Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Best episode yet!

Well, out of the ones I've seen (all since BWE2) anyway

One would think that people who are actually running podcasts not go around bashing WoW and making the same old tired "kung fu panda" troll references to everything MoP-related, but I guess it's too much to hope for. That stuff turned me right off from watching your show. It only perpetuates the hostile behaviour that players have towards other MMOs and to have it repeated again on one of the leading GW2 podcasts only makes them feel vindicated. Good luck with your future endeavours but I guess I'll have to look elsewhere to learn about the intricacies about the game and to hear like-minded people talk about it.
    Last edited by Roshar; 2012-08-20 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    One would think that people who are actually running podcasts not go around bashing WoW and making the same old tired "kung fu panda" troll references to everything MoP-related, but I guess it's too much to hope for. That stuff turned me right off from watching your show. It only perpetuates the hostile behaviour that players have towards other MMOs and to have it repeated again on one of the leading GW2 podcasts only makes them feel vindicated. Good luck with your future endeavours but I guess I'll have to look elsewhere to learn about the intricacies about the game and to hear like-minded people talk about it.
    Sorry you feel that way. I take it your issue is with our opinion of WoW? Or is it simply the fact that we expressed it on the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Bridger View Post
    Sorry you feel that way. I take it your issue is with our opinion of WoW? Or is it simply the fact that we expressed it on the show?
    Don't take it the wrong way, I don't mind comparisons being made between WoW and GW2 to highlight the differences between them and discussion along those lines. I just dislike the trollish "kung fu panda" comments being made about MoP since that's actually used by people who like to flamebait others or are just trying to troll other people or to just feel superior. It's almost like the person who uses that comment isn't confident about the success of GW2 so they have to disparage the biggest game on the block, WoW, in order to feel like they have made the right choice is supporting GW2.

It may just be a case of me over-analyzing it, but I am tired of the practice of flinging negative comments about other games to promote another game. I do enjoy listening to you guys though, it's nice to listen to people who are passionate about the game and hear the nitty-gritty game mechanics, and despite what I said I will probably listen to you guys again since it is an entertaining show. I just wish the WoW-bashing and name-calling wasn't present.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Mod Approval for this. This is the official Tales of Tyria thread so all new videos/discussion ect. are gonna stay in here.
    No advertising?

Quote Originally Posted by Gayrosh View Post
    No advertising?
    Getting mod approval first = different situation.

Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    Don't take it the wrong way, I don't mind comparisons being made between WoW and GW2 to highlight the differences between them and discussion along those lines. I just dislike the trollish "kung fu panda" comments being made about MoP since that's actually used by people who like to flamebait others or are just trying to troll other people or to just feel superior. It's almost like the person who uses that comment isn't confident about the success of GW2 so they have to disparage the biggest game on the block, WoW, in order to feel like they have made the right choice is supporting GW2.

It may just be a case of me over-analyzing it, but I am tired of the practice of flinging negative comments about other games to promote another game. I do enjoy listening to you guys though, it's nice to listen to people who are passionate about the game and hear the nitty-gritty game mechanics, and despite what I said I will probably listen to you guys again since it is an entertaining show. I just wish the WoW-bashing and name-calling wasn't present.
    FWIW, I understand your concern, and I agree with you to some degree. I wouldn't want to listen to a show that devolved into nothing but the bashing of another game to make you feel better about the game of your choice. However, in the episode you cite, I think the only reference you describe was sort of made as an off-the-cuff joke, not a "lets argue about why game X is bad." I think there may have been less than 30-60 seconds dedicated to the topic in that episode. I wouldn't want anything like that lasting any longer than that, but in the moment we were laughing and having a bit of fun.

I'll certainly take it into consideration, though I don't think we'll have that problem in the future, as we'll be able to talk about the game that we actually are playing!

Haven't updated this in a while, thought I'd get back in the habbit. Episode #60 is up, hope you guys enjoy!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridger View Post
    Haven't updated this in a while, thought I'd get back in the habbit. Episode #60 is up, hope you guys enjoy!
    Hello Bridger.

I sure do love this podcast, and I'm glad a Guild Wars 2 topic came up again. It might not be a lot of things to cover at this point of time but the closer we get to the new patches, and the patches we are about to get I'm sure you will get a lot to work and to have fun with.

Keep the good work up.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing what the Jan/Feb patches have to offer (especially for WvW). I also want to get some new class shows in the near future