Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    You never have a shadowpriest heal full time, but casting a few PoH's or a single pws here and there when shit gets tough is within reason, or situations where you lose a healer and the fight gets impossible because of it without you stepping in, then yeah you're suppose to step in and heal. It's the same thing for Ele Shamans and Boomkins.

Here's a few example of how you could do it in DS:
    Hagara Lighthing phase
    Spine on rolls.
    Sure, let's agree to disagree then. Leader chose x number of healers for that fight, guess what, THAT'S IT. IT SHOULD SUFFICE.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Sure, let's agree to disagree then. Leader chose x number of healers for that fight, guess what, THAT'S IT. IT SHOULD SUFFICE.
    To beat a heroic encounter on progression, you need to have X raid dps and Y raid healing, also Z healing/raidcds during burst raid damage mechanics.
    If the leader chose A number of healers and B number of DPS, you will eventually beat the encounter after you've learned how to execute phases and have gotten enough gear to a) to theoretically beat the encounter at all and b) to create margin for error since nothing ever is perfectly executed, especially on progression.
    By not providing utility that your class has (in case the encounter demands), you're nerfing your raid team in terms of progression.
    Last edited by Celentes; 2012-08-27 at 08:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celentes View Post
    To beat a heroic encounter on progression, you need to have X raid dps and Y raid healing, also Z healing/raidcds during burst raid damage mechanics.
    If the leader chose A number of healers and B number of DPS, you will eventually beat the encounter after you've learned how to execute phases and have gotten enough gear to a) to theoretically beat the encounter at all and b) to create margin for error since nothing ever is perfectly executed, especially on progression.
    By not providing utility that your class has (in case the encounter demands), you're nerfing your raid team in terms of progression.
    I agree, however I'm pissed off by the comment that every shadow priest should have off-spec heal. It's bullshit.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

I agree, however I'm pissed off by the comment that every shadow priest should have off-spec heal. It's bullshit.
    I think what Yilar meant was stepping up with healing in case of oh-shit situations, not to have a healing offspec as is.
    I, for one, don't have a healing offspec. Ok, maybe technically I do, but I didn't enter healing spec since levelling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celentes View Post
    I think what Yilar meant was stepping up with healing in case of oh-shit situations, not to have a healing offspec as is.
    I, for one, don't have a healing offspec. Ok, maybe technically I do, but I didn't enter healing spec since levelling.
    Idd. You don't change spec at all, you become an emergency healer who steps in when shit is very hard or when a healer dies. If the fight requires 5 healers, then you bring 5 healers. You don't bring 4 healers and then convince the shadowpriest to switch to a different spec (unless he has an idea at what he is doing and wants to do it)

No one said every shadow priest should have a healing offspec, read the post properly before u reply.

He's saying you can emergency heal if need be WHILE IN SHADOW SPEC.