Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Has your name been taken? Find out!

Re-post from Guru, but a good thread non-the-less:

This might be old news to some but new to others. I found this out because I have 3 accounts in GW1 and some have EoTH (Eye of the north) and some don’t. And I’m still seeing lots of “Name” topics around.
    Simply put, If you type the name you hope to have in GW2 in to the HoM( Hall of Monuments Calculator) and get “Error Loading Character” the name will be up for grabs in GW2!
    If, instead it takes you to another screen with a Reward meter, it will mean the name has been reserved by someone else…. For now.

Don’t lose Hope! Names are only reserved for a short time after release of GW2 and not all name that are reserved will be used, so a name you might want might open up after release. When the reserve list was made for GW2 it took all names from accounts that were used in the last year form GW1. However it has even reserved names I have on accounts that don’t even have EoTH, and I will never use the names in GW2. I’m sure there will be thousands like this.

For the rest that hope to get the name they want on release, Good luck and let the best man/women win!

And yes! There is a 24 hour reserve on names you make in GW2 after you delete your character on your account. (Lost count of the number of times I have seen this asked now lol)

Original post by Shadowcat101:
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/.../#entry1810508
    Last edited by theredviola; 2012-08-24 at 09:50 PM.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Looks like my name is up for grabs. I was worried because during the last 1 hour stress test it was taken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very handy find, now it's just a race to grab that name you want!

Woo my name was not taken but i am going to spam login 1 hour before release so i'am pretty safe :v

Quote Originally Posted by kinetiks View Post
    Looks like my name is up for grabs. I was worried because during the last 1 hour stress test it was taken.
    Probably someone had made it during that specific test already. Any 1 word name is up for grabs as only names from GW1 accounts that fit the criteria are reserved and you couldnt make a 1 word name in GW1. However if its popular enough that someone else made it during a stress test I'd make doubly sure to get in ASAP and reserve it when the servers open up.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    the name I'm going to use isnt taken yet but I can't play untill the 28th or possibly later than that so ;/

All my names aren´t taken which is optimistic

the name I use in WoW wasn't taken, but I might go with a more serious one this time. Something a bit more fantasy like.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe the name Ive used in gaming since 99 was taken by some wannabe sometime in the last year.

Also if your name is taken, just like in WoW, you can use high ascii letters. Thats what Im doing because somehow all 5 of my randomly generated names I have been using since Everquest were taken. I was like WTF really?

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Morbius View Post
    I can't believe the name Ive used in gaming since 99 was taken by some wannabe sometime in the last year.
    If it's Vlad, it's a pretty common name.

When I started WoW, I was the ONLY person with my name. Now there are 82.
    Last edited by Methusula; 2012-08-24 at 10:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...So it seems mine is taken, but it's only at 6 HoM. I wonder if I should panic and come up with a new name, or wait until... when was it they planned to free up old names?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    ...So it seems mine is taken, but it's only at 6 HoM. I wonder if I should panic and come up with a new name, or wait until... when was it they planned to free up old names?
    I want to say a week after release.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

mine is fine... but then I thought it would be pretty unlikely to be taken (no, it's not my forum name)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    I want to say a week after release.
    Looked it up. http://www.arena.net/blog/reserving-...r-guild-wars-2

Suggests that after launch day would be a good time to at least try, but who knows how many support tickets they'll have by then.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-24 at 10:39 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    [/COLOR]

If it's Vlad, it's a pretty common name.

When I started WoW, I was the ONLY person with my name. Now there are 82.
    Nope Vlad Morbius, started using this in AC in 1999, like i said some wannabe lol!

Deleted
    it doesn't work that way, I tried some very generic fantasy names and always got error, there's no way legolas isn't taken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well its good to know my name is still free! Hopefully I don't jinx myself for saying that though O_o

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    it doesn't work that way, I tried some very generic fantasy names and always got error, there's no way legolas isn't taken.
    All GW1 names are two words at least

10+ Year Old Account
    My names won't be taken MWHAHAHAHAHA I SHALL NEVER REVEAL MY SECRETS!!!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi