Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Which Servers Are All The Major PVPers Going To?

I've been around for a few MMO launches and the major PvPers always pick out a server early and it always ends up being a crazy server full of PVP fun and ridiculousness.

Unfortunately for this game, I'm having trouble finding the info of which server(s) this will be.

Considering WvW will be epic in it's own right, I'd like to know which servers the heavy PVPers plan to be on.

Thanks for the help!

US or EU?

Don't have a clue about EU, but on US last I saw there were a good number of WvW-focused (only thing that matters in this case, sPvP is worldwide) guilds planning to roll on Fort Aspenwood, Sorrow's Furance, Jade Quarry, and Sea of Sorrows. Pretty sure all 4 will be high pop servers as well.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-08-20 at 07:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    US or EU?

Don't have a clue about EU, but on US last I saw there were a good number of WvW-focused (only thing that matters in this case, sPvP is worldwide) guilds planning to roll on Fort Aspenwood, Sorrow's Furance, Jade Quarry, and Sea of Sorrows.
    Sorry I should have specified US.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.gw2guilds.org/

This is about as close a guide as you're going to get atm. Note that there are tons of guilds that have not declared servers yet. My guild is going to have a huge presence (170+ and counting) in WvW and we haven't even listed on that site yet.

There are some very large Alliances - basically guilds that are grouping together, from what I've heard so far, right now it looks like Titan and Ascension have huge pvp playerbase, but there's certainly more than that
    Last edited by Karizee; 2012-08-20 at 07:40 PM.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    What major PvP players are you on about ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, you might check out Arena Junkies, they are moving into GW2.
    Valar morghulis

If you go to the link posted above by Karizee, you can scan the guilds that have currently listed themselves by server. On just about every server there is at least one guild dedicating itself to WvW. They even give you a color code for casual, semi-hardcore and hardcore. Just take your pick. sPvP wont matter, find some people you mesh well with, play with them, it's not server based.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedragonwolf View Post
    If you go to the link posted above by Karizee, you can scan the guilds that have currently listed themselves by server. On just about every server there is at least one guild dedicating itself to WvW. They even give you a color code for casual, semi-hardcore and hardcore. Just take your pick. sPvP wont matter, find some people you mesh well with, play with them, it's not server based.
    That's what that color coding is! lol, I never could figure it out.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm calling it now baby...Jade Quarry, which is where my guild is going, is gonna be an extremely dominate force in WvWvW. Watch!

Deleted
    Not sure, when i play an mmo, and i think most people too... they tend to click on the first server in the list? if thats pve its usually the first pvp server in the list

Quote Originally Posted by ClimacticGaming View Post
    I'm calling it now baby...Jade Quarry, which is where my guild is going, is gonna be an extremely dominate force in WvWvW. Watch!
    I think we are planning on going to JQ but we are also going to be prepared to move while it is still free. I have a feeling there will be a lot of bandwagon WvW'ers who go there just to be on a high-population, WvW-heavy server to ride some coat tails. I'm nervous about queues.

I'd much rather play right away and lose over waiting to win.

Boon and Liquid going Whiteside Ridge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stay away from sea of sorrows if you are american >:|. Sick of buttloads of americans always crashing out servers and, flooding and ruining our communities for the first few weeks. I'm glad from the looks of the serverlist, we're not the optimum server like we were in TOR, which just ruined it with crazy ques.
    Last edited by Riavan; 2012-08-20 at 09:40 PM.

according to this poll - http://www.asuralabs.com/serverPoll.php and as many have suggested jade quarry looks an healthy pvp server
    Last edited by guser; 2012-08-20 at 09:39 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    Not sure, when i play an mmo, and i think most people too... they tend to click on the first server in the list? if thats pve its usually the first pvp server in the list
    I personally go with a catchy name, or one with friends on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    I think we are planning on going to JQ but we are also going to be prepared to move while it is still free. I have a feeling there will be a lot of bandwagon WvW'ers who go there just to be on a high-population, WvW-heavy server to ride some coat tails. I'm nervous about queues.

I'd much rather play right away and lose over waiting to win.
    I anticipate some of this as well. Sadly, doing so will lock you out of WvW, most especially the benefits gained from doing so, for some time. And, as far as the first week goes, I see people transferring all over; and since, as far as I know, server re-balancing will be on a faster schedule, I see some people complaining that they transferred servers, and after the re-balance, they are no longer in first! And, did I read somewhere that transferring will have a cooldown? I thought I heard 1 week, but that seems somewhat long to me since there's no guesting up and running at release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Norn View Post
    I personally go with a catchy name, or one with friends on it.
    Guess i used to do that too when i first started WoW, the server was new and one of the worst with progress in the world or EU dont remember correctly
    but it was on number 3 then!

i mainly just notice the first 3 servers being really full, then it comes down to avg and low.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedragonwolf View Post
    I anticipate some of this as well. Sadly, doing so will lock you out of WvW, most especially the benefits gained from doing so, for some time. And, as far as the first week goes, I see people transferring all over; and since, as far as I know, server re-balancing will be on a faster schedule, I see some people complaining that they transferred servers, and after the re-balance, they are no longer in first! And, did I read somewhere that transferring will have a cooldown? I thought I heard 1 week, but that seems somewhat long to me since there's no guesting up and running at release.
    I hope it evens out eventually (or quickly) and that the numbers I have been seeing from sample polls are just quirky data. The lockout is unfortunate, but maybe worth it if it means that after it ends I no longer have to queue for an hour or more just to play in WvW maps (especially since I will probably almost always be queuing with 5+ friends).

It is especially sad because I am a Jade Quarry hipster ... played on it since BWE1, before it was "cool"

JADE QUARRY in the house

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    I hope it evens out eventually (or quickly) and that the numbers I have been seeing from sample polls are just quirky data. The lockout is unfortunate, but maybe worth it if it means that after it ends I no longer have to queue for an hour or more just to play in WvW maps (especially since I will probably almost always be queuing with 5+ friends).

It is especially sad because I am a Jade Quarry hipster ... played on it since BWE1, before it was "cool"
    Mainly, I figure a lot of people will just stick with their original server choice (playing with friends and guilds and all that). I also see others transferring over to the server that is currently beating them in WvW. Which is not the best of options. One, I'm hoping they do lock you out from actually joining the WvW for a short time when doing so (might or might not be the case, don't actually know). And besides the fact that you wont get the bonuses from transferring over, there's no guarantee that the next servers you face wont steam roll you, after all, it's not a random matchup, it's all based on how well your server has performed in the past. And if you're locked out of transferring again for some short time... well, yeah. Not to mention that since it's all about being rematched again and again against different servers, if you overpopulate one realm to try and ride the coattails of one server, you might just lock out the people who are winning it for you. If the large WvW guild on your server, with all the siege equipment and communication and organization, can't get in due to queues, and you end up losing ground, what good was it transferring to the server in the first place?

Essentially, in the end, I'm hoping that the free transfers don't last more than a week or two and that we get guesting up and running quickly. Then, your server is your server unless you pay.
    Last edited by Bluedragonwolf; 2012-08-20 at 10:15 PM.