Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SunbakedDuck View Post
    no..its more like this...if you got 50% dmg reduction in cata with full pvp gear then in mop it will be like 30% dmg reduction baseline and then pvp gives u the other 20% so gear matters less which means new players wont be demolished when trying to do bgs...thats how it supposed to work anyways.. the difference will just be smaller between pvp - pve then it is in cata.
    Right now the numbers don't seem to match the goal as well as your example would suggest. Swizzle above notes that his gear on beta is giving him 62% player damage reduction, which would mean you take 38% damage. If natural Resil gives you 30% reduction then you'll be taking 70% damage. That means a player without PvP gear takes nearly double the damage that a player with PvP gear does.

In all honesty I don't believe it's possible to make PvP reasonably fair in PvE gear and still better in PvP gear without making healing unreasonably powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by UrCa1988 View Post
    It's almost as if GW2 was a competing service that would directly affect Blizzards bottom line! How dare they attempt to retain subs from what's obviously going to be a big contender in their marketplace! It's called good business sense. It's why Torchlight 2 pushed back its release date when they found out Diablo 3 was going to release on the same day.
    Except releasing TL2 the week after D3 launch would have been a huge hit for them. Considering how horrificly bad D3 was from launch till this recent tuesday. Now Blizzard has had a lot of time to polish and will probably get PvP out before TL2 finally comes out. NOT good business sense for Runic.
    Last edited by Eleveneleven; 2012-08-24 at 09:56 PM.

Mana pools are capped, new resources for everyone

...So am I right in thinking this essentially makes mana a type of energy? Energy being the system that no one liked, but the moment you add in an extra resource it becomes "meh"?

"streamlining raid buffs" = remove stuff....

For me - this new systems take everything I liked out of the game and turned it into a joke. My class that I played for 6 years feels and plays like crap. And dont tell me I havn't played it... cause I have been in beta for months.

Horrific.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadanon View Post
    For me - this new systems take everything I liked out of the game and turned it into a joke. My class that I played for 6 years feels and plays like crap. And dont tell me I havn't played it... cause I have been in beta for months.
    And which class would that be?
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    And which class would that be?
    Paladin
    Paladins now have several ranged abilities, though remain primarily melee combatants. In-line with streamlining raid buffs (more on that below), Auras have been removed, and the buff focus is now on Seals. Paladins can now store up to 5 Holy Power at a time, but still can only use up to 3 on each Holy Power spender.

Blizzard is doing everything possible to get as many paladins to play monks I guess....

No thank you. The class just doesn't feel like paladins anymore. And I have been through the LOT - including 40 man buffing in vanilla. That was fun compared to how it plays atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin
    Paladins now have several ranged abilities, though remain primarily melee combatants. In-line with streamlining raid buffs (more on that below), Auras have been removed, and the buff focus is now on Seals. Paladins can now store up to 5 Holy Power at a time, but still can only use up to 3 on each Holy Power spender.

Blizzard is doing everything possible to get as many paladins to play monks I guess....

No thank you. The class just doesn't feel like paladins anymore. And I have been through the LOT - including 40 man buffing in vanilla. That was fun compared to how it plays atm.
    That is very curious, because I happen to play a paladin, and I think that the Paladin changes are very nice (although it is not the class which received the most important overhaul). What changes exactly don't you like?
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    buffin 40people + pets sure is fun ... please stop cryin, its the same class as in cata only without auras since no one brings those buffs anymore
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2012-08-24 at 10:51 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petre View Post
    Right now the numbers don't seem to match the goal as well as your example would suggest. Swizzle above notes that his gear on beta is giving him 62% player damage reduction, which would mean you take 38% damage. If natural Resil gives you 30% reduction then you'll be taking 70% damage. That means a player without PvP gear takes nearly double the damage that a player with PvP gear does.

In all honesty I don't believe it's possible to make PvP reasonably fair in PvE gear and still better in PvP gear without making healing unreasonably powerful.
    Keep in mind that's in FULL Malevolent PvP gear, aka Conquest PvP gear, which is given out free on beta for testing purposes. It would take a while before people actually have those same numbers on live when all this hits. Sure, once we move to the second season of MoP, it will again be hard for new comers to gear up in PvP, but it will be MUCH better than what we have now, which I believe is their intent.

Also, don't forget PvP Power increases healing done in PvP, but you lose a bit of regen and other bonuses to pick it up. I believe a full T14 healer would have the same throughput as a full S12, but they will just be about half the damage. Again, not ideal to do PvP in PvE gear, but it is much better than the current system.

---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 11:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    That is very curious, because I happen to play a paladin, and I think that the Paladin changes are very nice (although it is not the class which received the most important overhaul). What changes exactly don't you like?
    I personally can't log on to my Paladin on live after playing it on beta just because it's in a much better shape on beta. The level 90 talents are fun (personally love Execution Sentence) and I love the increased options each spec has in terms of damage. Paladins are one class I don't think people have a reasonable basis for hating once they hit 90...outside of Ret PvP maybe.
    Last edited by Swizzle; 2012-08-24 at 10:56 PM.
    BfA Beta Time

poor rogues you guys lost all sense of identity this expansion. How does blizzard not hear the feedback you guys have been shouting for the past few months about how poor these changes are. Heh, what are ya gonna expect though, brand new class that wears leather and uses agility, so I guess we shouldn't have expected you guys getting any cool new toys. Monks do look pretty fun though, either way, rogues rotation is going to be even MORE boring and autonomous, you guys are still no doubt going to top the charts again once haste starts getting high enough!

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    poor rogues you guys lost all sense of identity this expansion. How does blizzard not hear the feedback you guys have been shouting for the past few months about how poor these changes are. Heh, what are ya gonna expect though, brand new class that wears leather and uses agility, so I guess we shouldn't have expected you guys getting any cool new toys. Monks do look pretty fun though, either way, rogues rotation is going to be even MORE boring and autonomous, you guys are still no doubt going to top the charts again once haste starts getting high enough!
    Because everyone thinks that energy is the best thing ever and combo points are so easy, I mean otherwise how could rogues be so good in pvp??????

The hell with energy. Any system where you spend 3/4 your time not doing anything in particular, waiting for your attack resource to come back, is a bad system.

No one cares about unbalanced Arena championships!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    wait they are removing paladins auras????

what are they replacing it with, I used to switch them quite a bit depending on the situation.

I don't understand why they are totally changing every class.

I play every class but a druid but wtf man I am going to have to learn2play them all over again
    Last edited by shadey81; 2012-08-24 at 11:27 PM.

Deleted
    wow, Lindsay hair is huge love her <3

Nice the patch is almost coming.

---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 04:56 PM ----------

I'm pretty desperate now to get the required number of posts.

These are some big and exciting changes, and I’m certain I forgot one or more of them.
    Don't forget the change to the basic availability of races within the game as of Tuesday! No matter what expansion you have, races up through worgen / goblins will be available for everyone, and Pandaren make the list with the release of Mists! =D

Quote Originally Posted by axpriest View Post
    Because everyone thinks that energy is the best thing ever and combo points are so easy, I mean otherwise how could rogues be so good in pvp??????

The hell with energy. Any system where you spend 3/4 your time not doing anything in particular, waiting for your attack resource to come back, is a bad system.
    The only thing I like about energy (coming from a feral druid) is that we don't need to really buy mana pots or anything stupid like that, and we're not gimped out like rage is if we have a shitty attack speed or aren't getting hit a lot. At least with energy, no matter what happens, you'll still EVENTUALLY be able to do something. But with how things are going, mana users seem to have unlimited mana and don't need to worry about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the Battle for Theramore is going to be a scenario. I thought so. That kind of cool. However I have not yet done a scenario so I dont know if you can repeat them or not but I dont like the idea of being able to do scenarios multiple times if you can.

Anyone else feels that almost all classes got stronger and a lot of additional PvP-abilities(cats that heal better...firemages with the bailities of icemages etc.) while the shadow got another boot to the balls with even more difficult mechanics(which was anyway already maybe the hardest in the game)? I mean...okay..he can finally run as fast as every other class(they have so far all been faster)...but if that's really enough?

Quote Originally Posted by 134735 View Post
    So, is RP the only reason any hunter would ever consider equipping a melee weapon? I mean, I guess I can see the charm in it, but why even bother? Why not just make it so that hunters can only use ranged weapons (and no melee at all), especially if they're removing (as far as I know) Raptor Strike and Wing Clip?
    They did originally have it planned that way, but they decided to allow hunters to equip melee mainly because of the RP crowd along with the banksitters who had old legendaries. A lot of players actually requested this on the forums many months ago.