Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Races playable at a given point in time will now be playable by anyone irrespective of the expansions they own.

This doesn't mean that Pandas come on 28th of August.
    It also doesn't mean that level 90 characters are available to WoW only players.
    Thanks for clarifying.
    Blizzard sure worded that poorly.

Deleted
    This is a great idea and makes perfect sense. Most new players will buy the expansions one by one, so without this change they'd have an 85 main of another race by the time they'd be able to try a Pandaren - and who wants to switch mains at that point?
    aehm sorry but wow dont get a lot NEW players for a long time now and i dont think this change is made for them - for me it looks like mop dont sell as good as they want and with this change they hope the players with catacaclysm which plan to leave will trie it out and maby stay

10+ Year Old Account
    dont get why 99% if the people on here care, but its cool I guess.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by gurv View Post
    Thanks for clarifying.
    Blizzard sure worded that poorly.
    No they didn't? I understood it just fine...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    It includes Pandaren after Sep 25th. It is interesting that you would be able to buy Vanilla/BC, then roll a Pandaren, and do the Pandaren starting quests on the turtle. Im guessing you cant be a DK w/o Wrath or a monk w/o MoP though.
    That would be correct. It also means you can't utilize any of the new race/class combos w/o Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Peoples panties are in a bunch of a small ass change?

The ONLY thing this does is let people who dont have the Cata xpac play as Worgens/Goblins.

Who the fuck doesnt have the Cata xpac? So this change is for like 15 people...

Deleted
    now one free recustomization to everyone who started playing before 25th of september
    i would racechange my boomy to nelf or worgen, tauren is too boring

Where this works best: with RAF. You can now RAF-triple XP worgens and goblins (and pandarens) from their starting zone without purchasing all the X-Pacs on the RAF account.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Peoples panties are in a bunch of a small ass change?

The ONLY thing this does is let people who dont have the Cata xpac play as Worgens/Goblins.

Who the fuck doesnt have the Cata xpac? So this change is for like 15 people...
    People are happy to see a positive new change, and YOUR panties are in a very tight bunch? Common, you can't be serious with that attitude...

Time and again people have voiced their concerns about people having to upgrade to the latest expansion to pick a race they really want, instead of buying the first part, jumping in, play and then decide to upgrade. This change is aimed to anyone wanting to start playing WoW. If you think that's 15 people, then the joke's on you.

For the vast majority of players, especially those on sites like this one, this means basically nothing. If you have all the expansion, this changes nothing for you.

The real aim of this is to allow people to come back and roll a goblin, Worg or Panda(after sept 25) without having to buy cata or Mop yet. basically expansions are mostly for raising your level cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    Sweet! I already reserved my Panda's name, now all I got to do is wait for 28th August ^^
    No you wait til the 25th of september. Read the article. It says you can play any race regardless of which expansion you own. MoP is technically not released therefore it doesn't technically become an ownable expansion until september 25th. Meaning if you have only vanilla...you can play a blood elf or draenei because Burning Crusade is an ownable expansion come patch 5.0.4. You can play a goblin or worgen because Cataclysm is an ownable expansion as of 5.0.4. However, because MoP is NOT an ownable expansion until september 25th...that means that patch 5.0.4 will be released august 28th. It is releasing all past as well as FUTURE restrictions on race choices for expansions regardless of which you own. So since MoP is released on september 25th that is when patch 5.0.4 will have its technical effect on the pandaren because they will be considered an ownable expansion on that day.

Reading is a two step process. First, read the statement...second comprehend the meaning of the statement and think about it in a logical way. People are going to end up freaking out and complaining because blizzard probably didn't word it very clearly to some because they wanted to make it a short and to the point post...partially a mistake on their part for not making it easier to understand...but at the same time the reader should also be aware that MoP isn't being released on August 28th but rather september 25th and therefore it's technically not an expansion as of yet. I just hate it when people freak out screaming blizzard lied blizzard lied when it is simply written in a way that you need to stop and think and not get ahead of yourself and get all excited over something that isn't promised only to be disappointed when it doesn't happen.

Hopefully this post will clarify some things for people so they understand now what blizzard meant. And I don't mean to sound like a prick...because I am not intending to be one. I just hate to see people get all excited and start preparing for something that just isn't going to happen as soon as they would like. I wish I could play a panda too...but it just won't be the case because well...MoP technically isn't an expansion until it is released. If blizzard wanted to they could scrap the whole project and never release MoP. (And I highly doubt that would happen but you never know!)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have any questions about the meaning of the announcement I'd recommend the well-explained previous posts. The amount of confusion over this announcement is a bit surprising.

It is a good move by Blizzard, and I could see this leading to them putting together an updated wow battlechest-type collection that includes vanilla and all expansions at least through cata to help make things simpler for new players. I know if I was new to wow and had to go up to the sales counter with 5 boxes (vanilla and the 4 exp now including mop) I'd probably have to think twice about the game and wonder wth I was getting myself into...

Deleted
    You wont be able to make a pandaren during patch 5.0.4 which is released in august. They just made so you can make a blood elf, draenei, worgen, goblin and a pandaren without needing the x-pac. The restriction is still on classes like you need wotlk for dk and mop for monk
    "This includes the enigmatic pandaren, who will become available for play when Mists of Pandaria is released on Tuesday, September 25."
    Pandaren wont be released untill 25sept with monks and everything else
    Last edited by mmoc29c502100c; 2012-08-16 at 05:43 PM.

Deleted
    haters gonna hate.

i myself didnt see this coming, if its a good choice i dnt know. but it doesnt affect me, and it seems a nice change for starter accounts.

I'm really hoping this means that all hairstyles for the Pandaren will be available for all races of a given faction, because my warrior wants some'a dem panda beards!
    Last edited by Vallius; 2012-08-16 at 05:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    " This includes the enigmatic pandaren, who will become available for play when Mists of Pandaria is released on Tuesday, September 25"

I'm confused on this part... "Includes Pandaren"?

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why so much disdain for this change. It really doesn't affect anyone who is currently playing or who has no desire to return to WOW. This was intended for the potential new players who want to give WOW a test drive with the "free play" from level 1 to 20, as it it will let them check out whichever race they want right off the bat and allow them a much better position to decide for themselves if it's a game that they want to continue to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    haters gonna hate.

i myself didnt see this coming, if its a good choice i dnt know. but it doesnt affect me, and it seems a nice change for starter accounts.
    There is no hate, what are you on about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskster View Post
    That would be correct. It also means you can't utilize any of the new race/class combos w/o Cata.
    Which race/class combos? There isn't any new one and every other one is available without any expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Where this works best: with RAF. You can now RAF-triple XP worgens and goblins (and pandarens) from their starting zone without purchasing all the X-Pacs on the RAF account.
    And this is exactly what I was thinking. I was about to get a new RaF account and it's great that I can make a Worgen on that without upgrading
    Last edited by mmoc44e5154f48; 2012-08-16 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwine View Post
    " This includes the enigmatic pandaren, who will become available for play when Mists of Pandaria is released on Tuesday, September 25"

I'm confused on this part... "Includes Pandaren"?
    It means as of September 25th you'll also be able to roll Pandaren on a Starter Account or on an account not upgraded to MoP.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.