Page 9 of 265 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devourer View Post
    So you're half realistic half not, it doesnt make much sense, especially when you're mentioning 2 of your biggest rivals
    Liverpool ain't really a rival nowadays in terms of fighting for the title

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    5-1 for Rangers today, it was over 49,000 meanwhile the SPL's combined total for today was just over 32,000! That means we had a bigger crowd for our home league opener than Celtic did, this makes me a happy man indeed!
    Celtic's home opener against Aberdeen was 48,200, or did you mean today? They did play Ross county so you would hope you had a bigger crowd, their ground only seats 6300

oh sorry see what you mean, yeah pretty impressive getting more people in, hope you guys can keep it up
    Last edited by Wezmon; 2012-08-18 at 07:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by laffling View Post
    Liverpool ain't really a rival nowadays in terms of fighting for the title
    True. I don't see them nowhere near top 4 this season either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    True. I don't see them nowhere near top 4 this season either.
    if spurs and Newcastle do well this season i don't seem them top 6

Deleted
    if spurs and Newcastle do well this season i don't seem them top 6
    As I said earlier, I see them in top 7 at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    You've two Manchester clubs and two (of three) London clubs fighting over the top four this season. 5th will be either from London, Everton or Newcastle. That's my guess anyway.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    TOOOON!
    Demba Ba's shot, just... wow. Ben Arfa's penalty was nice. Defoe's goal was ugly and basically a Santon OG. We won though, and that's all that matters.

Also, had to laugh at Pardew getting kicked off the touch line.

---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 08:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    You've two Manchester clubs and two (of three) London clubs fighting over the top four this season. 5th will be either from London, Everton or Newcastle. That's my guess anyway.
    I think you mean Liverpool, not Everton :P
    Also lol at Liverpool being in people's top 4.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    My top five is:

1. City
    2. United
    3. Chelsea
    4. Newcastle
    5. Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    Celtic's home opener against Aberdeen was 48,200, or did you mean today? They did play Ross county so you would hope you had a bigger crowd, their ground only seats 6300
    Read what was written, "that means we had a bigger crowd for our HOME LEAGUE OPENER THAN CELTIC DID" - it's not difficult to get from that that i mean there were more people at Ibrox today than there were at Celtic v Aberdeen, I'm perfectly well aware of the capacity at Victoria Park (today would be classified as a sell out). The truth is that more people were at Ibrox today than attended the SPL's grounds combined, making a mockery of all those fans who said they would not be back at grounds if Rangers were allowed in the SPL - those fans not only haven't bothered their backside to go to games but there's actually less of them now than there were last year. The reason ofcourse being the SPL does not represent value for money, common sense will tell you that there is no way on gods green earth £23 is value for money to watch Aberdeen v Ross County (or £28 from the main stand at Pittodrie) - but ofcourse there's no choice for SPL chairmen as they HAVE to charge those prices in order to keep the banks off their back.

Now Rangers needed punished, no doubts whatsoever about that, but look at how the SFA & SPL have done things, they've been told by a court of law that they were out of order yet have proceeded to blackmail the club into accepting the sanction in return for membership of the SFA and despite treating us as a newco wish to punish us further. There comes a time when justice ends and it becomes a vendetta, that point came a long time ago - we've been deducted points for entering administration, had all prize money won last season removed from us, forced to start in D3, forced to accept a 2 window transfer embargo, forced to pay off all domestic footballing debt (despite the old HOLDING company going bankrupt) & fined. That's before you take into account the fact they're holding an "investigation" into non-contractual payment, something which has never been proved - hell even the HMRC outcome is unknown at this point in time, for which they will want further punishment. There's a great deal of confusion - they want to treat Rangers as a new club, yet want to punish them, forgive me for sounding more than a little perplexed, but they currently want newco consequences at times but oldco consequences at other times, in other words, newco, but only when it suits them.

I'm more than a little sick of the bullshit that Scottish football has thrown at Rangers over the last 6 months, did Craig Whyte fuck up, yes he did and trust me, there's a list as long as your arm who would deal with him if given half the chance, but looking at the punishments I've listed it draws into question the validity of the statement by the SFA that the only more serious offense would be match fixing - compared to us Juventus got a skelped backside and told they were naughty boys! Rangers fans will continue to look at the SPL and point out their figures being consistently lower than ours, will continue to show the SFA & SPL as clueless and continue to ask the question if the punishment fits, the reality is that the punishment is severe in the extreme, but our memories are long and we'll never forget or forgive.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Deleted
    How you guys doing in fantasy?

I'm at 22 points so far, apparently average is 15, so guess it's kind of good. I even got -3 with Daniel Agger (Red card, ffs). I scored a lot of points with Dyer though(2 goals).

10+ Year Old Account
    How you guys doing in fantasy?

I'm at 22 points so far, apparently average is 15, so guess it's kind of good. I even got -3 with Daniel Agger (Red card, ffs). I scored a lot of points with Dyer though(2 goals).
    I have 14 so far got lucky with Lukaku but knew Ba would score

Deleted
    I have 14 so far got lucky with Lukaku but knew Ba would score
    Hehe nice. I can't see the standing in our MMO-Champion league, can you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe nice. I can't see the standing in our MMO-Champion league, can you?
    Nope not sure why

Deleted
    Nope not sure why
    Guess we have to wait till all matches has been played or something.

Do you have a lot of players who haven't played this week left? I only got 4 players left.

Deleted
    Only downside to Liverpool losing today was that Agger will be banned for the City game next week :<

Just looking at Liverpool's fixtures though they have City, Arsenal and United in 3 of their next 4 games. This could be a tough start for Rogers.
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2012-08-18 at 08:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess we have to wait till all matches has been played or something.

Do you have a lot of players who haven't played this week left? I only got 4 players left.
    I have 7 left to play but i gambled with Cleverley

Deleted
    I have 7 left to play but i gambled with Cleverley
    I have De Gea in the goal and Aguero as striker, I think they'll bring home some nice points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fantasy League wouldn't let me fill my squad with Toon players
    Oh well, still got a pretty decent squad ( you know it's good when Balotelli is on your bench.)

10+ Year Old Account
    First main round - German Cup - Day 1 Results.

Two big upsets for Bundesliga teams against 3rd division (Fuerth) and 4th Division teams (Hoffenheim) are done already.
    The German Cup regulations granting teams below the 2nd Bundesliga home rights automatically.
    The first main round has a total of 64 teams. Those are all teams from the 2 top pro leagues, and the remaining teams are determined through qualifying games from all other registered clubs of all other leagues organized within the DFB.

Offenbach - Fürth 2:0 (1:0)
    Schönberg - Wolfsburg 0:5 (0:3)
    Heidenheim - Bochum 0:2 (0:2)
    Oberneuland - Dortmund 0:3 (0:2)
    Jena - Leverkusen 0:4 (0:2)
    Aachen - M'gladbach 0:2 (0:0)
    Unterhaching - Köln 1:2 (0:2)
    Hallescher FC - Duisburg 0:1 (0:1)
    Vict. Hamburg - Freiburg 1:2 (1:1)
    Berliner AK - Hoffenheim 4:0 (3:0)
    SV Falkensee - Stuttgart 0:5 (0:2)
    Offenburg - St. Pauli 0:3 (0:1)

10+ Year Old Account
    I have De Gea in the goal and Aguero as striker, I think they'll bring home some nice points.
    I have Yaya, Terry, Baines, Cleverly, Kagawa and Kompany with Howard in goal left, Howard prob will be my down fall