Thread: Asura - WTF?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    personally im a fan of games that use races less human looking. i dont really care for asura, but it certainly doesnt bother me

Deleted
    The Asura can look great they just need the right facial slider options.

There are definitely more hideously ugly face preset options compared to cute/decent looking () especially for males, but there's a lot of variety with the 'cute' options.

Anyway in game they look great (best animations of all the races) and considering the camera is rarely zoomed in close to the models face on (unless you're playing an Asura and do it on purpose) they fit it perfectly well.
    Last edited by mmoce5fee02e00; 2012-08-22 at 06:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    OP just hates Asura because ArenaNet made an NPC inspired by him. Bookah.

(Spoiler warning for SB)
    You should have stayed back as the plaque told you. It's obvious you caught the stupidity and love the Asura now. Bookah.

Deleted
    I would like some more chin options on the male Asura, otherwise I really like them. Their movement and animations are superb.
    However their attitude to life and the world is what really makes me like them. Look up Guild Wars 2 Lore Blogs: Snarky Little Geniuses on youtube for example to get some backstory and so. Then tell me if you dont like them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    You can just not be an asura and that's it.
    Nope that's not the solution - they will be around...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ajoram View Post
    Nope that's not the solution - they will be around...
    Don't play then, problem fixed. They're not removing the race because 1 player doesn't like them.

This thread is utterly useless.

Deleted
    males are ugly, but females are SO DAMN CUTE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    OP just hates Asura because ArenaNet made an NPC inspired by him. Bookah.

(Spoiler warning for SB)
    that is a great screenshot LMFAO!! ArenaNET doesn't hold any punches back at all do they

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

Oh I know what Asura remind me of...
    Dobby/Elves from Harry Potter, but with better posture/nicer skin and just as powerful. Seriously, elves in HP were OP as heck.

I'ma play an Asura too. They're so kewl.

Deleted
    The females look alright, the males look ugly as hell tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Im going to be honest, I dislike most of the GW races.

Charr I feel look rediculous in large heavy armour when they run and they are too feral to seem convincing enough.

Asura as you said are kind of ugly little things, doesnt make me proud to gear one up.

Sylvari I actually quite like, a few of the combos look fugly but the plant / human hybrid is nice.

Norn / Human They are more or less the exact same, cept norn's are more bulky and dont really live upto their shapeshifter name.

Ill probably end up playing Sylvari or Humans tbh.

Thats not to say I dont like the game, its amazing, just the races leave a bit to be desired in my opinion.
    I hear ya. I am less than impressed with GW2 races. Asuras I find just ugly and unappealing, Norns and Humans have basically no visual difference aside from size, Charr are too bulky to be attractive. Sylvari, for all their "uniqueness" are just reskinned humans. (inb4 the "lore explains it" comments). I wish the designers and artists would take some risks and go away from the cliche "not-human but humanoid" styles and actually designed non-humanoid races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    I hear ya. I am less than impressed with GW2 races. Asuras I find just ugly and unappealing, Norns and Humans have basically no visual difference aside from size, Charr are too bulky to be attractive. Sylvari, for all their "uniqueness" are just reskinned humans. (inb4 the "lore explains it" comments). I wish the designers and artists would take some risks and go away from the cliche "not-human but humanoid" styles and actually designed non-humanoid races.
    O_o

Charr seem very non-humanoid to me. Sure, they've got two legs, two arms, and a head, but that's not all they have.

I also don't see the Sylvari as reskinned humans. Unless humans have leaves for hair... and ears... and eyebrows...
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

people playing gw2 have no reason to complain about pandas with this ugly race in the game
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

10+ Year Old Account
    How can you hate a race that can dance like this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    people playing gw2 have no reason to complain about pandas with this ugly race in the game
    Subjective opinion is subjective. I don't see them as all that ugly.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    butbut.. so cute :3

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Subjective opinion is subjective. I don't see them as all that ugly.
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

10+ Year Old Account
    ??

Cool looking Asura you got there

10+ Year Old Account
    -snip-
    Doesn't look ugly to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Im going to be honest, I dislike most of the GW races.

Charr I feel look rediculous in large heavy armour when they run and they are too feral to seem convincing enough.

Asura as you said are kind of ugly little things, doesnt make me proud to gear one up.

Sylvari I actually quite like, a few of the combos look fugly but the plant / human hybrid is nice.

Norn / Human They are more or less the exact same, cept norn's are more bulky and dont really live upto their shapeshifter name.

Ill probably end up playing Sylvari or Humans tbh.

Thats not to say I dont like the game, its amazing, just the races leave a bit to be desired in my opinion.
    At the end of the day, as much as I like the game, this killed it for me as well. I'm not going to get into specific beefs over them because opinions are opinions (Unless they're used in the GW2 forums, then they're just wrong )
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.