Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    This was my first time playing GW2 and I only played 30 minutes over a few classes and I gotta say, I was really impressed (I skipped the intro's and just did some events nearby to not spoil anything). The environments are amazing (well at least compared to WoW), and the combat feels way more involving.

I think my time gaming is going to be 70% GW2, 20% MoP and 10% BF3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    Ok, I'll bite. Why do you think that ?
    There is no sub in GW2.
    And yes i think ppl that mostly like PVE will be playing Gw2 when they hit lvl 80 much less.
    Arenanet just make more pve content, ppl don't keep playing those 8 dungeons(gear downscaled that doesn't matter) and some outdoor bosses.
    If they wanna keep the pve ppl kinda busy, make some pve indoor raids.

Quote Originally Posted by boyrot View Post
    And yes i think ppl that mostly like PVE will be playing Gw2 when they hit lvl 80 much less.
    Arenanet just make more pve content, ppl don't keep playing those 8 dungeons(gear downscaled that doesn't matter) and some outdoor bosses.
    That's the beauty of it though, in an interview they said they can keep adding Dynamic Events into any zone and with down scaling, it's always going to be a challenge.

There is no sub in GW2.
    Explorable dungeons are the closest equivalent to raids. The only difference is the number of people required : 5 vs 10/25. If you're doing an explorable dungeon you will need planning and you will wipe if you don't play well, furthermore you will never be able to outgear an explorable dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing like spending months improving your character and gaining strength just to have it completely negated a second later 0o

Yesterday, stress test was stunning. Somehow everything was more fluid, more beautiful. I enjoyed so much, and cant wait Saturday to headstart.

There is no sub in GW2.
    I dont think thats true at all. WoW is the only MMO that has achieved success with this model, and even that game has been bleeding subs for a while now, showing that maybe people care about more than just raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Can't help but feel disadvantaged pvping with Aussie ping, too used to nice low SWTOR pings. Combat feels a little too much auto attack to me. Going to give it a go and see if it improves at higher levels

Deleted
    Have they optimised the usage of video card and stuff better?

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 12:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    That is defininitely one one GW2s main problems. I dont see this game having many subs once the free month ends. Arenanet has to prepare something spectacular to keep people subbed to this subscriptionless MMO.
    See, it's funny there's always people who talk about the problems of GW2 and don't even know... it DOES NOT have a subscription, you bought the game, you play for free. After you bought the game, you don't have to spend 1 cent if you don't want to. Sure, if you want bigger bags or something, you will, but you won't spend anything for patches or balancing or stuff. Nothing, nada, you'll only pay for expansions. Why is this so hard to understand?

After the last stress test? Hmm my thoughts were that I still don't like engineers and that statics&dynamics>>>>synergetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    See, it's funny there's always people who talk about the problems of GW2 and don't even know... it DOES NOT have a subscription, you bought the game, you play for free. After you bought the game, you don't have to spend 1 cent if you don't want to. Sure, if you want bigger bags or something, you will, but you won't spend anything for patches or balancing or stuff. Nothing, nada, you'll only pay for expansions. Why is this so hard to understand?
    I like how people are unable to read more then his/her first two sentences. =P
    Last edited by Mistral; 2012-08-22 at 09:54 AM.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Nothing like spending months improving your character and gaining strength just to have it completely negated a second later 0o
    The mobs and bosses also spend months improving and gaining strength.

Quote Originally Posted by webdonkey View Post
    You need a tissue?

The game isnt out yet and your drooling allr.

Everything new is nice, it has always been like that, but in the end does it keep you there.

Loads of people scream nice, awesome, best one ever when a game is about to hit.

And after 2 months, the game is going downhill allr, subs going down, and they turn back to wow.

dont pretend you found a new awesome cakezzz game, cause i know, and you know...

you didnt. It only has your attention for a limited time like a child on x mas eve.
    Strangely enough, this is so true. The part about people going back to WoW, anyway. It's such a weird phenomenon , so many games (MMOs) that are better than WoW yet people aren't instantaneously "King of the Hill" like they are in WoW so they run back whimpering. It has to be that it runs on a trashy computer or something? I left WoW from complete boredom during TBC ( the Grind of ZA bear runs was getting stale) and came back last year mid Cata to see why people were still playing it and low and behold they re-introduce ZA and ZG. Unbelievable the laziness and non originality of Blizzard. People left Warhammer, Aion, Rift, SWToR to go play the exact same content they were playing 4 years ago. Un-flippin-believable

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Yeah because the fact the game doesn't have a grind process, doesn't mean you have nothing to do after you hit 80 right?

I had a blast.Played ele With greatstaff and i just had so much fun lvling her.Already unsubbed and uninstalled mop beta and Wow.

I had the jumping teleport problem, last night. (Doing move like death blossom would randomly teleport me to odd locations.) Very frustrating. I never really had any issues with the game in all the events I played in other than this one.......right before release. It wasn't just thieves having issues there were rangers in chat having the same issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    I think the keyword in Enk:s post was "keep people subbed to this subscriptionless MMO.". Sarcasm is hard to do on the internet.

OT: The stresstest was quite good, graphics were optimised even more for me, they really float superb on my computer now with 60+ FPS on high settings. They did bug a few features that had worked perfectly in earlier stress tests with guild invites/represent, the trade post in EU (which they fixed during the extended test. Awesome.) and the "I cant find my party members if I'm not standing on top of them and they wont show on the minimap" bug. Overall a nice experience, hope they iron out the bugs and let us test them again, lets say tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    After the last stress test? Hmm my thoughts were that I still don't like engineers and that statics&dynamics>>>>synergetics.

I like how people are unable to read more then his/her first two sentences. =P

I know right I'm face-palming at the reading comprehension on some of these people.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Miah View Post
    Strangely enough, this is so true. The part about people going back to WoW, anyway. It's such a weird phenomenon , so many games (MMOs) that are better than WoW yet people aren't instantaneously "King of the Hill" like they are in WoW so they run back whimpering. It has to be that it runs on a trashy computer or something? I left WoW from complete boredom during TBC ( the Grind of ZA bear runs was getting stale) and came back last year mid Cata to see why people were still playing it and low and behold they re-introduce ZA and ZG. Unbelievable the laziness and non originality of Blizzard. People left Warhammer, Aion, Rift, SWToR to go play the exact same content they were playing 4 years ago. Un-flippin-believable
    I don't understand this mentality of one or the other. I'll be playing both GW2 and WoW, and wil be playing each according to the amount of enjoyment I get out of them. I'm not crazy, I know that GW2 won't keep me entertained indefinitely, just like WoW doesn't. The thing is I am able to use each game to satisfy different part of my gaming experience. I will play GW2 when I want to see something outside of a capitol city, do some PvP, or just to pick up and play. WoW I will use for raiding with friends.

The two games are mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by webdonkey View Post
    You need a tissue?

The game isnt out yet and your drooling allr.

Everything new is nice, it has always been like that, but in the end does it keep you there.

Loads of people scream nice, awesome, best one ever when a game is about to hit.

And after 2 months, the game is going downhill allr, subs going down, and they turn back to wow.

dont pretend you found a new awesome cakezzz game, cause i know, and you know...

you didnt. It only has your attention for a limited time like a child on x mas eve.
    As i said if you read my post, that until MoP comes out ofcourse, atleast i have something to do instead of sitting in SW/Org wishing/thinking of something to do thats actually going to keep me entertained for a few hours! Haha

Im very excited about this game, i wasnt a very big GW1 Player, but after my friend showed me this game (he still plays GW1 on a daily basis) I legit, not kidding here, felt like I did when i first played WoW during TBC.

My thoughts were that finally someone made a good game for adults. I did not play WoW long past the beta because it quickly became clear that it would not be possible to play the game as designed and still have a normal productive life as an adult. GW2 really looks like it will still be rewarding and fun only logging on for a couple hours 2-3 times per week when I can. A nice little escape without a large necessary time commitment. GJ ArenaNet you earned my money.