Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Yeah because the fact the game doesn't have a grind process, doesn't mean you have nothing to do after you hit 80 right?
    Does it need a grind?

After you hit 80...
    • You can still grind for legendary weapons. considering a legendary costs 200 skill points you have to be over level 80 to even consider making 1 of (12?) and max'd out in 2 crafting skills.
    • You have 3 dungeons that open up for you when you hit 80 with a storymode and 3 explorable parts to it. (basically 12 dungeons).
    • WvWvW pvp. Which is a huge event
    • Battlegrounds (structured pvp)
    • Also you can return to areas which will be challenging and finish off 100% completion,
    • complete all the puzzles, jumping and otherwise (like the key quest in the asura starting zone).

Do we know when Anet will release new content? no.... but finish all that off first and then worry about grinding.
    Last edited by MrSerious; 2012-08-22 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    That is defininitely one one GW2s main problems. I dont see this game having many subs once the free month ends. Arenanet has to prepare something spectacular to keep people subbed to this subscriptionless MMO.
    Epic post, made me lol. Then even more lols were had at the number of people whose reading comprehension fails in regards to a three sentence post.

Just let the haters hate at this point, it's one part fear and two parts jealousy. No, this game will not topple the mighty WoW, so they can put the fear part to rest. But the jealousy is clear - they see you having that giddy anticipation and they don't understand why, but envy you for feeling that way. Haters should be pitied, not reviled, and wished good luck in their search for something that will make them as excited as we are now!

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Just let the haters hate at this point, it's one part fear and two parts jealousy. No, this game will not topple the mighty WoW, so they can put the fear part to rest. But the jealousy is clear - they see you having that giddy anticipation and they don't understand why, but envy you for feeling that way. Haters should be pitied, not reviled, and wished good luck in their search for something that will make them as excited as we are now!
    Pretty much this. Ever notice how little children sometimes dont care about a toy until they see someone else have fun with it?
    Not saying that there are no valid complaints about this game, but when you see someone who didnt even play it come here saying "dis gaem suks WoW is betta" you know whats up.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I almost feel like it's 2 games in one.

You've got a WHOLE game just chock full of what PVE'ers love: questing, exploration (almost complete sandbox, no less), dungeons, dynamic events...

And when/if you get bored with that, you've got a MASSIVE PVP experience to discover. SPvP to test your skills (Everyone gets their starter gear set, full skills and traits so we're all on even ground), WPvP to play some classic large scale siege, and of course PVP ranks to grind.

PVP and PVE experience are completely separate, so you could be level 3 and still be like rank 40 in PVP if that were all you did.

All-in-all, this might be the one game that actually sucks me in so badly my fiance will get bored with her console games and want me to come do stuff. I doubt I'll see even half of what it offers in like 80 hours of playtime.
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

To the people thinking "ZOMG No endgame content!11! No RAIDS ((":

Think of this game more as an action game or radical MMO unlike any other you've played before. Games of FPS genres, MOBA, etc. don't have end game but I can personally play 1000s of hours on them (still play cod4!). Once you get your head around that I think you'll begin to appreciate the game more!

my thoughts after tuesdays stress test is that my school is not blocking my gw2 but instead has a crap connection over wireless and will randomly disconnect making it seem as if I'm blocked from loading in.

as long as this works saturday when I have my super long shift of nothing-ness. Last saturday 3 people came in and I have about 3 calls and this was over four hours. Have seven hours on Saturday but by dwayna I was able to log on last night.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    Does it need a grind?

After you hit 80...
    • You can still grind for legendary weapons. considering a legendary costs 200 skill points you have to be over level 80 to even consider making 1 of (12?) and max'd out in 2 crafting skills.
    • You have 3 dungeons that open up for you when you hit 80 with a storymode and 3 explorable parts to it. (basically 12 dungeons).
    • WvWvW pvp. Which is a huge event
    • Battlegrounds (structured pvp)
    • Also you can return to areas which will be challenging and finish off 100% completion,
    • complete all the puzzles, jumping and otherwise (like the key quest in the asura starting zone).

Do we know when Anet will release new content? no.... but finish all that off first and then worry about grinding.
    Read my comment again I think you misunderstood me.

Double post
    Last edited by Shatters; 2012-08-22 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Double post-sorry

Deleted
    Liked the game, but its that time of year where i have no money to spare, so I won't be able to witness the launch . But the last time I played was the final beta weekend, which I really enjoyed, but I'm still not sure what class to role.

But hopefully should have it in a month or two

The last 2 stress tests I've managed to somehow be in areas by myself doing heart quests with no one else around and doing them like that they're extremely tedious. I didn't intentionally go out of my way, I was simply doing ones my level, but the game definitely seems tuned around group damage because killing mobs solo as an elementalist was slow and boring and not dangerous either so it wasn't even interesting in that way. I usually can play a lot so tend to outlevel most people, but I think I need to make sure to not get ahead of most people in this game, maybe make some alts earlier than I usually do.

I also hope they do something about strafe/keyboard turn speed. I'm disabled and don't really have a choice except to move most of the time with the keyboard and it's extremely slow in GW2 trying to turn and strafe with the keyboard. Strafing feels like I run slower than going forward which I haven't really experienced at all in other games. I've been able to do most PvE stuff in other games with no trouble just using the keyboard, but I feel like it's such a lesser option in gw2 than it's going to hurt my playing a lot.

GW2 subs will never drop because once you buy it you're forever subbed...

Don't really understand this mentality. You can stop playing and restart playing anytime you want.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    GW2 subs will never drop because once you buy it you're forever subbed...

Don't really understand this mentality. You can stop playing and restart playing anytime you want.
    Its why a better standard would be active players. And even that isnt really a standard of success for a game without a sub fee, just how much money its made.

Counter Strike is said to have 10-15 million player worldwide. Does that mean they all play CS every day/week? I stopped playing CS 5 years ago and started last year again and played it like a maniac for a few months. It doesn't really mean anything whatsoever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Strafing feels like I run slower than going forward which I haven't really experienced at all in other games.
    I think strafing and backpeddling are the same speed in this game. For me it's one of the hardest things to get used to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Its why a better standard would be active players. And even that isnt really a standard of success for a game without a sub fee, just how much money its made.
    For an MMO active players is crucial I'd say. There will always be a gang of people who hold on to a game no matter what, but if people start leaving the game, the servers become more and more empty and then many will look for something else. One big reason people play MMO is because there are other people there.
    IMO Arenanet has somewhat adressed this problem should it arrive, with a global auctionhouse, global friendlist and guesting.