10+ Year Old Account

Quick questions about GW2 and buying it

So I have some questions. Due to money issues I was not able to preorder GW2 a while ago. Would it still be to late to get the head start?
    Is it possible to buy in a physical version? Like install it with a CD, not download it? Only have 14 gigs of bandwidth here .

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't buy the physical copy until the 28th I assume. It's not in stores. Some ppl have gotten their collector's editions already- but I don't think you could just go get one today from a retailer if that is what you are asking.

I don't believe you can still prepurchase from a retailer and get a code for the 3 day (you won't get a physical copy, for sure) but you can still prepurchase from guildwars2.com and play as soon as it's up if your install is complete (~14gb download).

I bought it today from GW2 website and I got 3 day headstart for pre purchasing.

For physical you will have to wait for the 28th. For digital if you buy it on buy.guildwars2.com you will be able to play tonight. However the download is around 15G.

Other solution: find a friend that has received the CE (or standard box) and is willing to share the DVD for installation (so that you don't have to download too much), and buy the game on the official website to have a game account ready.

I'm pretty sure the only place you're going to get a pre-purchase code these days is from the Guild Wars 2 website, unfortunately. Most stores have run out (in my experience). And you won't be able to get a CD prior to launch anyways, so it looks like you'll be waiting until the 28th.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamok View Post
    Alright so I'm having another issue. When I go to order it from EBgames Canada(I got to it from their list of retailers), it tells me the site is fake. Is it just a glitch or should I find a different site? It's the only store I can get a physical copy of in Canada.
    Ugh. EB Games. The website and its customer support are terrible. I'm not sure why you're being told that the site is fake, but it's probably just a glitch. However, if you're going to order it from the website, beware receiving the wrong code (I wouldn't put it beyond them to send a pre-order code for a pre-purchase) and the shipping time.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2012-08-24 at 06:58 PM.

Alright so I'm having another issue. When I go to order it from EBgames Canada(I got to it from their list of retailers), it tells me the site is fake. Is it just a glitch or should I find a different site? It's the only store I can get a physical copy of in Canada.
    Amazon ?

http://www.amazon.ca/NCsoft-FG-GW2ST...5834549&sr=8-1

Note that you won't be able to play before the 28th (or even after if it takes one or 2 day for the game to be delivered).
    Last edited by rezoacken; 2012-08-24 at 06:57 PM.

I can wait till the 28th. Can anyone give me a bit of info about the EBgames website? I got to it from the list of retailers on the GW2 site but it tells me the website is fake.
    I suppose there isn't a local EB Games where you are? If you order it from the website, you won't receive it on the 28th. Keep in mind that there are other stores in Canada which will sell Guild Wars 2, and simply didn't have the pre-order/pre-purchase codes.

I can wait till the 28th. Can anyone give me a bit of info about the EBgames website? I got to it from the list of retailers on the GW2 site but it tells me the website is fake.
    Why don't you try amazon ?