Page 50 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    umm... this trailer did the same exact thing as the cataclysm trailer did. It told you how it started.

Going back to the cata trailer, it explained how the world got F*d in the ass. You only say that because you already knew about cata from coming here, so the trailer had nothing new; I'm so sorry MMOCHAMP spoiled it for you back then.

Wrath trailer did nothing for the expansion as an intro except for reintroducing the LK after his long absence since WC3:FT. I personally miss the racial/class display seen in the vanilla and TBC trailers. Cata's intro comes in a close second for me because it explains everything. MoP's explains a little, and Wrath explains nothing at all.
    The "nothing" that Wrath did was much more than the "nothing" accomplished in the Cata or Mists trailer. It felt more personal, contrasting the once noble future of Arthas and his potential to be king with the monster that he had become. All in all though, it really just gave you an idea of the type of villain you were up against.

But in general, cinematics do evolve over time in their focus.

Classic: Horde-Alliance combat, your character, the classes and races. (tiny bit of lore, "four years have past" etc.)
    BC: Classes/races(BE/Draenei mostly), horde-alliance combat(less), Villain & lore
    Wrath: Villain & lore
    Cataclysm: Villain (No lore, even though Deathwing had pleanty that they could have used)
    Mists: Horde/Allaince combat, mixed messages towards the Pandaren

Take from that what you may. Interesting to think about how cinematics might work in the future.
    Last edited by kizee94; 2012-08-16 at 05:38 PM.

Wow, what a great trailer.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was great! I wish it was longer. BRING ON WOW MOVIE ALREADY!

Amazing cinematic! Loved the humor as well.

Can't wait for MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    As many others said, it's a childish video for a childish expansion. It's a matter of fact, really. Now, don't even jump on this, because it's useless. The style, the plot, the characters: it's all clearly very Disney-inspired. And that's technically very good: Disney is a succesful company, very professional, makes great products. For kids. Most adults can also enjoy them as well from time to time, sure, that's fine, go for it. But don't deny what's evident and stop trashing those who say how things are.

The only more humorous thing here is that someone is actually trying to argue that the video is so metaphorical and deep that someone isn't understanding it. Now, next time come and tell us that we don't get Winny the Pooh because there's a huge metaphor we are missing... Listen, we perfectly know that they are trying to depict the conflict between Horde and Alliance, etc. We know it, ok? It's just that such a conflict at this point is depicted in such a comedy tone and with such a childish visual language that we just can't care less about it anymore, is it clear now? You cannot just say that a movie is about war to make it interesting to everyone who is into war-fiction. There are movies about war for kids and there are movies about war for adults. This was clearly like a movie for kids. That's it.

You still like it? Fine, go for it. But deal with the fact that there's also plenty of people who are fed up of this. And yes, they are perfectly entitled to say it, to post it here and to be enraged about a game they used to be different, a game they liked immensely and played a lot. The Warcraft franchise was always about mixing darker themes and some comic relief. Now they have clearly left behind the first part in favour of the second. Their marketing office probably rightly adviced them to do so, fine. But stop denying it or trashing "the haters". We are not "the haters", we are people who probably played WoW much longer than you. But we are now extremaly unhappy, we are providing sound reasons to be unhappy and we are thus entitled to say that we are unhappy by this product. Period. Thank you. Bye bye.
    I bet you're great fun at parties.

Spoiler alert: LUL KUNG FU PANDA NERRHURHURRR =/= Valid/sound reasons.
    Also, Kung Fu Panda is Dreamworks. Not disney. At least get your trolling material right.
    Also, deal with the fact that people are sick of you lawn-shitters that do nothing but want a Grim-dark game. Blizzard has humor, lots of it actually, and just because we don't have fuckin' elves getting impaled on spikes and.. pterodactyls flyin' everywhere.. shittin' spike bombs and.. and ants.. ANTS EVERYWHERE..

Anyways, if you don't like it, that's fine. Just don't shit on everyone else when we ALSO have sound opinions (IE: not NUERRHRHRHH PANDALAND) as to why we like it, and that it isn't 'kiddy'.
    Last edited by Guavasaur; 2012-08-16 at 05:39 PM.

Glad I quit. This looks boring.

As many others said, it's a childish video for a childish expansion. It's a matter of fact, really. Now, don't even jump on this, because it's useless. The style, the plot, the characters: it's all clearly very Disney-inspired. And that's technically very good: Disney is a succesful company, very professional, makes great products. For kids. Most adults can also enjoy them as well from time to time, sure, that's fine, go for it. But don't deny what's evident and stop trashing those who say how things are.
    I love the way you use fact totally incorrect here. Kudos.

10+ Year Old Account
    the human/horde flags falling together was good touch
    Favorite Owned Title: Champion of Ulduar
    Favorite Owned Mount: Ashes of Al'ar
    "Prisoners? Ha. With it bindings unshackled, its gonna' come after us, and we're going to be the prisoners" -- Brann Bronzebeard on Yogg'saron

the only problem i have with the cinematic is that it suffered from the same problem that WOTLK cinematic had, it was just 1 looooooooong scene, and to me was boring in comparison to vanilla, TBC and Cata cinematics (before you say that cata was the same, those plates being put on deathwing and the flight around the whole of azeroth couldn't have happened in the 3 mins you see in the cinematic, more like over the course of the elemental invasion back in WOTLK).

However, i did like fight that transpired in the cinematic (especially the comical look from both horde and alliance members) and gave a more sense of fortelling, Horde and alliance fighting tooth and nail against each other, and then combined strengths against a common enemy (if that doesn't prophesis going against Garrosh, i dont know what will....)

10+ Year Old Account
    You still hate it? Fine, go for it. But deal with the fact that there's also plenty of people who are happy with this. And yes, they are perfectly entitled to say it, to post it here and to be enthusiastic about a game they used to be different (and has since improved), a game they liked immensely and played a lot (and still do). The Warcraft franchise was always about mixing darker themes and some comic relief. Now that is still clearly true with elements like the Sha, the Mogu, and Garrosh becoming corrupt. Their marketing office probably rightly adviced them to do so, fine. But stop denying it or trashing "the fanboys". We are not "the fanboys", we are people who probably played WoW much longer than you. But we are now extremaly happy, we are providing sound reasons to be happy and we are thus entitled to say that we are happy with this product. Period. Thank you. Bye bye.

My version. Equally valid.
    Last edited by Leowyld; 2012-08-16 at 05:40 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    To all the people that say it's "childish" because of the comedy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp5Xs...feature=relmfu
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

Loved the trailer! Though it makes Pandaran seem like a new third faction (which would have been amazing). Loved it though! I think 2 pandas, one joining the Orc and one the human, would have been great.

I loved that cinematic, I love pandaren, I loved seeing pandaren beat up non-pandaren, awesome cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post

The only more humorous thing here is that someone is actually trying to argue that the video is so metaphorical and deep that someone isn't understanding it. Now, next time come and tell us that we don't get Winny the Pooh because there's a huge metaphor we are missing... Listen, we perfectly know that they are trying to depict the conflict between Horde and Alliance, etc. We know it, ok? It's just that such a conflict at this point is depicted in such a comedy tone and with such a childish visual language that we just can't care less about it anymore, is it clear now? You cannot just say that a movie is about war to make it interesting to everyone who is into war-fiction. There are movies about war for kids and there are movies about war for adults. This was clearly like a movie for kids. That's it.

You still like it? Fine, go for it. But deal with the fact that there's also plenty of people who are fed up of this. And yes, they are perfectly entitled to say it, to post it here and to be enraged about a game they used to be different, a game they liked immensely and played a lot. The Warcraft franchise was always about mixing darker themes and some comic relief. Now they have clearly left behind the first part in favour of the second. Their marketing office probably rightly adviced them to do so, fine. But stop denying it or trashing "the haters". We are not "the haters", we are people who probably played WoW much longer than you. But we are now extremaly unhappy, we are providing sound reasons to be unhappy and we are thus entitled to say that we are unhappy by this product. Period. Thank you. Bye bye.
    pretty sure most disney movies dont start out with people trying to kill eachother... ive played wow since vanilla and ive been waiting for the pandaren since vanilla, pandaren have been the most asked for race since wow came out, this cinematic is awesome and badass and funny, everything wow is and always has been a mix of gritty and lightheartedness.

it showed off everything this expac is about, a dark total war, the pandaren trying to stop it by trying to be the wedge inbetween the factions, the essence of the pandaren has a badass yet playful and trickster race, and the land of pandaria itself, a land of peace and harmony that is held by a tenuous balance that is about to be broken by them bringing their war to it
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Awesome indeed. You can definitely see that they've upped the model quality for every successive cinematic. Unfortunately I found the initial fight too lengthy, plus Orcs and Humans are the most boring races in the game, I would love to have seen Worgen, Blood Elves or even some of the new monsters (and female Pandaren).

Guess they wanted to focus on the classical clash between the factions...

Great CGI like always.But the cinematic itself doesnt say much.Its too positive as well.

childish because of the comedy? LOL, i`m pretty sure i`ve watched a stupid amount of asian films where there was comedy in them. I guess i`m a stupid little immature kid because I liked kung-fu hustle too, right? the trailer was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluxwave View Post
    dont you think theres a valid reason for that

also your complaining too
    That there is a valid reason to complain about anything? No there really isn't. If the cinematic doesn't fit to the complainers specific ideal on what it will be they will complain. Is that a valid reason? No. If they acknowledged the good and bad and admit that they wanted something different then their complaint is valid. I know today's school system is sucking in America these days (heck it sucked a decade ago when I was there) but there is a difference between a pointless "<x> sucks" and "<x> was bad because I didn't like <y> but <z> fit in there rather nicely". That difference is one of them is constructive criticism and the other is useless rot that doesn't improve squat.

Deleted
    I loved it. I liked when the Human hands the Orc the spear and how cool the Pandaren was! Makes me excited to make my own Pandaren.

Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    That there is a valid reason to complain about anything? No there really isn't. If the cinematic doesn't fit to the complainers specific ideal on what it will be they will complain. Is that a valid reason? No. If they acknowledged the good and bad and admit that they wanted something different then their complaint is valid. I know today's school system is sucking in America these days (heck it sucked a decade ago when I was there) but there is a difference between a pointless "<x> sucks" and "<x> was bad because I didn't like <y> but <z> fit in there rather nicely". That difference is one of them is constructive criticism and the other is useless rot that doesn't improve squat.
    Example:
    I fucking hate olives because they taste disgusting.
    Does that mean olives are bad? No. I just don't like them.
    But I don't run around going NO
    NO
    OLIVES ARE BAD
    YOU SPIT THAT OUT RIGHT NOW THEY'RE DISGUSTING FRUITS OF SATAN.
    Last edited by Guavasaur; 2012-08-16 at 05:44 PM.