Guardian. I'm fairly certain no one else in my circle of friends will be rolling a Guardian either but there will be another Warrior so that'll come in to my final decision as well.

Anyone else find themselves in the same situation and offer some input? I like both classes and how they can serve two different purposes and it pains me to not have rolled one during the last BW to properly compare.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Again, is that movement speed, or is that actually casting speed?
    I'm pretty sure it's the projectile speed cause I'm watching my clips side to side. It's the same casting speed (well at least for my eyes).

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 01:04 AM ----------

Oh, fyi Orbs of Wrath got nerfed a little bit more.

Orb of Wrath Damage: 415.0346. Damage: 368.5507.

Source: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/7...-achievements/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trungalung View Post
    Still really seems strange to do that when the primary complaint people had about Scepter was how ridiculously slow the projectiles are - then they go and make them slower, however slight.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Still really seems strange to do that when the primary complaint people had about Scepter was how ridiculously slow the projectiles are - then they go and make them slower, however slight.
    Still hoping that shortly after release we get a longbow with blue flame arrows. Hopefully its also more dps oriented than support.

Can someone clarify how is Renewed Justice trait supposed to work? I tested it out on dummies but I don't see the burning effect recharge when I kill one.