10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Oh no, someone posted that in a current GW2 thread on /vg/
    Oh, now I see it.
    /vg/ isn't anything to worry about, their GW2 community is more vulgar-ists than trolls

---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 03:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    As for the link maybe : https://account.guildwars2.com/download/win
    Not sure if will go thru, let me know.
    You can direct link the client, which means you don't need to log in, or even have an account to download it (Anet says it's fine)
    http://cloudfront.guildwars2.com/client/Gw2Setup.exe

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    thanks zil =) the link worked.

I Just hope I can download the game before they do another test (I'm keeping my hopes up that there will be at least 1 more in the 10 days remaining till launch)

Do they announce these test with any anticipation? or they just happen in the spur of the moment and if you didn't paid attention too bad?
    I think they usually warn 24h before give or take XD

=( something weird is happening. I downloaded the client, I double-click it, it starts downloading something (Without even asking me where to install it) and when its about 10mb in, it shuts down and nothing else happens.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    =( something weird is happening. I downloaded the client, I double-click it, it starts downloading something (Without even asking me where to install it) and when its about 10mb in, it shuts down and nothing else happens.
    You running AVG?

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    You running AVG?
    what's that?

what's that?
    Anti virus

Anti virus
    ahh, well my antivirus is ESET NOD32.

ahh, well my antivirus is ESET NOD32.
    Idk, could you try disabling it or the firewall or some other programs you may have opened and try it again? Maybe re-download the client somewhere else. Restart computer and so forth. XD

Idk, could you try disabling it or the firewall or some other programs you may have opened and try it again? Maybe re-download the client somewhere else. Restart computer and so forth. XD
    Dammit T_T

Why can't anything ever be simple? =/

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Oh, now I see it.
    /vg/ isn't anything to worry about, their GW2 community is more vulgar-ists than trolls

Oh I know, I lurk often, friend on steam linked it.

Its not working =( disabled the antivirus, rebooted my PC, and still nothing. I execute the GW2 installer, it starts downloading something, and at 10mb, its always closed. And then nothing happens.

I had that happen on my laptop when I went to install the game. Ended up deleting all the gw2 files and redownloading the exe and then I made a folder and threw it in there and then ran it.

Well, it seem it was a virtual memory problem, I had to start blindly doing stuff to get it to work.

I hate windows seven >_> why couldn't this new PC have XP instead?

Well, it seem it was a virtual memory problem, I had to start blindly doing stuff to get it to work.

I hate windows seven >_> why couldn't this new PC have XP instead?
    But.. but.. windows 7 actually doesn't suck. =P
    Now complaining about new PCs when Vista was the 'main OS', that I could understand. xD

Deleted
    Phew - in exactly 7 days etc etc.

I can almost taste it! :-)

why does it seem like theres no player interaction at all in world vs world? at least from what i've seen

perhaps the reason why they removed player names from WvW was because of this, to make it seem like NPCS are players when they are really just bots...hope it isnt true...
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    But.. but.. windows 7 actually doesn't suck. =P
    But I've been using XP for the past 10 years, thus I know it inside out. With Seven everything is new, and I know JACK SQUAT! T_T

Whenever there's a problem, I may as well be trying to read a chinese news paper. Having to re-learn all the ins and outs of an OS isn't something I enjoy, I'm a historian, and an aspiring future chef, not a technician =(

Deleted
    But I've been using XP for the past 10 years, thus I know it inside out. With Seven everything is new, and I know JACK SQUAT! T_T

Whenever there's a problem, I may as well be trying to read a chinese news paper. Having to re-learn all the ins and outs of an OS isn't something I enjoy, I'm a historian, and an aspiring future chef, not a technician =(
    What always amazes me - and this isn't directed at you...and it's not really on-topic so I'll keep it brief - I'm highly technical...given enough time I can and have written my own operating system...and I just never have these kinds of troubles...but, I never need to use my technical knowledge. I install the OS, install my games and development tools...play, work...no troubles with virtual memory or anything. Some of my non-technical friends though...they seem cursed - the things that go wrong with their computers leave me scratching my head and saying "but you only use internet explorer - *how* did the computer get itself in to that state". It's as if they have a fairy infestation, who switch the computer on and delete random system files during the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    What always amazes me - and this isn't directed at you...and it's not really on-topic so I'll keep it brief - I'm highly technical...given enough time I can and have written my own operating system...and I just never have these kinds of troubles...but, I never need to use my technical knowledge. I install the OS, install my games and development tools...play, work...no troubles with virtual memory or anything. Some of my non-technical friends though...they seem cursed - the things that go wrong with their computers leave me scratching my head and saying "but you only use internet explorer - *how* did the computer get itself in to that state". It's as if they have a fairy infestation, who switch the computer on and delete random system files during the night.
    You said it. Internet Explorer. When anyone has a problem with their computer: If they use internet explorer, automatically blame it. Because It's probably IEs fault. The thing is about as unsafe as you can get.

OT: Any word on when the exact time the servers are opening?(preferably in EST)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    OT: Any word on when the exact time the servers are opening?(preferably in EST)
    Officially Midnight PDT - You can get a timer from here to work out what that is http://gw2status.com/ but it's 6 days and 23 hours from now (oh my god).

BUT they've also said that they may bring up the servers, up to 3 hours in advance, so potentially from 9pm PDT on the 24th but no guarantee until midnight.