Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah, Charr is the worst. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    I demmand my gangnam style, in honor of the bosstoss >:

wait... char is the most manly of all of them, it definately works with how they look, brave and strong, the hakka dance is quite hardcore, watch a rugby match with the all blacks dancing that thing and just get instascared.
    Last edited by barackopala; 2012-08-22 at 03:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post

wait... char is the most manly of all of them, it definately works with how they look, brave and strong, the hakka dance is quite hardcore, watch a rugby match with the all blacks dancing that thing and just get instascared.
    when the stress test went up and people first started realizing dances were in..

/map lit up with "anyone got gangnam style" talk hahaha!

ahhh 3 more days..

10+ Year Old Account
    The animations on those are amazing. I can't wait to see my gruff burly norn fiancee dance in the carlton though xD

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    I DOODLE!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of LMFAO, but that dance fits my character perfectly. My guardian's background story is that he wants to be an interpretive dancer, but he got rejected from the liberal arts school and had to join the Seraph to pay for his opium addiction. This dance is just the right amount of ridiculous I was hoping for.

I've been told that roleplaying with me is an odd experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I'm not a fan of LMFAO, but that dance fits my character perfectly. My guardian's background story is that he wants to be an interpretive dancer, but he got rejected from the liberal arts school and had to join the Seraph to pay for his opium addiction. This dance is just the right amount of ridiculous I was hoping for.

someone on the yt comments mentioned this and i dare anyone not to bust out laughing

re-watch that video and you see Great -> Awesome -> DERP

hahahahaha seriously, watch the video and tell me you're not laughing at that description

you see great dancing and awesome gw2 and then you see the Panda on the side just being derp!

haha!

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Probably as close as we're going to get......

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I'm proud to be an Asura (72-75 hours and counting, work normally fly's and the last week or so each day seems like an eternity). The Asura dance makes me think of Glitch from SYTYCD 9
    Last edited by zaphon; 2012-08-22 at 04:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like all the dances. I think the charr one is fitting, I can't really imagine a giant fierce cat warrior doing the macarena or something. Human is my favorite though, I love that dance.

I may be in the minority, but I actually enjoyed that both genders do the same dance. I just thought it was a nice touch. I can't really explain why.

Also, I really liked all the dances. The Charr one I was a bit iffy on, but it did make me giggle, so I'm sure I'll get used to it. Bravo again, Anet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post

Best damn RP bio I've ever read.

On another topic: Asura dance has clearly shown that they have some soul goin' on.

Ugh, I really dislike Sylvari dance, it looks ridiculously bad on the males.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Mo View Post
    Probably as close as we're going to get......

yeah that is one of the best ones I've seen so far!
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

The gangnam style video is amazing. I love how smooth both the game and the video editing are.

The sync'd dancing by the waterfall where they're facing away from each other blew me away.

The Human, Norn, and Asura dances are great! The Sylvari is really good but it doesn't really look good for the male imo Also the Charr one is awesome if you are going to battle but I don't see myself just dancing in town as a Charr. I hope the Charr one has a lot of sound with it too that would be sick.

Oh goodness, I watched all of the dances and the only one I find remotely acceptable is Asura (both genders) and Norn females, when Norn male doing the dance it's just way too weird, instead of strong willed hunter culture I get a closet gay vibe from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad Asura have a good dance after finally deciding what race to roll .
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

OK, so; having seen all the dances in much better quality than what was "leaked" before this, I have a few opinions.

First and foremost, I am somewhat saddened by the fact there is no separation between male and female dances. For some dances this is alright, for others, not so much. In a lot of dance styles, males and females do not dance the same, in others they do. For the most part. However, this may be lessened if we do, in fact, have a way to purchase dances as time goes on.

Norn: "The Carlton:" it's kinda funny in a odd way. But I feel that it will get old fast, and, having been someone who grew up watching the show when it was new, and seeing re-runs throughout the years; it just doesn't work for me. It may for others. I'll also say that this is one of the ones I would have preferred a seperation of the genders.

Charr: The Haka. I love watching this dance in real life and I probably always will. Now, I've watched a couple of today's videos of it in higher definition to try to spot some things. The animations are fantastic in the general body. I would, however, liked to have seen a couple other things. Namely, if it were possible, to get some eye changes, the differences between when you watch Maori squint and just wide eye stare at you can really make it feel so much more awesome. I wasn't seeing any eye movement in game. Of course, I'm not a developer, I don't even know if such a thing is possible. If it's not, disregard all that. The other thing I think would be cool, is to get some tongue action in the dance. But, again, not sure if possible, would still be cool. As for the rest, from what I've been able to tell, the in game sounds go really well with the dance. AND, I think the dance fits the Charr beautifully. I understand there is something about the Haka being a male only dance (or most forms of it); this isn't really something I know anything about so I'll refrain from any gender specifics here until I know for certain.

Sylvari: The biggest thing here, that I absolutely love, by the way; is the fingers. Watch the fingers. They hit proper form, and this is VERY important in this style of dance. The finger positions are very much akin to sign language in the dance, they have meanings. I know some of you have said that it looks weird on the male. To me it doesn't, but, the actual dance they are doing is a multi-gender dance to begin with, the moves they are doing are not specific to female or male.

Asura: Oh these little poppers. DO they have swag? Yeah, they do. I would have perhaps liked to see a little bit more gliding, but what is in there is just awesome. The waving is done properly in regards to how it's actually done in real life (hint: watch the elbows). I think the overall dance itself is a little short in length. And the sounds they make while doing it is just great.

Humans: Party Rock eh? having watched the videos, someone posted in one of the comments on youtube, and I quote, "looks like it's frickin' motion-captured from the video." Kinda have to agree. It's a fun dance, relatively new, and while a number of people are no doubt sick of it already, this is one of the ones that will make some great dance video machinima. When you get large groups of people doing this in a formation of any kind, you're going to have some fun.

My opinion, I would rank them in terms of least favorite to most: Norn, Sylvari, Charr, Asura, Human.

I would like to say that I think A-net have done a really good job with the animations of these dances. They don't look loose, or lazy, or like someone didn't care. These are tight, with some very good attention to detail with some obvious hard work and love put into them. I might, subjectively, disagree with one or two of them, but they are well done. And, if we end up getting more via some form of shop or in-game vendor, all the better, more dances is more awesome! Especially from an out of game entertainment perspective. Any video we can get with awesome dance compositions that makes you either want to dance yourself or just say "wow!" And this is even more varied by the fact that the races have different heights, so you could do some interesting variations in levels and camera angles to make them even more awesome.

Edit: I wrote an essay, LOL. Sue me, I've stated this in other threads, but my sister is a professional dancer (Ballet/Jazz/Hip-hop) and because I love her and love wathcing her dance, I have a great passion for dance. Much the same as I have a great passion for music having played woodwinds for 15+ years.
    Last edited by Bluedragonwolf; 2012-08-22 at 05:35 AM.

After cooling down a bit, watching the dances again and reading up wikis about different dance styles, my mind is slightly changing towards "fine, dances are okish and done well" Just not the onces I would have liked to get. I was hoping to see Disco,Twist, Breakdancing/Capoeira, River dance etc. I hope they add more dance variety or at least let us use cross race dances.

I was slightly disappointed with Sylvari dance.... I was hoping for something different...
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"