Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Norn's shapeshifting into animal forms

Guys i heard a year ago about racial which allows Norn to permanently transform into Snow Leopard, Bear or Raven. But i can't find any information about this. Anyone can link a pic or video of it? Except the old one which was uploaded on youtube 2 years ago. Thank you!

Not a picture or video, but here are the skills: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List..._racial_skills

Not permanent shifts though, just 30 second shifts.

Deleted
    so Ugly -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post
    so Ugly -_-
    Yeah, they aren't the best-looking forms around, but, it is what it is. I think they were going for a very bestial half-norn/half-animal look and it came out looking quite beastly.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

well its beta. hopefully they tweaked and changed it.

---------- Post added 2012-08-19 at 12:24 AM ----------

just slightly offtoppic, what are your choice of blessed spirit of the Norn?

mines is Bear.

Deleted
    Wolf

/10charr

10+ Year Old Account
    raven /10 char

Those actually, based on the video quality etc etc etc, look quite good. Brutal and animalistic. No Twilight half-assing there at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    Those actually, based on the video quality etc etc etc, look quite good. Brutal and animalistic. No Twilight half-assing there at least.
    Indeed, but I think the raven is butchered.
    I like what they did with the other 3.
    And I am quite torn between them, but I think wolf is king.
    I mostly like snow leopard and bear, but I think the wolf is a great in-between choise.
    Agile and Strong! But the thing is, it has life steal, which is an interesting mechanic and I would like to explore it further

I'm sad that they're only 30 seconds. I haven't seen damage data on them, and racials are very specifically underpowered vs elite skills (and you can't use them in sPVP), so I'm sad that it's not a perma-transform-until-cancelled. Honestly, it was probably the prime reason I was interested in playing a Norn, now not so much.
    -Styopa

Deleted
    Fear birdman.

Fear him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    Fear birdman.

Fear him.
    But not on a rainy day.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Gryffindor

/10char

Did I do it right?

Quote Originally Posted by styopa View Post
    I'm sad that they're only 30 seconds. I haven't seen damage data on them, and racials are very specifically underpowered vs elite skills (and you can't use them in sPVP), so I'm sad that it's not a perma-transform-until-cancelled. Honestly, it was probably the prime reason I was interested in playing a Norn, now not so much.
    They may not be as powerful as normal elites, but they can be very useful because they can give you access to abilities that are very different from what the rest of your class can do.

interesting the snow leopard is worth 30 skill points while the others are only worth 10. wonder why that is..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    interesting the snow leopard is worth 30 skill points while the others are only worth 10. wonder why that is..
    I'd say it's a little more dangerous. It has access to stealth and distance-closing skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa the bear looks almost like a werewolf! Looks awesome though! Norn will be one of my first

Quote Originally Posted by Willias View Post
    They may not be as powerful as normal elites, but they can be very useful because they can give you access to abilities that are very different from what the rest of your class can do.
    I don't really think so:
    Bear: single target dmg, knockback, multiattack, party buff might, and charge
    Raven: damage/damage+cripple, blast, charge, aoe daze, multiattack+bleed
    Wolf: dmg+2bleed/dmg+4bleed, lifesteal, aoe fear, aoe fury+regen, charge
    Leopard: dmg, aoe weaken, charge+cripple, sprint?, stealth

Unless the damages are significantly more than their class counterparts, no, I don't see that this gives you any sort of surprising mix of skills that you couldn't get with other weapons, plus note that shapechanged I expect you lose the ability to weapon swap.

Now, this is from the wiki which is fairly uninformative. If, for example, Bear also gives you +20% hp and or an armor buff, that might bring it up to 'elite' skill caliber. Raven is a fairly mundane cc spec, Wolf decent dps, and the Leopard is mainly valuable for the stealth (3s?) on only a 5s cooldown. But then again you only get 30 seconds to use them.

So no, I don't see the norn beastform weapon sets (without the numbers) as anything nearly as useful as Reaper of Grenth or even the Charzooka.
    -Styopa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styopa View Post
    I don't really think so:
    Bear: single target dmg, knockback, multiattack, party buff might, and charge
    Raven: damage/damage+cripple, blast, charge, aoe daze, multiattack+bleed
    Wolf: dmg+2bleed/dmg+4bleed, lifesteal, aoe fear, aoe fury+regen, charge
    Leopard: dmg, aoe weaken, charge+cripple, sprint?, stealth

Unless the damages are significantly more than their class counterparts, no, I don't see that this gives you any sort of surprising mix of skills that you couldn't get with other weapons, plus note that shapechanged I expect you lose the ability to weapon swap.

Now, this is from the wiki which is fairly uninformative. If, for example, Bear also gives you +20% hp and or an armor buff, that might bring it up to 'elite' skill caliber. Raven is a fairly mundane cc spec, Wolf decent dps, and the Leopard is mainly valuable for the stealth (3s?) on only a 5s cooldown. But then again you only get 30 seconds to use them.

So no, I don't see the norn beastform weapon sets (without the numbers) as anything nearly as useful as Reaper of Grenth or even the Charzooka.
    racials are meant to be weaker than non racials
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass