Deleted

It's time

mouz won ! i just bought their pennant ;p
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-08-26 at 02:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't the games on the first page supposed to be the highest MMR? There was a Leoric who put his first point into aura, had only one point in stun the entire game, no points in stats, and maxed crit first.

Then again, he was Russian. But how is a Russian getting into a "high MMR" game in the first place?

---------- Post added 2012-08-26 at 04:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    mouz won ! i just bought their pennant ;p
    Yup, I'm gonna pick up one, too. Disappointed to see there's no mTw pennant. mTw's showing up as one of the teams in TI2, but they have no pennant? Why's that?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SxX4X.png[IMG]

It's time
    Not sure if this is funny or manslaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Aren't the games on the first page supposed to be the highest MMR?
    as far as i know position is based on numbers of spectators not mmr

Yup, I'm gonna pick up one, too. Disappointed to see there's no mTw pennant. mTw's showing up as one of the teams in TI2, but they have no pennant? Why's that?

its in game files but not in store yet, probably bacause valve and mTw organisation are finalizing business (teams gets % of money for each pennat sold)
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-08-26 at 12:06 PM.

Aren't the games on the first page supposed to be the highest MMR? There was a Leoric who put his first point into aura, had only one point in stun the entire game, no points in stats, and maxed crit first.

Then again, he was Russian. But how is a Russian getting into a "high MMR" game in the first place?[COLOR="red"]
    I really like to see how you play because all you do is bitch about everything and write racist/hatred comments like wishing cancer or saying entire country suck at dota. Seriously cut your fucking crap.

ps: I'm not Russian.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-08-26 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    as far as i know position is based on numbers of spectators not mmr
    The game shows up first, then it gets specs because it's on the front page. I see games with 500 spectators get kicked down a spot for a fresh game with 0 specs all the time.

As far as being on the FIRST page goes, it's never necessarily top MMRs because you get MMR penalties for queuing with groups. Most of the first page of games on any given day will be 5 stacks and not necessarily the best players. However, to be on the front page everyone in your group probably needs a decently high MMR anyway.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-08-26 at 04:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Disappointing find: it appears as though only one "fan" per match with a pennant will get the drops on specific events (I.e. first blood, double kill, etc)

Bit disappointing to find that out, don't think I'll waste money trying to get drops with pennants unless they change that...
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

High Overlord Ultraviolet Harmonies's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Disappointing find: it appears as though only one "fan" per match with a pennant will get the drops on specific events (I.e. first blood, double kill, etc)

Bit disappointing to find that out, don't think I'll waste money trying to get drops with pennants unless they change that...
    The pennants are in place to support the teams (they get a percentage of each pennant purchase and each upgrade), and is a way to make sure people watch the games live inside of the client. The prizes are random and not intended to be a lottery ticket.

I was a bit gutted after seeing the last CLG - M5 game, because I sold Pajkatt on fantasyleague earlier today, and after his 18-4-17 or something Lycanthrope I missed out on a lot of points. Also, of course - in the end of the second game PGG being PGG and missing an entire black hole.
    Last edited by Ultraviolet Harmonies; 2012-08-26 at 06:37 PM.

Deleted
    Wow, Chinese teams coming up really strong thus far!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I really like to see how you play because all you do is bitch about everything and write racist/hatred comments like wishing cancer or saying entire country suck at dota. Seriously cut your fucking crap.

ps: I'm not Russian.
    You're welcome to view my games via my Steam profile. It shouldn't be hard to find.

I wouldn't say "oh, well they're Russian/Brazilian" if there wasn't a hell of a lot of anecdotal (anecdotal is anecdotal, blah blah blah) evidence to back it up. I have encountered exactly three Brazilians that both spoke English and were at least as good as me at the game (understand, I'm above average at best, not even "good"), and all three of them were in the same clan and queuing together. The same goes for Russians, though I've met four that were pretty good at the game.

The other dozens of each I've encountered? Most don't speak English at all (which is a big problem when you can't communicate with your team in a game like Dota), and the ones that do seem to use it only to insult others. With exception of the three and four people I've met that were actually pretty decent, the rest are just awful at the game.

Why do you think people make so many jokes about RUs and BRs, and dread having them in their games? The stereotypes exist for a reason.

---------- Post added 2012-08-27 at 07:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by eemuman View Post
    Wow, Chinese teams coming up really strong thus far!
    Yeah, I'm glad TI makes it easier for us to see them in action. I love how differently they play compared to Western teams. I can't think of a Western team that would actually solo mid Wisp, but WE did it in the "qualifier" games versus Mouz and they actually made it work fairly well.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Chinese are just on a different level. They get so much more out of morphling than any western teams. Everyone knows Morph is strong but their use of replicate is just phenomenal. I love how much Rubick we are seeing too, and he is doing extremely well

It'll be good for the west to see how good they are not at dota.

10+ Year Old Account
    LGD currently undefeated at 8-0, iG down only one game with a 5-1 score. LGD bootcamped for three months straight in China. Everyone and their mother is expecting complete and utter Chinese domination though.
    Last edited by Ultraviolet Harmonies; 2012-08-27 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    I've always found strange how we always call ourselves the western world.
    It's the fastest way to have everyone know what you mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    Chinese are just on a different level. They get so much more out of morphling than any western teams. Everyone knows Morph is strong but their use of replicate is just phenomenal. I love how much Rubick we are seeing too, and he is doing extremely well
    Yep, there's a reason Rubick's my most played. Stupidly versatile hero. I play Windrunner and feel like I'm stuck doing only one thing now.

Zenith completely shit on M5 to no one's surprise. 14 minute Bloodstone on Leshrac, and EB on Morphling at about that same time. Why are M5 even allowed into tournaments? I've seen five random pubs play better than they play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zenith completely shit on M5 to no one's surprise. 14 minute Bloodstone on Leshrac, and EB on Morphling at about that same time. Why are M5 even allowed into tournaments? I've seen five random pubs play better than they play.
    They're a big team, and they bring in big viewer numbers. Their sponsors helps bring more attention to the tournament.

Plus, Valve has to invite them because PGG is IceFrog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraviolet Harmonies View Post
    They're a big team, and they bring in big viewer numbers. Their sponsors helps bring more attention to the tournament.
    Yeah, BenQ is a pretty sizable company. I think Tobi has their logo prominently displayed on his webcam, too.

Plus, Valve has to invite them because PGG is IceFrog
    What? Is that some kind of inside joke?

10+ Year Old Account
    What? Is that some kind of inside joke?

10+ Year Old Account
    Really want to see two heroes see some playtime this tourney: Leoric and Zeus.

Reading on the wiki, it's saying Leoric's aura stacks with all other lifesteal effects. This seems to imply that Vlad's would stack with it, which would mean all friendly melee units in range of Leoric would be getting 46% lifesteal, on top of the bonus armor and mana regen. Assuming that's true, seems like it'd make for a hilarious thing to do if your team was built around a melee carry being your 1 (Anti-Mage?) Soul Ring, Phase Boots, and Armlet for the early and mid-game, and I guess more support-oriented items after that - the Vlad's, Drums if no one else bought them, maybe a Mjollnir for pushing power or HH to counter the enemy carry?

Main issue seems to be that even if CK is out, there are better choices for a #2/#3 STR semi-carry. DK brings a great stun, can easily stack and farm ancients for fast gold, and by time he's 16 he's hard to kill and has a free AOE Skadi to spam around. Slardar brings a fantastic negative armor buff and a great AOE stun with a bash that ignores BKB. Still, I'd love to see a couple of games with a Leoric in them, just to see how he performs at the pro level.

Ditto Zeus. Seems like a poor man's Leshrac in a lot of ways, but that's because Leshrac's damage is fucking retarded. Lightning Bolt provides a microstun and 900 AOE True Sight every 8 sec, Arc Lightning allows pushing and spamming of his passive, and his ulti is great for ending a fight - or more commonly, starting a fight since it does significant damage to the enemy team and gives vision for a few seconds. But seems like Zeus is difficult to lane because he has no escape, fairly weak stats, a crappy attack, and spamming Arc Lightning for last hits just feeds the enemy hero(es) stick charges for sustain.

EDIT: Naix + Clinkz + Profit + Wisp + Tidehunter. Tidehunter can be replaced with any hero, but Tide's a good fit in any team. General hilarity once Naix and Wisp hit level 6, spontaneous 1v5 ganks anywhere on the map at any time.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2012-08-28 at 07:34 AM.