Poll: Which class story you like most ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I just finishes my agent story, thats my third 50 after the inquisitor and the warrior.
    I gotta say, none of there class stories are particularly better or worse than the others. the agent was nice because it doesnt deal with supernatural elements all the time, but the ending was kinda disappointing. the endings of the warrior and inquisitor stories are much much more satisfying. Id consider the warrior story the best I have seen yet, but I had most fun with the inquisitor, not that much because of the big picutre, but the small stories and the choices are really fun.

knight is next, cant wait for it.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    The order of best to worst stories is:

1. IA
    2. JK
    3. SW
    4. Smug
    5. RT
    6. BH
    7. SI
    8. JC
    I would also like to add to this that there is a fairly large drop off after the first group of three and then again before the bottom three. IA, JK, and SW are all really awesome. Then there is a large drop in quality, but the smuggler and trooper are still really fun. And then there is another drop in quality before BH, SI, and JC. Each of the three groups is really close together, especially the bottom group, you could really interchange any of them. You could really rank it like this if you wanted:

1. IA/JK/SW
    2. Smug/RT
    3. BH/SI/JC

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed all 8 of them, but there really is a big difference.

I would also like to add to this that there is a fairly large drop off after the first group of three and then again before the bottom three. IA, JK, and SW are all really awesome. Then there is a large drop in quality, but the smuggler and trooper are still really fun. And then there is another drop in quality before BH, SI, and JC. Each of the three groups is really close together, especially the bottom group, you could really interchange any of them. You could really rank it like this if you wanted:

1. IA/JK/SW
    2. Smug/RT
    3. BH/SI/JC

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed all 8 of them, but there really is a big difference.
    Yeah there's a big difference, but...I found the SI and BH stories LIGHT YEARS more exciting than the shitty Trooper story. As I said elsewhere, trooper is one of the most boring storylines I've ever played, in any game, period. For that matter, I don't totally understand the appeal of the IA story, it's not bad or anything(unlike the trooper), but certainly not mind blowingly good for me either.

My favorite storylines thus far belong to the Sith Warrior. Love it!

The IA story is just simply amazing, never in a game have I been so desperate to see the end and so disappointed that it is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    My favorite storylines thus far belong to the Sith Warrior. Love it!
    Yeah, warrior story is great. Going LS(or mostly LS) makes it even better IMO.

The one thing I'll say, without spoilers, is that it's the only storyline that really had me invested in seeing the main villain get what's coming to him. I mean sure, the BH had that Tarro Blood who was a douche that I was happy to kill, but none of the other antagonists gave me the same satisfaction when I beat them as the warrior one did.

The smuggler villains are pretty damn satisfying to kill imo...

Actually BH is the only story I haven't done to at least act3. I just can't seem to bring myself to play my BH...

10+ Year Old Account
    The smuggler villains are pretty damn satisfying to kill imo...

Actually BH is the only story I haven't done to at least act3. I just can't seem to bring myself to play my BH...
    Don't worry, BH story is pretty mediocre. Personally, I'd rank it below Consular but some people do like it. I'm just glad I only have 5 levels to go and can knock it out, then go back to my Agent by next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the inquisitor story. It was pretty predictable at times (they all are really), but I actually got emotionally invested in some of the characters. I like the JK and SW stories too so far, although your "master" for the SW is overly cliche.

With agent being so far ahead, I actually want to try it out, assuming I still have some game time left.
    Last edited by Varyk; 2012-08-19 at 02:47 AM.

Looks like I now know what class I'm playing next!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    With agent being so far ahead, I actually want to try it out, assuming I still have some game time left.
    After finishing my BH this weekend (weakest story I've played thus far) I was able to turn attention back to my Agent who was sitting on Alderaan. The Agent's story was nothing super special (it was good, but nothing spectacular) up until the end of Chapter 1. Chapter 1 ended in a very impressive fashion, and Chapter 2 has been a trippy headgame that has got me very excited to see where the story goes. Honestly, this feels less like a Star Wars story and more like a good Spy Thriller. The only thing holding me back is that I ran out of rested XP, and I try not to play a toon without rested XP.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    After finishing my BH this weekend (weakest story I've played thus far) I was able to turn attention back to my Agent who was sitting on Alderaan. The Agent's story was nothing super special (it was good, but nothing spectacular) up until the end of Chapter 1. Chapter 1 ended in a very impressive fashion, and Chapter 2 has been a trippy headgame that has got me very excited to see where the story goes. Honestly, this feels less like a Star Wars story and more like a good Spy Thriller. The only thing holding me back is that I ran out of rested XP, and I try not to play a toon without rested XP.
    Metal Hydrospanner Solid
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Metal Hydrospanner Solid
    I have yet to hide in a cardboard/plasteel box, although I did hide behind one. Maybe that comes later. =)

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I have yet to hide in a cardboard/plasteel box, although I did hide behind one. Maybe that comes later. =)
    http://www.torhead.com/item/3xEYNs3/...-crate-o-matic

!
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Yeah there's a big difference, but...I found the SI and BH stories LIGHT YEARS more exciting than the shitty Trooper story. As I said elsewhere, trooper is one of the most boring storylines I've ever played, in any game, period. For that matter, I don't totally understand the appeal of the IA story, it's not bad or anything(unlike the trooper), but certainly not mind blowingly good for me either.
    Now see I liked the Trooper story as it fit the class well. Even the ending did, although most people (including myself) wished it had ended differently, but it fit for a soldier serving in the military ultimately being run by a bunch of bureaucrats. If I didn't have to go back to the Senate Tower to visit Garza after almost every planet to only be sent back to my ship to use the holo, I would have been much happier with leveling a Trooper.

10+ Year Old Account
    imperial agent.

It's funny to see so much divergence in opinion. I consistently see SI rated as one of the worst yet it's #4 in the poll.

Imperial Agent ALL THE WAY

I have 50 Operative, 50 Assassin, 42 Juggernaut, and have dabbled with most other classes to some extent... if you want to know what I'm comparing it to.

Inquisitor was 2nd best, Warrior sucks, other classes I've dabbled with have sucked as well

Quote Originally Posted by noxnoctum View Post
    It's funny to see so much divergence in opinion. I consistently see SI rated as one of the worst yet it's #4 in the poll.
    I was just thinking this. The poll pretty closely mirrors the list I made of best to worst, except for SI. For some reason SI is way up there. My guess would be it is because there are just so many people that play SIs, maybe a lot of the people voted for them because that is the only one they have played.

Voted for IA because it's the best overall story. Yes the "twists" are fairly easy to spot coming, but it's still an excellent overall narrative.
    The individual choices in the SI and SW stories are great, but the plots frequently piss me of with deus ex machina supernatural crap
    Fact remains though that force choking and electrocuting people is just fun, nothing like a virtual power trip :P
    Didn't care too much for the BH storyline (99% of it was "go kill this person" as you'd expect from a person who hunts bounties) but it was still fun.

Republic storylines so far have been pretty bad lol
    Last edited by Ciah; 2012-08-23 at 08:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER