Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    Well Zarhym made a reply about the scenario and world map Theramore. Seems the moment our chars do the fall of theramore scenario and get the achievement, it will phase that area like firelands. So this means, if you are a lowbie questing, you can still see Theramore and can quest there, and that's why the Theramore scenario will always be available. So you can phase that area at 85.
    And in 5.1 it will be phased forever to the destroyed state, and apparently they're adding a new Alliance camp and quests. Might be re doing the Horde quests int he zone too.

The datamined scenario data indicated that we'll be returning to Theramore after its destruction to retrieve the focusing Iris. But it's very possible that it starts in Theramore, we escape with Jaina, an THEN we return to the ruins.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I warned you guys for weeks now. Blizzard has given up on world events because the same people we griefed in the Wrath event are now the majority.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I warned you guys for weeks now. Blizzard has given up on world events because the same people we griefed in the Wrath event are now the majority.
    Get over yourself. There have always been more casual players than otherwise
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

And what's wrong with it being a scenario? All that means is that those who can't be there for the pre-expansion event, can still complete it long after the expansion goes live.

If anything, I wish the pre-cata events (Such as Operation Gnomeregan, Zalazane's Fall, and the Elemental Invasions) were scenarios too. As for them not available when 5.0.4 is live, yes that sucks, but I guess they have a legit reason for doing that.

With all the previous pre-expansion events, they were temporal, once they're gone, you'll never see them again, thus they enabled them for several months to allow as many people as possible to do them, however since theramoore is permanent, there is no need to enable it that soon.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    If there were event quests, we would know by now from datamining the patch.
    Not if they haven't been patched in yet.
    Think about it. Do you honestly think that the only way to do the scenario will be to use an in-game menu? There's obviously going to be quests leading to it or most players would never even discover it.

The fact that no patch has had ANY lead-in quests or triggers data mined (at least to my knowledge) pretty much says that Blizzard is hiding something.

Personally, I am expecting post 5.0.4 patches shortly afterward that bring in more.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

No they gave up because it was a waste of resources to develop something that was always lackluster that people couldn't repeat for more content.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're giving way too much credit to yourself and your theories. I'm not saying you're right or wrong, mind you. Just that you give your own ideas way too much credit.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2012-08-25 at 05:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    And in 5.1 it will be phased forever to the destroyed state, and apparently they're adding a new Alliance camp and quests. Might be re doing the Horde quests int he zone too.

The datamined scenario data indicated that we'll be returning to Theramore after its destruction to retrieve the focusing Iris. But it's very possible that it starts in Theramore, we escape with Jaina, an THEN we return to the ruins.
    Well then they better put in something for people who are questing around theramore at that patch. Because that zone is one of the few bridges between 35-40. Such a change would cut the questing experience down from having Dustwallow Marsh, Feralas and Western Plaguelands to just 2 choices. Feralas or Western Plaguelands for alliance. Where is this statement by Blizzard saying 5.1 will auto phase everyone in 5.1?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Hrm...well, that is pretty dang weird. I thought scenarios would be like, y'know, things that could happen any day. The battle at Theramore seems like it would've been a one-time pre-expansion deal. Weird.
    It was interesting that they said that the scenario would be kept in the game. Does anyone know if that might mean that Theramore will appear as it does now to anyone leveling up. After running the scenario, is it possible that Theramore would then appear post-event? I'm not sure if my post or the idea makes any sense but it was something that occurred to me when I read Blizz's note about it.

EDIT: Or what Alewen said in #81...Sorry, only read the first page or so. That would be cool if that's the way it works.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-08-25 at 05:40 PM.

I like the idea of the Theramore phasing after you do the Scenario.

And once 5.1 hits, 'enough' people would transition for it that they can just say 'it's now nuked for everyone, even the lowbies'.

I think what they said is that FOT would be made for 85s pre-MOP. Then, once you hit 90, you can redo it just like any other scenario, made for 90.

lol wtf ? not a world event ? but a lame instanced crap? What a big disappointment. Maybe i should buy GW2. The lack of investment is steady getting stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think il have to remind myself to go visit theramore one last time. I'm getting a bit teary eyed. So many memories...
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    Well then they better put in something for people who are questing around theramore at that patch. Because that zone is one of the few bridges between 35-40. Such a change would cut the questing experience down from having Dustwallow Marsh, Feralas and Western Plaguelands to just 2 choices. Feralas or Western Plaguelands for alliance. Where is this statement by Blizzard saying 5.1 will auto phase everyone in 5.1?
    From everything I've read, the phased version has a new Alliance camp set up within the ruins of Theramore which contains the displaced NPCs.

I mean, the only thing that's really changing is the big tower in the city is getting destroyed. I don't know why anyone would assume this means, "omg all the quests are being completely removed from the entire zone."

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Think about it. Do you honestly think that the only way to do the scenario will be to use an in-game menu? There's obviously going to be quests leading to it or most players would never even discover it.
    I honestly wouldn't be all that surprised if there was less than 3 short quests to do the scenario. The rest of the game has been slowly getting dumbed down, it was only a matter of time before the launch event was steamrolled over as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rejer13 View Post
    lol wtf ? not a world event ? but a lame instanced crap? What a big disappointment. Maybe i should buy GW2. The lack of investment is steady getting stupid.
    Yeah, go away, people like you complaining without knowing what they're talking about won't be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    From everything I've read, the phased version has a new Alliance camp set up within the ruins of Theramore which contains the displaced NPCs.

I mean, the only thing that's really changing is the big tower in the city is getting destroyed. I don't know why anyone would assume this means, "omg all the quests are being completely removed from the entire zone."
    Well as long as the zone gets updated so lowbies can still quest in the zone, I guess that will be fine.

Personally I'm tired of city invasions. The BC one I somehow completely missed back in the day, I only knew about and did the quests at the Dark Portal. The Wrath one was cool, but the only part that really stood out was the zombie part. The rest was 'meh.' The elemental invasion was cool the first time. But it quickly got boring.

Mists isn't like the other expansions, where something attacks us and we retaliate. So it makes sense to do the intro event with a new direction. Instead of retreading old ground by say having SW and Org attack each other, they're using the event to showcase scenarios, a new form of content in Mists. It will also be much more story driven than the others. Not to mention it's entirely possible there' smore to this event that we know of just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

I'd imagine they'd just make new quests. The whole point of the city's destruction is that everyone but Jaina, us players if we're there like the book supposedly indicates, and Shandris/Vereesa die. If all the old quest npcs somehow survived it would be weird. It would also be weird to have the same old quests there, especially the deserter arc, considering what's happened. I may end up being wrong, but I would find it very awkward if the zone's questing content for the Alliance didn't change at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elmowaki View Post
    Kinda tells me it will just be a scenario..
    They also threw around ideas at the press tour and shortly after, stuff like Chen and other pandaren going to the Alliance and Horde cities to get players introduced to the new race and lay some groundwork for why the ships we're sent to look for at the start of the Jade Forest intro chain go to Pandaria. That might still be in the works, with Theramore sticking around as a scenario after the world event ends.

---------- Post added 2012-08-25 at 05:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I'd imagine they'd just make new quests. The whole point of the city's destruction is that everyone but Jaina, us players if we're there like the book supposedly indicates, and Shandris/Vereesa die. If all the old quest npcs somehow survived it would be weird. It would also be weird to have the same old quests there, especially the deserter arc, considering what's happened. I may end up being wrong, but I would find it very awkward if the zone's questing content for the Alliance didn't change at all.
    I foresee a total story revamp for Dustwallow likely involving getting revenge for Theramore, with maybe some NPCs like Pained having managed to survive by either having the foresight to dive under the water or pure luck or some such. Said revenge could be something like attacking a major Horde army camped out in Dustwallow, or attacking the Horde town (phased, so it doesn't interrupt Hordies' questing), or even going after, say, a newly-constructed Horde base built after Theramore was destroyed to make sure the Alliance couldn't use Dustwallow as a foward operations base again.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

There are SO many people on this thread who have no clue what a "Scenario" is.

A scenario is a new feature coming in MoP where you queue up with 3 other people and complete a mini dungeon that is driven by quest objectives. The OP is disappointed because this isn't going to be a real thing out in the world like the other pre-events were. And I agree. It is a major disappointment.

Deleted
    not bothered about theramore tbh only want all the class changes

but why write in this thread then?

because i can /smile