Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Is there anything to do after max lvl?

Hi,
    I'm new to Guild Wars and i'm thinking of buying the game today,but first i want to ask can i do anything after i reach max lvl.Like PvP for better armors and weapons or PvE with my friends?Or when i get to max lvl i just put down the game and forget it.

Deleted
    In structured pvp there is no gear grind for stats at all, you make a character and have access to all skills and can get armor and weapons with max level stats for free. In pve/wvw there is a little gear progression at level 80, but not to the same as extent as other mmo's have this. Most of the time investment/grind will come from getting better looking stuff, instead of getting more power. There will be lots of stuff to do though, just don't expect a gear treadmill.

OP: I suggest you watch this video for some info about the endgame -

Last edited by Harnace; 2012-08-21 at 11:24 AM.

Deleted
    It is pretty much what Arenanet said, you will be doing the same thing at max level as you did when you were leveling. Not to mention there's more to do than the traditional pvp, pve or crafting, there are mini games and loads of jumping puzzles.
    Personaly I want to do the jumping puzzles the most, the second part of the one in the sylvari starting area kicked my ass in the last beta.

Deleted
    About the PvE prospective , u should ask us in 1 month again (we arent 100% sure either)
    As for PvP side , Elekial explained it
    U can play 30 minigames or jumping puzzle or WvWvW (600v600v600 ppl castle siege fights) with ur friends

Deleted
    Will this WvWvW battles get me something like honor or anything else?
    Last edited by mmoc7dd536f359; 2012-08-21 at 11:36 AM.

Deleted
    You can get Badges of Honor, which I think can be traded for high level armor and weapons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dipit View Post
    Will this WvWvW battles get me something like honor or anything else?
    (just to recap , cause ur new to the GW2)
    In most games can choose a PvP-PvE-Roleplay server
    In GW2 there arent those types of servers > u cant kill any1
    There comes WvWvW , where u can get Exp + LvL up + have fun 24/7, without touching the <<normal>> servers or doing any quest . Just a massive World PvP area

And i didnt know about the badges that Elekial linked :P
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-08-21 at 11:53 AM.

dipit, in this game max level isn't synonymous with end game. You can get to 80 without leaving the starter zone if that's your thing, or you can reach 80 mid-way. Either way, end game really is just doing what you like to do, be it Dungeons, Regular/Elite Events, Crafting, Exploration, Puzzles, Casual/Competitive PvP, Casual/Strategic WvW, Personal Storyline etc. This is why you'll hear people saying there's no end-game, simply because the activities that you can only do in a meaningful way after you reach end-game in some games, you can start doing at level 1 in GW2.
    Last edited by DrunkenBeard; 2012-08-21 at 12:28 PM.

Hi,
    I'm new to Guild Wars and i'm thinking of buying the game today,but first i want to ask can i do anything after i reach max lvl.Like PvP for better armors and weapons or PvE with my friends?Or when i get to max lvl i just put down the game and forget it.
    I'd say the answer to me regarding what to do at max level is to pvp with my friends and have fun =].

Aesthetically pleasing armor for some achievement would be cool, but honestly since its f2p I just want to login and be competitive at pvp- that's literally all I'll need to be a satisfied customer

To answer your question, I haven't played beta, but it seems like this game is more about the enjoyment of the PVP gameplay and less about achieving superior stat gear or investing lots of time to obtain such things. I could be wrong though.
    Last edited by Shlamorel; 2012-08-21 at 12:44 PM.

Thanks aluano, informative video!
    85: Paladin | Druid | Shaman | Warlock | Death Knight | Mage | Hunter | Rogue | Warrior | Priest

There is fun to be had.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elekial View Post
    You can get Badges of Honor, which I think can be traded for high level armor and weapons.
    By "High Level" he means unique end game skins, because once you get end game weapons/armor there is really nothing better, only different looking. This includes Legendary Weapons and Elite Armor

You could grind for materials and parts to get legendary weapons - yep you as a solo person could do it, don't need entire guild to help you or anything. But stat wise stuff remains same
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

10+ Year Old Account
    There are dungeons and areas to do at level 80. You can also work on getting legendary weapons and different armors. Armour does have different quality, so once you've gotten the best quality gear- you reach a plateau. You won't get any more powerful- the upgrades and rewards from then are more cosmetic. (Or gear has different stat weights- you may want different gear for different builds). This doesn't mean you won't get rewarded for doing things- it means being rewarded won't make you more powerful. It's sort of like winning a gold medal at the Olympics....status symbol that in no way makes it easier to win again. "Endgame" does exist- but it is largely the same type of content- DE's, dungeons etc.... What they mean by "endgame starts at level 1" is that Anet wants ppl to have fun and do those awesome endgame type things from the time you start- and for that content to remain relevant as well. (hence downleveling). It does not mean that there isn't level 80 content for you to do.

Hi,
    Well, you could try beating all the explorable mode dungeons

Anyway, where does that 'what to do after max level' mentality comes from? There are TONS of things to do: zones and events you haven't seen yet, bosses you haven't defeated yet, legendary items, dungeons, PVP.

You can put down the game and forget about it when its not fun anymore. And this is something which should become clear to you after playing the first 10 levels. GW2 gameplay experience does not change dramatically over your levelling progression — the way you play your the game at level 1 is the same you play it at level 80 - only at level 80 you have access to much more content. Anyway, epic raid-like open world bosses can be found even in the starting zones.

You do the same things at level 80 that you did at levels 20, 30, 50, et cetera.

None of the Guild Wars games are bimodal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    None of the Guild Wars games are bimodal.
    Do you mean a bimodal population ? Or a bimodal distribution of perceived interest on available activities ? I hear you using this term a lot, but the meaning is always vague. I have never seen it used in the context of games, unless the subject was population distribution, but then you have to be more specific : bimodal against which criteria exactly ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    Do you mean a bimodal population ? Or a bimodal distribution of perceived interest on available activities ? I hear you using this term a lot, but the meaning is always vague. I have never seen it used in the context of games, unless the subject was population distribution, but then you have to be more specific : bimodal against which criteria exactly ?
    i always took fencers use of the word "bimodal" to means two main modes of play; ie levelling and traditional endgame content.

Deleted
    Or when i get to max lvl i just put down the game and forget it.
    You just play to max lvl and quit. This deserves no other answer. :P