Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    Why do people just link ElvUI/TukUI? All I see different is the combat text.
    Because its "post your UI" thread, and that is what he's doing, chill.

My mages UI:
    Last edited by mmoc0f83dc0846; 2012-08-20 at 07:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    The very first thing I noticed was the ridiculous placement and lay-out of the Aspect bar.

Anyway, what the UI really needs are panels (and borders) to give it some structure.

You could also greatly improve the colour scheme, so that the different elements match each other.

And you're using multiple fonts. Having a different font for your chatbox from the rest of the UI is alright, but more than two fonts across the entire UI makes it look inconsistent. Also, if one font is outlined in one place, it should probably be outlined everywhere.
    Not really sure how you meant me to fix the color scheme.
    Will go through all my addons to fix the font issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taumma View Post
    I like it, do you have any more weakauras(?) on the left side of ECD? Otherwise I'd move them more to the middle. And what addon are you using to display enemy CDs on your nameplates, is that Icicle?
    Yeah I do have 2 other power auras next to it so they cover the entire focus bar.
    And yes, it is Icicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Not really sure how you meant me to fix the color scheme.
    Some elements, like the Cast bar, have a black border. While other elements, like (what I assume is) the CD tracker below your Player frame, have a white border.

Some elements have no border at all, like the Player frame.

The ability icons in the centre have a border, while your buffs do not. (I can't tell if your Action bars do, as they're transparent).

I can't for the life of me figure out what the green bar in the middle is. But whatever it is, it is breaking the grey-ish colour-scheme you have going on.

Names on your Raid frames are in class colour, but names on your Player/Pet/Target/ToT frames are white.

This isn't everything, but the design of the UI isn't consistent, and that's what I suggested you fix.
    Last edited by Cowt; 2012-08-20 at 01:06 PM.

Deleted
    http://i.minus.com/iovPtSvGcwxYY.png
    Eh, my latest attempt - probably total s--t to some but... I just can't figure out a good layout for those specific data texts (helps that I can click them to open their respective panels since I don't have them binded, like durability opens the character panel etc.)
    Not showing all unitframes since I'm still thinking of a good layout for them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagryth View Post
    Have you considered adding a space between the Health and Mana bar, for more consistency with the UI?

Also, the space between the panel below the Minimap and its orange handle is greater, than that of the other two bottom panels. (As is the distance to the Minimap).

Full version

ElvUI inspired by SenitUI. I would use Senit's amazing ui (and I downloaded for support) but I've been using ElvUI since it was first posted on Tuk and have grown attached to it.

To Do:
    Clean up redundant showing of buffs and debuffs
    Alignment :S
    Last edited by Prag; 2012-08-20 at 02:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manarak View Post
    Because its "post your UI" thread, and that is what he's doing, chill.
    Well it's not his UI, it's Elv's or Tuk's UI.

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 09:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    [IMG]
    ElvUI inspired by SenitUI. I would use Senit's amazing ui (and I downloaded for support) but I've been using ElvUI since it was first posted on Tuk and have grown attached to it.
    D'aww thanks <3
    If you've been following me on MMO-Champion or wowinterface, you know I'll have a major update out soon, maybe I can convert you back!
    Senit UI -- outdated. Update... soon... maybe...

Are we really going to have this debate again :\

Let's not argue about the possession of pixels and code.

Tuk and Elv created the Ui, the poster modified their creation (if only a little).

Leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    The fonts in your tooltip etc, are they sharp ingame? Is it just the screenshot?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    Are we really going to have this debate again :\

Let's not argue about the possession of pixels and code.

Tuk and Elv created the Ui, the poster modified their creation (if only a little).

Leave it at that.
    True.
    oh, honey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    Have you considered adding a space between the Health and Mana bar, for more consistency with the UI?

Also, the space between the panel below the Minimap and its orange handle is greater, than that of the other two bottom panels. (As is the distance to the Minimap).
    Yeah, I noticed the space issue after I posted the pic.
    I've considered adding that space but that'd break my current way of doing borders in stuf; I'll look into an alternative way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    The fonts in your tooltip etc, are they sharp ingame? Is it just the screenshot?

True.
    Yeah, just low quality screenshots I think.

Deleted

Think I made all the fonts get a outline and I added a border to what I could. Switched some stuff around as well.

10+ Year Old Account

Think I made all the fonts get a outline and I added a border to what I could. Switched some stuff around as well.
    you going to make this available for download? very nice job!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyq View Post
    you going to make this available for download? very nice job!
    No, not really. To much hassle that I really can't be arsed going through. Sorry =/

I would probably change your cast bars to hundredths of a second instead of thousandth, as that accurate is pretty much unnecessary.

Don't quite understand the asterisks on the scrolling combat text, is that showing what damage you are dishing out? You could also filter out full overheals and heals under a certain number, helps take care of some spam. I filter out heals under 3k.

Something seems to be overlapping the Consuming Shroud at the top of the screen.

Your buffs on the top right could be a bit smaller, they seem a bit large.

Minimap buttons.

Stretch the width of your chatbox to match your raid frames.

Are you using Skada? I would like to know how you made everything the same color and with the class icons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taumma View Post

Very much a WIP, a lot of inspiration taken from Joyful and some from Touchymcfeel as well.
    I like this simplistic functional look. Its not messy, its not minimalistic, its just like ahh, nice.

Good job, I approve.

When a wild forum troll appears

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    I would probably change your cast bars to hundredths of a second instead of thousandth, as that accurate is pretty much unnecessary.
    Yes, something I added before when I was working with quartz, never something I found annoying or to much information from.
    Don't quite understand the asterisks on the scrolling combat text, is that showing what damage you are dishing out? You could also filter out full overheals and heals under a certain number, helps take care of some spam. I filter out heals under 3k.
    Right is the damage/healing/dispelling/interrupted I do, left is what happened to me. Probably increasing the spam filter for mop, got it at 1.5k I think.
    Something seems to be overlapping the Consuming Shroud at the top of the screen.
    Its cast bar from tidyplates, the nameplates addon.
    Your buffs on the top right could be a bit smaller, they seem a bit large.
    I'm assuming you mean left, I find they to be big enough to find stuff in combat but small enough to not be too much.
    Minimap buttons.
    There's the one that I use because of WiM.
    Stretch the width of your chatbox to match your raid frames.
    Yes, that is something I keep forgetting to change when I log in
    Are you using Skada? I would like to know how you made everything the same color and with the class icons.
    I set a color for the bars and then there's a new feature in the latest updated for skada that have the option to show class icons.

There's the one that I use because of WiM.
    You can put it on the top right side inside your minimap so it fits to the other mm buttons and don't look out of place.
    oh, honey.

So, I guess I forgot what normal icons looked like =| Went back to regular, non-stretched icons and I'm just as ok with the stretched/rectangular look I had gotten used to.

Darkened the transparent frame by a bit; tried 0.5 and really, really hated it.

I still have to tweak the threat bar, but I decided to veer away from the sThreatmeter/Omen-esque list and go with a simple bar. The bar color makes it stand out less than I want it to, but it mirrors the player resource bar and, in my opinion, looks pretty sharp! But as much as I like it in between the buffs/debuffs on the target frame, I'll more than likely drop it below the frame to make it more obvious - only qualms I have regarding that placement, is a) doesn't mirror/match anything on the player frame, and b) might look weird. But I think it's a little too *not* noticeable under the buffs/debuffs - regardless of the threat bar color.

Only shot I have from tonight with the threat bar (Tribes called my name instead):

@Lyn
    Yeah I understood what you meant - fixed the boss frames. The button you saw in that last ss is the extra action button, which doesn't seem to be skinned properly. Not sure why, I'll try to figure out if it's something I did or something in rActionButtonStyler (probably my fault).
    Last edited by Quse; 2012-08-21 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quse View Post

Only shot I have from tonight with the threat bar (Tribes called my name instead):

Where is the threat bar? i cannot find it :*(
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.