Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

GW2 so far the best MMO I have ever played. THANK YOU ARENA NET!

I just have to say, it's been a long time since I stayed awake 30 hours for a game, I think the last time was in burning crusade wow when i was doing my Kara Attunement (Also good times) and trying to gear up.

I just love the art style, the cities look absolutely incredible, the combat is fluid although I am still getting used to perfecting it. I just love the gimmicky stuff in the game too. The pvp is also just so addictive, I would gladly pay a sub for this.

Finally a MMO that has me hooked again!

It's great, only if it had end game...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    It does have an End game.. got no idea why people would say that..

But y, Amazing MMO having so much fun taking my time to do all the questes and so on reading and listening to the lore and questest while in wow the only thing it mostly had was end-game raiding..
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2012-08-27 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post

But y, Amazing MMO having so much fun taking my time to do all the questes and so on reading and listening to the lore and questest while in wow the only thing it mostly had was end-game raiding..
    ya.. WoW didnt have any quests nor lore.. lawl..

Anyway Im glad GW2 was not a disappointment.. I might try it out as-long as it keeps the good reviews.

Well the PVP will be more then enough endgame for me and will see what the pve has to offer when I am there, rift is the only game I can safely say has a proper pve endgame. After 4.3 wow doesn't have a endgame either now since LFR trivialises it, in the beta the scenerios were boring after the 2nd time and HC dungeons are easier then WOLTK HC. Anyways I don't want to turn this into a bashing wow thread.

Hi friends, let's not turn this into a GW2 vs. WoW discussion please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey look! Another one that has no clue what they're talking about!

I'm with the OP! I haven't been hooked to an online game like this since Vanilla WoW
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    Hey look! Another one that has no clue what they're talking about!

I'm with the OP! I haven't been hooked to an online game like this since Vanilla WoW
    Of course, instead of just telling him he has no clue, you could explain what the end game actually consists of. That would actually be *gasp* constructive.

It's bad. The skill system has no depth. You have 5 main buttons and your 5 other buttons (1 heal/3 utility/1 elite) and then you can switch your 5 main buttons to a different set when equipping a new weapon. Different sets generally yield 2-3 damage abilities, some form off cc/gap closer or the opposite, and some thing else that has a secondary effect to damage. There is hardly any depth to the system.

Not saying the game has no depth, because it does. But it has depth in areas I don't find enjoyable. The depth comes from evading attacks correctly, timing your few abilities correctly, and combining them with other player's abilities, as well as your character's positioning.

Problem for me is, there's just not enough buttons that distinguish a profession from the next one, aside from the aesthetics.

Not only that but the overflow system is terrible and I can't play with my friends most of the time. Soloing is the most dull thing I've ever encountered and their "event" system is basically questing but hiding it decently well. It's the same crap - kill/collect/chores. Their elites take 20 minutes and it's grinding them down with your few abilities in that insane time frame for a miniscule xp boost. Apparently someone's idea of epic.

WvWvW is a clusterfuck and you need 10 minutes to reach a location just to have the chance to zerg someone or get zerged yourself. Fun. No mounts was a good choice. Oh yeah, and they are banning anyone who doesn't have a super serious RP name. Great.

There's a host of issues but I'm not looking to reply here again, rather do it on reddit. If they got something right, it's animations and... well, the cities look nice.

Flame on fanboys.
    Last edited by JhanZ; 2012-08-27 at 06:11 AM.

It's been a while I didn't feel that much fun in an mmo...

It totally fulfills my expectations. Of course not everything is perfect, in fact it lacks some refinement in some areas and the game still has some bug or technical issues... but hey I'm having a blast and that's what matters.
    Last edited by rezoacken; 2012-08-27 at 06:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im loving it so far. I love the feeling that you almost start off at top level feeling wise. The world is yours and you go out and its all fresh and new and well done. The atmosphere is the best and i love the fact that i can just stalk monsters through the forest with my bow then change rapidly to sword and board. Its just so fresh and fun and ive taken a million screenshots so far haha!

Most of these threads I take with a grain of salt.

Every new MMO has people screaming "BEST NEW GAME EVAR!!!!" for its first 2-3weeks, and then it sinks in that it is really nothing special, and people start slowly dipping away from it.

It happens with all games these days, this game is no different. Thus far only 2 days into headstart I have already had about half the people in my Guild that left for Headstart log back on WoW and say things along the lines of "Ehh its an alright game, nothing special." Most of these people are GW1 Veterans aswell.

I'm going to give this game about 2-3 months before I even contemplate buying it, just to see how well it "holds" people. But after what I felt in BWE I'm unsure if I really even want to pay for the game.
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2012-08-27 at 06:15 AM.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Of course, instead of just telling him he has no clue, you could explain what the end game actually consists of. That would actually be *gasp* constructive.
    Or perhaps they could do their own research on the game by reading the giant sticky in these forums, going to the games main website, or watch videos from the developers before making silly and invalid comments.

---------- Post added 2012-08-27 at 12:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Hi friends, let's not turn this into a GW2 vs. WoW discussion please.
    Sadly, it most likely will due the title of the subject
    Last edited by Fitzgerald77; 2012-08-27 at 06:17 AM.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    Or perhaps they could do their own research on the game by reading the giant sticky in these forums, going to the games main website, or watch videos from the developers before making silly and invalid comments.
    Well from what I have read and watched, end game is either redoing old stuff for dress up, or PvP. So if he isn't into playing dress up or PvP, there is no end game for him. In fact most people have been using the no end game line as a sales point.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Most of these threads I take with a grain of salt.

Every new MMO has people screaming "BEST NEW GAME EVAR!!!!" for its first 2-3weeks, and then it sinks in that it is really nothing special, and people start slowly dipping away from it.

It happens with all games these days, this game is no different. Thus far only 2 days into headstart I have already had about half the people in my Guild that left for Headstart log back on WoW and say things along the lines of "Ehh its an alright game, nothing special." Most of these people are GW1 Veterans aswell.

I'm going to give this game about 2-3 months before I even contemplate buying it, just to see how well it "holds" people. But after what I felt in BWE I'm unsure if I really even want to pay for the game.

OW NO! Imagine that, people are happy about a new game! Your guild isn't, so the happy people must be wrong /headdesk

So far, best mmo to play in headstart so far, SWTOR left me with a feeling of meh. Rift left me with a feeling of "Why does this remind me so much of warhammer" (which is a good thing!), and this one finally gives me a sense of new ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Flame on fanboys.
    Flame? Nope, we are not wow-fans. After reading your post I am glad you didnt like it and I hope you stay with WOW for a long time.

To the topic:

Yes, ANET did a real good job, they have proven to be bold and innovative, not stealing ideas from others or recycle the same gameplay style for years. The ban wave for the bad language makes me happy, as it shows they truly care for the product and most of all for their community, which is not in the position of a milking cow, but a partner. Their communication surpasses anything I have seen yet from a mmo developer by miles and their passion and creative energy is felt in each inch of the game. I love the fact that the lore is more... intelligent and truly fantasy like and that the whole game is really based on skill and not on class or gear.

I truly hope they will hold up this standard for a long time as I am ready to support them in any way possible for this amazing piece of art and entertainment.
    My wife came to me and asked: "What have you done to the poor cat? She is half dead..."

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Well, still better than any other MMO currently out. By the way, the 'who else is disappointed' thread is that way.

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post

WoW was harder and more fun to level with an immense world to explore. Once upon a time. My sylvari elementalist in GW2 reminds me of my first vanilla wow days through teldrassil, darkshore, ashenvale. It was a terrific feeling I thought I'd never experience again, until this weekend playing GW2.

I love the game for now, but really, there is no gear ladder/tier-based raiding. Unless GW2 releases a TBC expansion lol. That's too good to be true.

Are you level 80 already? Have you beaten all the dungeons? No? I thought so...

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    OW NO! Imagine that, people are happy about a new game! Your guild isn't, so the happy people must be wrong /headdesk

So far, best mmo to play in headstart so far, SWTOR left me with a feeling of meh. Rift left me with a feeling of "Why does this remind me so much of warhammer" (which is a good thing!), and this one finally gives me a sense of new ideas.
    I didn't say happy people are wrong, seeing as though the rest still have not come back. All I said is there is always a trend like this for new MMO's and seeing my guild and with my facebook newsfeed with people saying they are not too impressed by the game, plus on top of playing in BWE myself and finding the game fairly mediocre it just seems like a game that will not hold attention for very long.

Sure some people like it and are enjoying it, but it is far from "THE BEST MMO EVAR CREATED!!1111oneonenone" just from seeing the amount of negative feedback thus far.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!