Hi, how big is the diference between using 2h and dual wielding?

Quote Originally Posted by landy View Post
    Hi, how big is the diference between using 2h and dual wielding?
    DPS/TPS-wise there's barely any difference. With DW you can have two enchants though. Also, my gut feeling is that EB stacks are proccing more consistently while dual wielding.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not just you chris :P everyone I know in beta has said the same thing, you get more stacks per crit with 2h, but you get a more consistant flow of stacks with DW.

and when it comes to tanking, cosistancy ftw.

edit: yay 3000th post
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2012-08-17 at 04:18 PM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    That's not just you chris :P everyone I know in beta has said the same thing, you get more stacks per crit with 2h, but you get a more consistant flow of stacks with DW.

and when it comes to tanking, cosistancy ftw.

edit: yay 3000th post
    Of course, since they have a duration of, what, 20ish seconds, and we're going to be using the ability every 9ish seconds, as long as the income of stats / min is pretty similar, it won't make too much of a difference. I'd reckon that the consistency will matter a bit more in the lower tiers, as base crit will be lower. As we get higher ilvl gear, the gap will close. Even then, it's not really an "ooh, amazing, it's soo much better" aspect.

It's not TOO much of a downgrade to go 2h. As a quick example, checking just raw stats on the heroic staff and two heroic hand weapons, we can see that the staff gives more agility, more stamina, and more mastery (which means for non-melee heavy fights, more stats to transmog, and that gives a good amount of flexibility to you), while the claws have more damage and more haste. Of course, Wowhead doesn't take into account the damage decrease of a weapon being in the offhand slot, so yeah, we can disregard that part for the most part. The enchants allow it to pull roughly even with 2h, since while dual wielding, you have a larger chance of proc overlap.

Really, it's more about what you prefer as a player, and what resources are available to you.

EDIT: And I forgot to mention the acquisition of these weapons. Dual wielding comes at the price of needing two weapons to drop, while 2h only requires one. As well, if you have one one handed weapon from the current tier, and one from the previous tier, then that's even less raw stats in comparison to 2h. You will also have more competition in the form of rogues and enhancement shaman, in comparison to just druids for 2h, since hunters will no longer be using melee weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pity we only have 30% armor compared to the plate tanks. I also think that shuffle should be at least 10 seconds.
    Maybe the black ox statue could also have some buffs or other goodies for the monk.
    Last edited by Apom; 2012-08-20 at 08:26 AM.

Deleted
    The other benefit of 2x1h is that I would imagine most Brewmasters will be running Windwalker as their offspecs, afaik 1 handers are still superior for dps spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Apom View Post
    Pity we only have 30% armor compared to the plate tanks. I also think that shuffle should be at least 10 seconds.
    Maybe the black ox statue could also have some buffs or other goodies for the monk.
    Why? Brewmasters are in pretty good shape atm, wishing for buffs just for the sake of it to make us OP is not really constructive :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apom View Post
    True our armor is low, but don't forget we have 25% DR from our Stance, then add in Stagger and I think our DR is about right. Also 6 seconds is fine for Shuffle, don'also iirc they changed it now so it has no upper cap, this means while Offtanking you can spam BoK and get ~1min of Shuffle, leaving you free to use all your Chi for PB, Guard etc.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

For gearing and professions are you waiting til 25 Sept?
    It is possible for the stat priority to change in the next 36 days or even after release.

Deleted
    I really wish I was rich enough to afford two sets of gear and gems for magic and melee fights, otherwise solid work on the guide OP, can't wait to see the professions update!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinksy View Post
    I really wish I was rich enough to afford two sets of gear and gems for magic and melee fights, otherwise solid work on the guide OP, can't wait to see the professions update!
    Thank you!

As for the professions, I mean really, you can look at guardian druids for what they want most, and it'll basically be the same thing. I like to preach that really, you should get what's most appealing to you, though there are some min-max benefits to certain specific professions (If I remember right, BS and JC are the best combo, since the bonus stats you get are from gems, and gems can provide any stat, not just primary stats).

Deleted
    I think BS will be king if it stays like beta, especially in the first tier. Secondary stat gems are giving 320 stats, primary gems are 160 with the exception of stamina giving 240. This means BS will give 640 secondary, 480 stam or 320 agi for brewmasters.
    And depending on gear and encounter 640 hit/exp/haste/crit/parry/dodge will be better than 320 agi (not by much but still).
    Also, considering you will want to get 7.5% hit/exp, two exp or hit gems will give so much flexibility with gear and enchants/reforging.

other professions dont gain benefits from the double stats on secondary gems.
    JC gives 320 agi or 480 stam
    Enchanting gives 320 agi or stam
    Engi gives ~480 agi (on use 2940 agi)
    LW gives 330 Agility or 750 stam
    inscr gives 320 agi
    skin/herb/mining gives ~480crit/haste/stam
    not sure about alch

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilance88 View Post
    Engi gives ~480 agi (on use 2940 agi)
    inscr gives 320 agi
    Wanted to clear up these two. Synapse Springs Mark 2 was nerfed by 1k last week.
    http://www.wowdb.com/spells/126731-synapse-springs
    I think Phase fingersmark 2 is still at 20520 dodge for 10 seconds.
    They'll probably nerf it to 3840 dodge for 10 seconds to bring it in line with BS with 2 yellow dodge gems.

Inscription is either 320 agi or 450 stam.
    Last edited by Hijiri; 2012-08-24 at 08:42 AM.

Deleted
    What do you think on this professions-race combo:

Mining + Inscription + Pandaren

With mining, if we have the case again where JC's exclusive gems do not improve, swapping to Blacksmithing (extra epic socketing) is easy enough.

Mining should be around 450 stam also right?
    Last edited by mmoc64d91a2d32; 2012-08-23 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vynka View Post
    What do you think on this professions-race combo:

Mining + Inscription + Pandaren

With mining, if we have the case again where JC's exclusive gems do not improve, swapping to Blacksmithing (extra epic socketing) is easy enough.

Mining should be around 450 stam also right?
    Mining at the beginning of the expansion wouldn't be bad if you wanted to fatten your wallet, but blacksmithing will be the best I'd imagine. If you replaced mining with blacksmithing, that's the exact combination that I'll be using.

If the bonus from eng on the dodge on use stays the same would it be a viable choice over say inscription maybe? Mostly wondering cause I like all the little quirks from eng.
    Last edited by qilan; 2012-08-24 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by qilan View Post
    If the bonus from eng on the dodge on use stays the same would it be a viable choice over say inscription maybe? Mostly wondering cause I like all the little quirks from eng.

If you mean the 20,520 over 10 seconds from phase fingers? Yes it's by far the best "avoidance" profession ability. This is comparable to 3,420 dodge on average.

Quote Originally Posted by qilan View Post
    Like Hijiri said, it'll be the best profession, period. That having been said, the likelihood of it staying that overpowered seems rather narrow, imo.

A question:

can you chain Avert Harm into Meditiation? So cast Avert Harm, then pop Meditation and soak up a ton of damage?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijiri View Post
    Brewmaster
    •Breath of Fire additional damage reduced by 67%.
    How are working in the second tier talents now? At the moment, I'm popping BoF if everything else is up and running and i have the time and chi. I've been ignoring the second tier stuff. Does this change now and/or am I doing it wrong?