View Poll Results: Rate your impression!

Voters
385. This poll is closed
  • I love it

180 46.75%
  • I like it

85 22.08%
  • It's okay

49 12.73%
  • Meh

47 12.21%
  • I hate it.

24 6.23%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Not sure what you were trying to say. To me GW2 puts MoP to shame... and Blizzard won't be able to upgrade or improve MoP up to the point of the gameplay offered by GW2 anytime soon.
    PVP wise, yes, pve wise not really. Some people like a pve gear treadmill. Some don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like/love it, it's very immersive and explorable. the cities truly feel like people inhabit it. The combat is fun, the dynamic events are fun and the world looks amazing. Everything is so BIG!

The only thing I don't really like is the crafting system, it feels complicated to get new recipes appropiate for your level and such.
    Last edited by Taranee; 2012-08-26 at 10:57 AM.

Taranee - lvl 90 Blood Elf Warlock - EU Dragonblight

I love it, the leveling math seems like it might be a little off. It has a month to win me over from MoP.

PvP wise it is great, PvE wise I think Blizzard has got that so far.

Its OK, kind of fun playing Warhammer again without the cute squig herders and fun little farting/joking characters. Graphically it appears amazing, in chunks, but then starts to get a little obvious that the developers spent more time saying " Look at how big and artistic we can be" instead of "look how fun this could be".

The main story is pretty good and the fights are fun if you do them 2-3 levels ahead and then they become quite challenging, I think this game would have been much, much better with twice the amount of personal story. This is certainly the best part so far.

The DE's are far from challenging even playing a melee thief, my guess is because of the huge amounts of people in zones but I'm on overflow 90% of the time and done a sizable amount of them with 1-2 other players in the outlying areas. Not being able to group with friends is getting annoying, there must be some way to phase together but we aren't finding it with all this overflow server business.

PvP is alright, it's far from instant gratification like others have been where you feel powerful and know you're stomping people into the ground. Too much evasive action and people running away trying to survive to make it " fast and furious " fun. I'm sure it will grow on me but this may be the first game where 3-4 matches and it starts to stale. I guess skill = running away, this will take some getting used to. The WvWvW zone are too massive to enjoy, finding other players to kill after searching for 15 minutes running around bland areas gets old fast. This was the part I was really excited to see in a game again, hopefully someday I may actually see it.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Not everyone plays all the time, some people take a break.
    I deliberately used the word "many" to account for this. Reading comprehension, learn it, live it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving it so far, ask me in a month though

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    No only haters take a break clearly, even though less than 20% are negative. ITs actually not a good representation because this is a GW2 subforum and will thus have a higher incidence of likers than haters, not because of the reasons he says
    Straw man. I used the word "many" specifically to avoid this characterization, but that clearly wasn't enough to stop you from deliberately misrepresenting my statement. Bravo!
    Last edited by Shostie; 2012-08-26 at 12:11 PM.

Deleted
    Nothing special. It's alright. Nothing "amazing" about it as the fanboys seem to keep preaching. Graphics are... average, the voice acting is atrocious (but then again it is in every MMO bar SWTOR and TSW), the combat is alright, dodging is nifty but it's not going to revolutionise the genre.
    Last edited by mmoc8a29730aed; 2012-08-26 at 12:18 PM.

Deleted
    I like it.
    Visually it's so big and impressive, but atm I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm just running around doing a little of this and a little of that. I love how the Asura move

Deleted
    pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I always thought quantative was when you gathered numbers whereas qualitative was gathering experiences and explanations of their choices.

The one thing that still bugs me is the zoning and teleporting, there is no mounting up and seeing the world, there is no flying and seeing the world, there is no jumping on a ship and sailing off to new destinations, there is no blimps or flight paths, there is no walking from a gorgeous green zone in to a dank morose without a loading screen. You simply walk through a portal or just teleport, its a horrid way to get a feel for the world. Instancing and portalling are integral to MMOs but for each zone to be walled in by mountains and sea and seperated by a swirly portal just kils a little of the immersion.

Otherwise its a nice game, I can see people getting totally absorbed by it much like I can see many people turned away. I still think it will be a lot bigger than other big mmo releases combined.
    This is my biggest issue with it so far, the zones are pretty big indeed, but I'd like to be able to mount up and run places, teleporting all over the place is just stupid, it's beyond stupid, I almost refuse to do it. I hate it. There's not even any (that I've seen) story behind them, they just call them waypoints and off you go. The Asura Gates on the other hand aren't jarring at all, they feel like they belong in the world. I don't know anything about them, story wise, but I infer a few things.

Oh, and the camera, the camera really messes up my ability to view the world, I want to be able to explore the world and see it, but the camera is so close that It's hard to angle it in a way to get a nice clear view a lot of the time, especially of things in the distance.

Other than the travel and camera though, it's pretty ok. I'm enjoying it, but I'm certainly not feeling the amazement and sense of wonder from other games, but I think it has a LOT to do with the camera and travelling system making the game feel fucking weird.
    Last edited by Raeli; 2012-08-26 at 12:22 PM.

Deleted
    Okay, what I feel after the launch and playing, only posting the very good and very bad things:

+ character variety

You can build your own story, thats pretty cool. But the influences ingame to the story are not that massive! And that is bad.

+ Fighting System

Very cool. Feels like playing Skyrim.

+ Weapon Abilties

- Leveling

Really bad in low level. You cannot quest in a row, you have to do the same "dynamic" events again and again....and with that events

- Dynamic Events

Something that sounded very good prior the game, but ingame its very bad. Not how they work. Just how much there are. Doing the same dynamic event for the fourth time is not fun.

- Graphics

they looked awesome in the videos, ingame they are really bad, even on Ultra the game is some sort of ugly

-Voice over

Useless and badly done

The rest is mediocre, not bad, but not good at all. Thats also my first impression of the game. Definetly not bad, but the hype before was undeserved, just as it happened to swtor

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. Gameplay-wise it's as good as hotkeys can probably get, but storywise it fails to engage my in the overall world.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taranee View Post
    The only thing I don't really like is the crafting system, it feels complicated to get new recipes appropiate for your level and such.
    I agree with this.

As much as I really enjoy most of the other parts of the game the 'discovery' process for crafting level 10+ items just feels foreign and completely off.

Deleted
    Finally, mmo which is a little better than WoW
    I like it.

Deleted
    I like it - borderline love. The world feels AMAZING at the moment because it's launch - there are a lot of people about, which makes it interesting. The real test for AN will be keeping the world alive in 2 months when fewer new people are signing up and running in these zones. I also don't like how you don't have to talk to the heart people to understand what is happening - really, except my class story I've never really had to know *WHY* I'm killing these things.

What I am *very* excited about though is how the game will develop. Since GW2 is "freemium", AN need to make money.. this is made through in-game transactions. I am excited to see what AN do to make me *want* to throw my money at them.

If they can refine the leveling process and crafting system while at the same time making it more noob friendly I can see GW2 being a strong game after a few months. It's not noob friendly in it's current state however

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Okay, what I feel after the launch and playing, only posting the very good and very bad things:

+ character variety

You can build your own story, thats pretty cool. But the influences ingame to the story are not that massive! And that is bad.

+ Fighting System

Very cool. Feels like playing Skyrim.

+ Weapon Abilties

- Leveling

Really bad in low level. You cannot quest in a row, you have to do the same "dynamic" events again and again....and with that events

- Dynamic Events

Something that sounded very good prior the game, but ingame its very bad. Not how they work. Just how much there are. Doing the same dynamic event for the fourth time is not fun.

- Graphics

they looked awesome in the videos, ingame they are really bad, even on Ultra the game is some sort of ugly

-Voice over

Useless and badly done

The rest is mediocre, not bad, but not good at all. Thats also my first impression of the game. Definetly not bad, but the hype before was undeserved, just as it happened to swtor

Your machine obviously can't handle the game on Ultra just because it lets you choose it,doesn't mean you should.

The machine in my sig with dual 560tis rock the game not to mention its still dx9, 60fps everywhere.

My sons machine with an I5 and a 8800gt yea an 8800gt rocks the game just fine at recommended settings and the game looks equal to if not better than wows dated graphics.
    Last edited by malbojia; 2012-08-26 at 01:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shostie View Post
    Straw man. I used the word "many" specifically to avoid this characterization, but that clearly wasn't enough to stop you from deliberately misrepresenting my statement. Bravo!
    Okay, did you really need to defend yourself so vigorously by posting the same thing twice :P
    The bolded part is strawman the unbolded part completly refutes your statement thus not straw man. Still doesnt make your point any more valid, this is a GW2 subforum so its full of people who are interested in GW2 and will have a much higher average of likers than haters, and as such its not an accurate assessment but for completely different reasons than what you said, but good job highlighting something you can actually defend as opposed to your actual statement which didnt make sense.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-08-26 at 01:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    100 strikes derp still needs looking at i know you can dodge and 1 vs 1 its fine its just the jackass people who bulls rush and 100s strikes when you are pre disposed
    only real issue i have with the game atm
    that one trick pony build
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right