Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The PVP stat changes confuse me so much. GC contradicts himself totally. The gear is making it harder for PVE players to participate in PVP, and vice versa yet he states:

"The goal of this change is to make it easier for a PvP player to participate in PvE, or for a PvE player to get started in PvP. Currently, we feel it is too large a barrier to go from one to the other, and the result has been that we see more and more players choosing to focus exclusively on only PvP or PvE. In earlier expansions, it was more feasible to use PvE gear in Arenas or Battlegrounds until you acquired the more useful PvP gear. The same was true of being able to use your PvP gear in a dungeon or raid until you acquired something better. In Cataclysm, stepping into PvP with no PvP gear would result in a player being so ineffective that it was difficult to even make progress towards acquiring PvP gear."

Someone explain it to me like I'm 7 please.
    Last edited by Phokas; 2012-08-24 at 07:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phokas View Post
    The PVP stat changes confuse me so much. GC contradicts himself totally. The gear is making it harder for PVE players to participate in PVP, and vice versa yet he states:

"The goal of this change is to make it easier for a PvP player to participate in PvE, or for a PvE player to get started in PvP. Currently, we feel it is too large a barrier to go from one to the other, and the result has been that we see more and more players choosing to focus exclusively on only PvP or PvE. In earlier expansions, it was more feasible to use PvE gear in Arenas or Battlegrounds until you acquired the more useful PvP gear. The same was true of being able to use your PvP gear in a dungeon or raid until you acquired something better. In Cataclysm, stepping into PvP with no PvP gear would result in a player being so ineffective that it was difficult to even make progress towards acquiring PvP gear."

Okay. Everyone gets 30% base resilience so they won't get instantly destroyed when trying to PvP, regardless of what gear they have on. PvP Resilience increases this defense further (my Priest/Paladin are both at approx. 62% damage reduction), so PvP gear is more desirable for PvP in terms of longevity, but you don't outright need it to start PvP. PvP gear also has PvP Power on which increases your damage done to other players and increases your healing in PvP zones (aka Arena and BGs), but does nothing for PvE. Again, this means you want PvP gear to progress in PvP, but you don't need it to start.

Basically, you're given enough resilience to start out with any gear you want, but you still want to get PvP gear to get better.

---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 08:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by coolbaluk1 View Post
    The paladins seem to get the short end here. Auras were kinda cool.
    Heal as a Paladin and tell me you got the short end of anything.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Phokas View Post

This change makes it so you no go boom when you're a fresh 85 stepping into your first level capped BG/arena.

The more pvp gear you get the less boom you go.

In short it is trying to end the insta gibbing that marks leveling an alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblykiss View Post
    This change makes it so you no go boom when you're a fresh 85 stepping into your first level capped BG/arena.

The more pvp gear you get the less boom you go.

In short it is trying to end the insta gibbing that marks leveling an alt.
    Except that ppl still forget that as your oponent grabs more pvp gear, he'll always blow you since you only get that initial pvp def. They have all the pvp gear provides + the extra everyone gets.

So not only you'll get boom as gear advances, you'll also won't do any significant dmg as we go further into the expansion...

Wich means that the original intent just don't work... at the begining of the xpac everyone is on the same boat, when we progress and new ppl join the fray totally behind the others, well... BOOM!

Would be nice if somehow we start loosing the "natural" resilience as we get enough pvp gear, to balance it out between ppl with pvp gear and ppl with 0 pvp gear, but well...

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Must be a slow day at mmo champ for them to make a survival guide >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Errr..it's a blue post, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhahkim View Post
    And what about LFR? Will the new looting system apply to DS or start with MoP raids?
    The new LFR loot system is in place on the PTR, so it will be in 5.0.4.

Will my bow show up on my back? Last time I logged into beta it was not showing on my back. I really hope they have gotten that fixed. I hate looking weaponless even though I can whip out my bow with my first shot.

Also, I'm wondering if the guild changes are going in this patch? Will guilds be losing the mass summon and the extra pots from guild caudrons.
    Last edited by Laylriana; 2012-08-24 at 08:17 PM.

Deleted
    "The talent tab will show you the new talent system. You have a wide variety of useful and powerful abilities available to you regardless of your spec"

Yeah, sure ...

Sigh.

Deleted
    "Mana pools are capped. Not necessarily a quality of life improvement, but this change will impact all mana-using classes and the stats they want. Intellect will still make skills more powerful, and Spirit will still regenerate mana faster. The amounts you choose for each is a bit more compelling now."

Thank you Blizzard for making the healing gear even harder to get. Now every spell caster is gonna want spirit...sweet....might as well change the tier sets around as well and put each armor type on a tier instead of class type.

Deleted
    One would expect Curse offices to be able to actually stream decently :E

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    I still haven't found any concrete answer on this... Will I finally be able to use my Hand of A'dal title on other characters, or is that one of the character restricted achievements?
    I was able to use my Hand of A'dal title on all my toons that did not have it in beta (only my shaman got it originally).
    Healers are like artists, no one appreciates them until they are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    Will my bow show up on my back? Last time I logged into beta it was not showing on my back. I really hope they have gotten that fixed. I hate looking weaponless even though I can whip out my bow with my first shot.
    Bow shows up on my back just fine on the Beta. I expect the same to occur for 5.0.4.

---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 08:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hakaiteki View Post
    "Mana pools are capped. Not necessarily a quality of life improvement, but this change will impact all mana-using classes and the stats they want. Intellect will still make skills more powerful, and Spirit will still regenerate mana faster. The amounts you choose for each is a bit more compelling now."

Thank you Blizzard for making the healing gear even harder to get. Now every spell caster is gonna want spirit...sweet....might as well change the tier sets around as well and put each armor type on a tier instead of class type.
    No.

The only caster DPS classes that will benefit from Spirit are still Ele Shaman, Moonkin and Shadow Priests. This phenomenon will not and should not exist for Mages or Warlocks as they have passives that regenerate their mana from actively casting or procc'ing various effects. Any practiced theorycrafter will tell you this. Spirit will never have worth to Warlocks or Mages; just for Shaman, Moonkin and Spriests as the Spirit acts as a 1=1 for Hit rating.

.... Unless that's what you're worried about? The Moonkin/SPriests/Shaman?

Then in that case you're like, 2 years too late to the cry party.
    Last edited by greyghost; 2012-08-24 at 09:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

Deleted
    wow this stream is terrible! 20mins of 20 guys talking 5mins of arena, 5mins of adverts and lag.

Deleted
    This was a pisspoor stream I´d say!!! Just show next match ffs!!!

Deleted
    fixdestrunow- tell me about it! this is terrible! so far they have been streaming for over an hour, and weve seen about 5mins of arena so far, 45mins of them guys talking and some adverts... its just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    no..its more like this...if you got 50% dmg reduction in cata with full pvp gear then in mop it will be like 30% dmg reduction baseline and then pvp gives u the other 20% so gear matters less which means new players wont be demolished when trying to do bgs...thats how it supposed to work anyways.. the difference will just be smaller between pvp - pve then it is in cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

10+ Year Old Account
    Open3dtv over twitch good choice, twitch is garbage for streaming now

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait... Aura's are gone... Why... I don't... *Head explodes*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crsh1976 View Post
    but wands are not AND they should be equipped in the main hand? Are they now powerful enough (stat wise) to replace staves/maces/spellblades ?
    Yes. Wands in MoP have the same level of stats as any other caster 1-hander.
    Last edited by Masark; 2012-08-24 at 09:37 PM.