Page 46 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    That was very Warcraft-esk! The cheese, the art style, everything. It reminded me soooo much of W3 and Vanilla/BC.

I know comparing cinematics is like comparing book jacket covers, so really shouldn't be done, but inevitably people do (as demonstrated in this thread) So I put it up there in the top 3 in terms of composition, story, and animation. This expansion is already starting off so much better than either WotLK or Cataclysm!

I loved it.
    Bring on Mists of Pandaria!

Yea, was definitely hoping they'd shift focus towards the "lurking evil" in the background after the fun playfulness at the beginning. But that legitimately reminded me of Kung Fu Panda. And I'd never thought of the expansion in that way until now.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-08-16 at 05:05 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    ./jizzedallovermyscreen

~Spazzer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    You feel this way because you don't see the bigger picture.
    But you do. Obviously.
    Some of these replies are pretty laughable.

The trailer can set the tone for the expansion. The tone of this trailer was an opportunity for Blizzard to distance itself away from the Kungfu Panada Kids franchise it seems to have got associated with so people could say "ya that's really different than that Disney thing". But they did the very opposite of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadanon View Post
    I think alot of ppl have gotten their confirmation they needed. Pandas are for kids. And the past 6 years of WOW are worth zero (hence the horde and ally characters where fighting with sticks and junk).

Im a AP players - I will buy the expansion and play the first month I got left of AP. But I have very little intrest to commit to long term stay in this game now. Cause its so obvious that Blizzard is not commited themselfs to deliver a good solid long term game anymore. Cause if they were... they would not have left Cataclysm dead with DW raid for 8 months.

You must not have been around when Blizzard left Wrath dead for 12 months. Or TBC dead for over a year after Black Temple released before Sunwell came out.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    The best part of this expansion is that it'll get rid of players like you. Good riddance. Talk about a blessing in disguise.
    my thoughts exactly i really look forward to play when all the haters are gone

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    im sorry that some people found this childish. im 31 and i enjoyed it. part of what i like about wow is that they dont take themselves so serious. i loved it and the expression on their faces when they see whats stomping on them is priceless.

I keep re-watching this scene. SO awesome!
    THANK YOU BLIZZARD. WE WANTZ ZE PANDAZ

10+ Year Old Account
    It's very well done...i wonder how much time/money/people it took to create 0o

Nothing will ever beat the orginal Cinematics. They were so awsome. Just makes me sad how bad this one is in Comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhNr563aJWs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dmarxs View Post
    The trailer can set the tone for the expansion. The tone of this trailer was an opportunity for Blizzard to distance itself away from the Kungfu Panada Kids franchise it seems to have got associated with so people could say "ya that's really different than that Disney thing". But they did the very opposite of that.
    I have to agree on that one!

I really wonder what would happen if Tauren had been the new race.
    "Lol cow people, how can anyone take this game serious anymore I quit!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    im sorry that some people found this childish. im 31 and i enjoyed it. part of what i like about wow is that they dont take themselves so serious. i loved it and the expression on their faces when they see whats stomping on them is priceless.

can anyone shrink this picture to signature size? :S

Quote Originally Posted by Halsynd View Post
    The game is almost freakin 10 years old, the game wont folow you as you grow, itll keep targetting the younger audience, aka, teens/young adults, chances are if you started in vanilla you're about 25-26+. now take 10 years off of that.... yeah.... times change, you change, the game changes. Get. Over. It.
    The game's demographic has been the 20+ crowd since it's release. Switching that demographic 7 years later is an absolutely terrible call. That said, humor is all well and good. But this trailer does absolutely nothing to tell us what MoP will be about. It doesn't set a stage, build up any characters. It even ends with the Orc and Human "getting along" at the end. It's not the childishness. It's the over the top cheesiness. Why all Blizzard products have recently started moving in this direction irks me no end.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-08-16 at 05:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I'm still playing the expansion and this cinematic wasn't gonna change my mind either way. But it's actually quite disappointing. It's just not very good.

10+ Year Old Account
    DAMN,, GOOSEBUMPS!!! 25thSEPT<3
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

"Hey guys, lets make this cinematic where it shows every aspect of this new expansion, but let's leave out the most important aspect of it!
    Bleh

You know what more then anything this whole thread makes me sad. I feel bad for all the people that can't get enjoyment out of the simple things anymore. I can just imagine them flipping through the channels, coming across a fun little cartoon, hissing like a vampire and then changing the channel to Jersey Shore.

There was actually a really deep meaning to the trailer. It's not Blizzard's fault so many people likr yourself couldn't grasp it and are instead taking it at face value.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    That cinematic was really awesome!

It actually kind of reminded me of Pirates of the Carribbean. But don't ask me how.
    How......?