Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Looking for some input on what I can edit since I'm rerolling from healer (hence the gap between the unit frames) to dps in for MoP and was wondering if people got some input.
    The very first thing I noticed was the ridiculous placement and lay-out of the Aspect bar.

Anyway, what the UI really needs are panels (and borders) to give it some structure.

You could also greatly improve the colour scheme, so that the different elements match each other.

And you're using multiple fonts. Having a different font for your chatbox from the rest of the UI is alright, but more than two fonts across the entire UI makes it look inconsistent. Also, if one font is outlined in one place, it should probably be outlined everywhere.
    Last edited by Cowt; 2012-08-19 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharrax View Post
    Just been updating my UI:

What do you guys think?

Need to get combat screenshots still. I only have older ones at the minute.

Edit:
    Here is a 5 Man Healer Pov screenshot: ( I made the chat box slightly smaller on this image below)

Nice work, I really like it. Seems pretty simple and sleek.

Well done ^^

~95% finished with a 5.0 interface. I have a few minor things to get sorted, but should be graphically finished A - sans threathmeter, which is giving me heartburn irl.

OOC:

5-man/Scenario:

Not the best shots/not finished, but nearly there.

Quote Originally Posted by Quse View Post
    ~95% finished with a 5.0 interface. I have a few minor things to get sorted, but should be graphically finished A - sans threathmeter, which is giving me heartburn irl.
    As much as it is a unique touch; the non-square icons look more distorted than I'd be comfortable with.

The (what I assume is) Combat Log text in the centre of the screen works brilliantly with the Cast bar.

I would personally add a 2-4 pixel high panel all along the top and bottom of the screen to impose more structure.

.. sans threathmeter, which is giving me heartburn irl.
    If you're only looking to monitor your own threat on the target, you could add a bar along the top of your Target frame in the same hight as your Chi panels are, and use something like Simple Threat Meter without any text enabled. It'd be minimalistic, and even increases symmetry.
    Last edited by Cowt; 2012-08-19 at 07:38 AM.

I managed to get the aggro on nameplates working, i don't need a threatmeter anymore. I'm going to get rid of it.

The UI is cool, just a couple of tips:
    - as Cowt said, non-square icons are cool, but deformed textures are not. You should try to set the textures right for a better look.
    - combat text needs to be less obstructive, reduce the text size (the one of cooldowns is right)
    - transparent unitframes is something i tried to use, but in the end they tend sometimes to be confused with the enviroment; if you want to use them, set a less transparent backdrop (.5 alpha is good) so the unitframes are more visible.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Eh, I know the icons are stretched but I've actually grown to like them better that way.

Making the icons un-stretched would require a button texture (similar to the minimap masque) that cuts out the top/bottom of the icon and would remove significant portions of the icon - which would mean you'd choose between a stretched icon or an icon with the top and bottom ~20% removed. (there is a strong chance I will become 100% over that icon set up in a few months, though =|||||| )

I've thought about a panel before (and used to have one that was under the hotbars) but I decided it didn't really fit well and didn't match with anything since going the transparent UF route (previous versions of my UI on WoWI have the panel). Not to mention, this will be an all resolution release, and I don't have any experience setting up a (essentially) screen-wide panel - nor do I care that much for them.

I'll most likely get rid of the xCT panel in the middle of my screen (no need to see that I procc'd something I could care less about, I'll add it to sFilter if it matters). the text above my player frame is essentially a combat log/Eavesdrop/Cascade replacement since I found myself using it less and less and less.... and less.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    If you're only looking to monitor your own threat on the target, you could add a bar along the top of your Target frame in the same hight as your Chi panels are, and use something like Simple Threat Meter without any text enabled. It'd be minimalistic, and even increases symmetry.
    That's actually a fantastic idea and one I was considering but I never really found anything that stated it was an MoP release so didn't bother. I've been trying to get sThreatmeter to work (and so far only can get it working in a raid - not a party) without results. Needless to say, I don't play anything that gives a shit about threat, so the nameplate threat highlighting will have to do until I can get something else in the works.

Appreciate the feedback!

I overlooked two inquiries several pages back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    How did you take such a high res screen shot! And what font are you using for MSBT?
    Print Screen, and .png rather than .jpg for higher quality. Also, not all image hosting sites support high resolution. As much as I hate Imageshack for loading stupidly slow, I use their site when I do want full resolution for something large.

The font is hooge 05_55 Cyr2. (Which is the same across nearly the entire UI).

Quote Originally Posted by ScrubKitty View Post
    Love this, you should upload it! What are your main addons there?
    I don't upload my UIs because it's a giant hassle on my end. Sorry!

The Player and Target frames are designed through Stuf.

Panels are KgPanels. SLDT for status texts.

MSBT for combat text.

Satrina Buff Frames for nearly everything buff-related.

And Grid for Party/Raid frames.

Deleted
    Ok after a few trys, move away this code form the update_elements.lua

1if self.timeLeft > 0 then
    2 local time = UF:FormatTime(self.timeLeft)
    3 if self.reverse then time = UF:FormatTime(abs(self.timeLeft - self.duration), true) end
    4 self.text:SetText(time)
    5 if self.timeLeft <= 5 then
    6 self.text:SetTextColor(0.99, 0.31, 0.31)
    7 else
    8 self.text:SetTextColor(1, 1, 1)
    9 end
    10 else
    11 self.text:Hide()
    12 self:SetScript("OnUpdate", nil)
    13 end
    sims to work correctly, gonna try this in battleground but the timer is gone and for the moment no bugs.

after gonna wait to come back from holidays, working on 1440 resolution, when home its 2560 it changes everything xD
    Last edited by mmoc77f6dedc8e; 2012-08-19 at 09:44 AM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tweaking just a little more, I got rid of 1 action bar and the buffs on the top are smaller and the map itself is smaller. Changes are makred on screenshot besides the smaller map change.

http://i.imgur.com/5mmV5.jpg

And raid once again tiny tiny changes: http://i.imgur.com/Uvuud.jpg

Any suggestions what I still could do? I think I have everything good (for me anyway) so far)
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-08-19 at 05:37 PM.

Just been updating my UI:

What do you guys think?

Need to get combat screenshots still. I only have older ones at the minute.

Edit:
    Here is a 5 Man Healer Pov screenshot: ( I made the chat box slightly smaller on this image below)

Really good looking one mate, think you could upload it for us to test it, would love to test it on my rogue.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by soliddevil View Post
    Really good looking one mate, think you could upload it for us to test it, would love to test it on my rogue.

Thanks in advance
    He uploaded it already on wowinterface, called Mayron UI Gen 2. I can't post a link yet.

owinterface.com/downloads/info21221-MayronUIGen2.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pyroneus View Post
    Never seen Vuhdo look like that, I'll have a play with it, cheers
    That's just default vuhdo skin. If you go to Options-Tools-Profiles, and check, there's vuhdo and bit'o'grid profile. If you load the default vuhdo one (which it should do automatically) that's what it'll look like.

Same as everyone said: Stretched buttons. Except of that you still have a texture bug in your nameplate castbar, or what is that icon on your last screenshot?
    I would line up the boss frame with your buffs.

God I hate my english, hopefully you understand what I mean. All in all, I love your UI (except, you know, pixel fonts )
    oh, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Direction View Post

Not sure why but the boss frame on the right gets stretched.
    What GFX Card are you using?

OOC:

5-man/Scenario:

Not the best shots/not finished, but nearly there.
    Really like this! I have to agree with other people, not a fan of the rectangular icons, but I have to say that I do like the rectangular mini map.
    Your UI uses the same font as my UI, and I used the font for chat also. I would like your UI even more if you had the same font in the chat box as you did everywhere else, with a monochrome outline.
    I have no even started thinking about making my UI ready for MoP, so if you're releasing this as a package I may have found what I'm looking for (with a bit of editing for personal taste)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soliddevil View Post

Thanks in advance
    Sure its already uploaded, check out my Signature below

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Wanek View Post
    He uploaded it already on wowinterface, called Mayron UI Gen 2. I can't post a link yet.

owinterface.com/downloads/info21221-MayronUIGen2.html
    What he said.
    Last edited by mmoc2c0e080e79; 2012-08-19 at 09:40 PM.

Sure its already uploaded, check out my Signature below
    Awsome cake, thanks alot mate!

Boss timers under 10 seconds are between my 2 unit frames on top of that pet frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post

Boss timers under 10 seconds are between my 2 unit frames on top of that pet frame.
    Why do people just link ElvUI/TukUI? All I see different is the combat text.