10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Character Biography: Brother Grimgor

Disclaimer: Here goes nothing This is my first time trying something like that, as i am a total noob, i would kindly request your suggestions to improve my work here.

Name: Grimgor, Brother (as a title)

Race: Dwarf, Mountain Dwarf subgroup, Stormpike Clan (connection by father's bloodline)

Languages: Common, (a very bad and fractured) Dwarven

Class: Discipline Priest of the Holy Light

Faction: Brotherhood of Light, Cathedral of Stormwind, Alliance

Personality: Grimgor is mentally unstable, mad is as the town folk addresses him. Although people may refer to him as a completely crazy man, actually he is very logical and can asses any situation well enough and act accordingly. But his speech is very confusing and most of the times irrevelant or not understandable. Sometimes he speaks in riddles or mostly logical parts cut out sentences. Deppressed childhood because of a lack of family. Very zealously devout. He utterly trusts Brotherhood of Light and command chain within it. He finds purpose to live in serving others, even with his last breath. Loyal to the Alliance and King of Stormwind. Silent most of the times, tries not to speak if it is not totally important, because he realises his ability to speak is not paying out well for him.

Grimgor is an orphan, raised in Stormwind City, in the Cathedral of Light. He speaks very well Common, but knew no Dwarven up untill lately he spoke to merchants of dwarven district and learned some bits about dwarven language. He also lacks the knowledge of commons and traditions of dwarven community, because he was raised among humans. He is totally loyal to the King of Stormwind, and would do anything for brotherhood. His dwarven ties are very weak, but still he knows they are his kinsman and always welcome them like he does to any other alliance member. Aggressive against Horde.

Likes/Dislikes: Likes beer but hates losing himself to alcohol's effects so he drinks only one or two cups at a day. He likes to stay with his brothers in cathedral and pray, rather than acting himself. Has a great distaste for Horde members, especially Undead since they are aberrations for him, this also applies to Death Knights. Oh, and there is 'Jambiya', his best friend.

Appearance: Standard male dwarven size. Red/orange hair and beard. Light brown/orange eyes. Bald at top, hairy head sides and pony tail at back. Usually wears white robes like rest of the brotherhood. He wields 'Jambiya', a simple dagger that was enchanted with holy energies, so it glows yellow. Allways carries a torch with him and allways lights it in darkness. He likes the idea of 'bringing light to dark places'. Here is a pic from him, imagine a white/grey robe instead of the one on him:

http://i46.tinypic.com/sb7vnk.jpg

Strengths/Weaknesses: His mental illness is his greatest weakness: At his stature, any other brother could become bishop. But despite his devoutness and hard work in cathedral, he is allways considered a 'guest' and never a full member. That is because he is mentally unstable and does not carry the most important feat a priest should have: Being a good speaker and lecturer. Still that does not bother him, because he is not staying with brotherhood for stature, he is there to have the feeling of being at home with family. His greatest strength comes from his racial ability: His trip to Northrend (see the history section for details) paid off far better than he expected, and he gained a new unique ability that no other priest could have. Once he uses his inner force to turn to stone form like any other dwarf, he can use Power Word Barrier and extend Stone Form's effects to anyone enters it. That ability opens new oppurtunities for him to heal and protect people: He could stop bleeding, disease effects and poisoning on a large number of people in an instant.

History: Now that is a long one. I'll try to cut it short as a summary here, and write the long (and more emotional) version as a diary below.

His father is an unknown soldier of the Stormpike clan, died shortly after his birth, in a skirmish at the infamous dark iron homeland. His mother was ill, and only managed to reach Redridge before inevitable death. Little child was brought to Stormwind cathedral by a passing-by brother of light. There he was given to the orphanage untill reaching teen age. He was later adopted to the cathedral of light by a bishop, and raised as a brother of light. Bishop realised his unstable mental condition, but seeing it was totally unharmful, and even given his condition he was able to perform many of holy spells with adept skills, he decided him to stay. Peaceful and monotonous life began for him, filled with daily duties, training and prayers. He spend many years that way. Troubled people and adventurers came and gone, filling cathedral with news of the outer world. Through training he chose the way of pain suppression and holy protection, seeing protecting self or people from harm was way more logical than trying to recover from wounds it may inflict.

Troubling events put an end to his life of solitude. Brotherhood of Light tasked him with assisting mages of stormwind in a quest that would lead him to the adventure of his life. Soon his chase brought him to Elwynn Forest, Redridge, Westfall, Duskwood and later even to the lands of Gilneas. His simple quest of retrieving an old spell tome turned into a ghost chase for Scythe of Elune. It further brought him to Northrend, where he met Earthen and there learned his ultimate ability. Later endeavor ended up killing Arugal for a second time. At this point he lost track and returned to cathedral of light for the second time, empty handed. Much to his jolt, he had a sour reception, which led him into deppression and he closed himself back to his tiny world of hard work and solitude again.

But fate did not let him close himself up forever. Deathwing made his ultimate move and like everything else, Grimgor's life of solitude had to change. What reality he will face, or what madness he will delve into?

Diary page 1

This is a book but it is empty.

Bishop gave this to me. So i can write. Like we do in class. On scrolls. This is a book. Like the tomes. But this is empty.

I will fill.

Diary page 2

I write better. Than speak. I try to speak but the other boys laugh at me. My speech must be funny.

Diary page 4

Bishop was drinking. This funny thing. Makes my eyes fuzzy.

Diary page 8

I did pain suppression today. Bishop was angry and hit the candles. Fire. I turned into clay. Like pottery.

He said it was "axident". What it means? I don't know. But it must be something when you are angry. His eyes were dark, and i saw his hand.

He pushed the candles.

Diary page 16

I learned pain suppression today. Then what was it? What i did when i was smaller?

Diary page 35

Now i can go out of cathedral, i am a "big boy" they said. Hair coming from chin. Itchy.

Diary page 37

I met a merchant today. He was dwarf, like me. He told me i was able to do "Stone Form". That must be the thing i did earlier.

Because today i did it again.

Diary page 45

My training done today. No need to train anymore they said. I love Brother Sona.

He allways gives me beer.

He told me of my uncle. 'Rifleman', he said. He said he knowed him.

He died at 'Kalimdor'. 'Archimond and World Tree' (seems copied from a scroll)

I will pray for him. For a day.

Diary page 50

I saw a 'gnome' today. Had a wierd thing on his head, nothing like Stormwind humans' hats. Wierd folk, even smaller than us.

Diary page 68

'War effort' everybody says. We walk house to house. Collect wool and silk.

Diary page 75

They told me. My cousin died at a place named "Silithus" (seems copied from a scroll). Rifleman, he was. Like his father.

I will pray for him. For a week.

Diary page 88

I have an human friend. Name is Gut. Met him while drinking in The Golden Keg. He laughs a lot to me. But does not think i am mad.

First one ever.

Diary page 95

They told me today. Gut died somewhere named 'Bloodmyst Isle'.

May the light be with him.

I will pray for him.

Diary page 107

They did not let me pray for him. Not long enough!

Brother Benjamin said Bishop Farthing wanted to see me.

I talked to him. He gave me a task.

I am to visit some mages in the Academy of Arcane Arts.

Diary page 108

Archmage Andromath gave a task to a young human mage. His name is Cule.

I am to accompany him. To the Tower of Azora. They gave me a map. Small mark in the forest.

Diary page 110

I bought a torch from Goldshire. That Cule fellow did a spell on me. Said it would fix my head.

It did not work. Although my writing is better. I can think more words, faster and better. That is something.

I don't like darkness. Things lurk in the forest at night. We must reach tower by tomorrow.

Diary page 111

We reached by the dawn. A tower full of gnomes.

Archmage Theocritus greeted us there. He seemed to be expecting us.

He told us a story of 3 mages: Himself, some 'Archmage Arugal', and this one he called "Morganth".

They were working on the Archmage Ur's tomes. Mages and their baubles..

This 'Morganth' seems to be the bad brother. Stolen a tome. They want it back, they want it bad.

Built a tower in Redridge. Tower of Ilgalar. Mages..

Theocritus requested our help. Gave us a task about collecting trinkets from some 'gnolls'. Mages and their baubles..

He gave me a trinket. Warm to touch. He speaks to my mind through it. Fearsome yet effective.

Diary page 113

We reached Redridge at noon. Small town, many problems. Bridge destroyed. Orcs, murlocs, gnolls everywhere.

We spoke to Mayor. He begged for help. Cule refused. He seems so eager for his quest. He does not see the desperate people here.

Diary page 114

Ambushed by orcs! Filthy heathens!

We barely made it back to town. Cule is useless in combat. That orc with a bow shot him 8 times before he could cast some magic missiles. That did no damage. Lucky he had me chanting power words. Light protects us.

But we can't go on like that. We need to find a protection or distraction.

Diary page 117

I met a gnome mercenary pack passing by the bridge. A warrior, a gunner and a warlock. I hired them for protection.

They call themselves 'Rusted Rifles'.

I had little money for expenses. I think protection is a good expense.

We cut through orcs on the road. We got ambushed by some gnolls. No problem.

We reached a sawmill. Made camp here for night.

Diary page 118

We met an human hunter in the morning. He had a weird red head band. And orc skulls hanging on his belt.

He told us that Orcs captured 'Northwatch Castle' with help from Morganth. Evil he is. He then made an army of gnolls and attacked them.

Cunning.

He is in the tower now. But it is 'impenetrable' hunter said. I don't know how this hunter knows so much.

Diary page 119

New orders from trinket, in the morning. I divided our group.

Gnomes to kill gnoll leader, and collect necklaces.

I am to go to the lion statue. Outside that tower. Put down the trinket of Archmage. He will do the rest.

Cule to go to orc castle. Climb their tower and put his trinket there. He said he had a potion. 'Invisibility' he said.

I hope he can survive that.

Diary page 120

That fool Cule. He almost died.

His potion failed and orcs found him, right after he placed that trinket, he says. Did 'slowfall' down the tower, got 3 arrows shot in the back. Spell dispelled. Fell off to the lakeside. Will and his gnomes slided down the slope and they had to cut down some nasty murlocs to reach his body.

Lifeless he was, when they brought him back. Took out arrows. Knelt and chanted the sacred words. Light embraced him.

He coughs now, but still alive.

This is my first revive.

Diary page 121

Back to camp for night. Will said they found some nasty big gnoll back there. Their leader he said. Name is 'Fangore'.

Big prize on his head back in the town he said, shaking the bloody bag. Gnomes had some scars. From the fighth with it. I healed them.

I paid their money, 2 whole silvers. I got 52 silvers left now.

Tomorrow they will leave for town. Only mage is left.

Diary page 122

More orders from trinket this morning.

Archmage wants Morganth dead. Like he would give us the book otherwise.

He said he could read his mind now. Thanks to runes he placed with trinkets.

He said we must do it as fast as possible.

Moving to that tower now.

Diary page 123

That fool Cule!

He was still wounded. Coughing a lot.

He did not listen. He rushed to tower.

Many gnoll dead on the way. Gnomes did well. Way to tower clear.

Than he rushed in the tower. That Morganth had demons guard him! Demons! Curse be them!

Demon hounds rushed him. He casted his Arcane spells. They did no damage to dogs. Dogs bited him to death.

I was late.

They attacked me too. I chanted the power word, and shielded myself.

Then stabbed their faces with my Jambiya.

They drain mana. Curse them demons! I must rest now. Drinking last beer.

Morganth is upstairs. Laughing.

Diary page 124

I killed Morganth. He summoned an abomination! Curse be undead, unholy filth!

Nothing is stronger than Holy Light. I casted, and that aberration ceased moving. Shackled where it stood, burning with holy ties.

Morganth shielded himself with Fel Armor. Demon toady! Nothing stronger than holy light!

Channeled the light in me. To the palms. Than to him. Holy justice rained from sky. Burned him. Then smitten him to death.

Found the book on the table: "Ur's Treaties on Shadow Magic"

Now back to Theocritus. I must carry the Cule too.

Diary page 127

That fool did not believe me. Untill looking through his fancy crystal ball.

Left that book and Cule's body there. Not my task to carry.

Archmage thanked me. I tried to ask him. Why we killed Morganth? With so rush?

All he said was "He was looking for Scythe of Elune.". What is it? I don't know. Some fancy trinket maybe. Mages..

But Elune? Is not that Elven god?

Confused. Gonna report that to Bishop Farthing.

SECOND TOME

Diary page 1

Ran out of pages. I write a lot. More than i talk.

I bougth this from Goldshire. Back to Stormwind i go.

Quest done.

Back to cooking fish. Clean the floor. To prayers.

Diary page 2

Bishop Farthing yelled at me.

Said "Failure".

That because that fool Cule died. It was not my fault!

But his face changed. When i said "Scythe of Elune".

His glare.

He said he would ask Elves about it.

Diary page 17

Uncle Grimand bought a ram for me!

He said it was a gift. I am so happy!

A snow white ram. A real Alterac breed.

Took a ride around Park District.

He is not my real uncle but.. Wish he were.

He also taught me a bit more dwarven.

Diary page 20

Bishop Farthing called me.

I go. He spoke. Gave me a new task.

He said he recieved news. From 'Darnasus'.

He said Scythe of Elune was a very important artifact. Also very dangerious.

He said Morganth was looking for it to destroy Stormwind. Such powerful? How? I don't know.

Elves were also looking for it. Sent someone. To find it.

I need to find that woman. Name is Velinde.

To the Duskwood then it is.

Diary page 21

Bishop gave 40 silvers. For the task. It must be important.

Nearly 1 gold i have. I feel rich.

Money is for the task. Not for beer. Gotta remind myself.

Took the ram from stables. Faster than walking!

I'll reach Darkshire by midnight.

Diary page 23

Ambushed by this weird creatures. Wolf-men. Howling. They came from bushes. Jumped on me ram.

It smashed one of them's head in. I fell off.

My torch fell to hole with water. Darkness.

Fear i felt. Shaking came.

Then a light. In the bitter darkness, a light. Nightwatch he yelled, drove the beasts off.

He had a torch. Like me. Bold human.

My ram was wounded, on the ground. I knelt, chanted the holy words. By the light, it was healed. Ankle bad. Hobbling.

Human took me to town. It was close.

Handed my ram to the stable. Looked at ankle. Said he would fix it. Paid some silvers.

Going to inn for night.

Diary page 25

Could not sleep. Bad dreams. Wolf-men.

Fearsome they were.

I got up. Gone out. Still dark? They said it was allways dark.

Darkshire. Good name.

Bought some mushrooms. End of my Alterac Swiss.

Found the Mayor, Commander and the Clerk.

Talked to 'em all. All are horrified. This place is pure evil. Darkness covered the day. No light. Dead roam free. And worse, the beasts.

I know how to fight undead. I can turn them to ash. But wolves?

I need help.

Diary page 26

Some mad man released an abomination. On the town it attacked. Lunatic!

Many brave man of Nightwatch rushed to face it. With torches in hand.

I got out as i heard it. Rushed to fight evil filth.

I channeled holy light. To my arms. to my palms. And to the aberration!

Like Brother Sona taught me. 'Penance' flow. Like water. Spinning as it goes. Burned it in the stomach!

Giant fell. Everyone cheered. They thanked me. I healed the wounded. Some were infected. I cured their disease. Brave men will live.

Saw Will and his Rusted Rifles. They were also fighting the thing. They had a dwarven rogue with them. New member he said.

Female? I did not know our race had a female.

I think she liked me. Brena her name.

Diary page 27

I talked to the beast hunters: Master Carevin.

Cruel looking eyes. But he smiled. When i told him i was a priest.

Knew the name 'Velinde'. Does not know about Scythe. But showed one direction: 'Roland's Doom'

'Worgen is there' he said, 'In packs'.

I could not face them alone. I went back to inn. Recruited Will and his boys once again.

And the gal.

Diary page 28

We reached Roland's Doom. It is a cave. Dark.

No light in there. Only howling and growling.

We are in the bushes.

Will rushed in. Boys after him. Brena looked at me. And ran.

I felt something.. Strange.

Hard to tell. Even writing.

May the light protect me. Us.

(Part of the bottom of the page is burnt, seems like he lit his torch and fire jumped on page by accident)

Diary page 30

I made it.

First there were shaking. I could not move. Then suddenly shaking stopped.

They were fighting inside. Without me. I ran in, with my torch lit. Jambiya on the other hand.

It was so dark. Light from Jambiya could reach wall.

Then i found them. Will and the boys.

There were many bodies around. Filthy wolf-men! Curses be them!

Will had claw wound on his face. Gunner passed out in the corner, but seemed in one piece.

Warlock was out of mana. Sittin in the dark room. Drinking.

Will was knelt down. Near a body. Of black clothing. Brena it was.

I.. My heart felt heavy.. And like stabbed..

But i was not the one who fighted.

It was her.

Diary page 31, continuing from last page as obviously last entry did not fit in one page

I tried to heal her.

But a voice. Shriek. Echoed in. Our torches dimmed.

Something was outside. Coming.

Turned back. It was coming. Eyes of red. Body of a wolf-man.

'Worgen!' Will yelled, he tried to get up. But crumbled. Blood everywhere.

Warlock cowered.

I stood up. Yelled the sacred words. As high as possible. Holy light covered my Jambiya.

I was the light. In the darkness.

Burned that flea-bag with holy wrath. Feral filth!

Shrieking, rushed at me. Casted pain suppression. Didn't feel his claws. Pain was just.. Gone.

Stabbed it with Jambiya. Holy light burned its wounds. Pushed me away.

Painful roar. It hurted. But not enough. It prepared for last attack.

So did i.

Diary page 32, continuing from last page as obviously last entry did not fit in one page

Shut my eyes. I remembered Brother Sona.

'No path is darker than the one taken eyes shut' he said. And i remembered. The power. Within light.

Chanted last rite. Holy light infused me. It came out of my eyes. Out of my mouth. Out of my body.

Like i was burning. Like a torch. A light, in the darkness.

Holy energy bursted. To my arms. And to the filthy beast. Spiral flow burned it down.

Its corpse fell to my feet.

So did i, atop its corpse.

That is the last i remember. Of that cave.

Diary page 33

We buried Brena.

Only if i had more mana.

Only if i worked. Harder.

Only if i were not. A coward.

(Signs of dried tear drops could be seen on the page)

Diary page 37

Velinde is gone. Vanished. Nowhere to found.

Only this locket. From that cave.

She is dead. I guess.

Back to town. Will want me help them. "A quest from Lord Ebonlocke" he said.

To end darkness. In Duskwood.

To kill the 'Morladim'.

Diary page 42

We found this weird guy, on the road. 'Jitters'

Nuts like me. Jumpy. Paranova.

Talked about some 'Sven' guy.

And Roland's Doom.

Shaked him a bit.

Told me he knew that place.

And he saw 'the Scythe'. Touched it. Fool!

Beat him a bit. Says he knows not where it is. Seems true.

Gotta find 'Sven'.

Diary page 45

Found Sven. Mad.

Lost family. 'Dark Riders' he said.

Scourge? Worgen? Confused.

He said "We need to kill Morbent Fel. He is the source of evil.". Another mage gone bad.

Also works with riders. To find Scythe. Maybe he has it now?

And he raises the undead. Evil filth!

"He has a barrier." he said. We need an holy artifact.

Diary page 48

Sven said we need lightforge.

Where? No one sells.

He said Velinde came by sea. Must be ship. Off the coast. Westfall.

Need to check. Maybe there? Priestess, afterall.

Will agreed to help me.

Diary page 56

Past some weird tower. Weather shiny here.

Crops are dried. Weird crow-chasers. Walking around.

Some bandits. Tried to rob us.

Gunner shot one down. Will killed other.

Shiny, but weird place.

Diary page 58

Reached the shore. Ship gone?

Walked around. Saw some planks.

Must be sank! Too much murlocs around.

Will put that weird helmet on.

Breath under water he said. Looks funny.

Waiting for him to return.

Diary page 65

We found it. Some shiny metal ingot.

Lightforge.

Now we need someone. To forge.

I know one. Uncle Grimand!

To Stormwind i go, Will and boys back to Sven.

Meet them there. After forge.

Diary page 78

Uncle was so happy!

Asked thousand questions. Could answer few.

He made a holy torch with it. Shiny!

Back to Sven now. Gotta finish my task.

Diary page 88

Sven, that guy 'Lars', me, boys.

Found some grave robbers. Attack with shovels. Mistake.

We reached the house. Of the magi. Huge skeleton. At the door.

Glowing sword. Thick armor. "That's Morladim" Will said.

Gunner shot. It rushed us. Bullet did no damage.

Swing crashed on Will's shield. Nearly cut it. In two.

Sven swing. Hit his knee. I chanted, tried to tie him. Shackles could not hold.

Lars stabbed with spear. Fiend broke it with his hand.

Warlock sent a bolt of shadow. No effect.

Holy light was only cure. I started chanting. Holy fire rained from sky.

Screamed with agony. Came for me. Pain suppression. Chanted power word, shielded myself.

Swing. Threw me away. Hurt bad. But i stood up fast.

Chanted, casting, smiting him away. Will attacked from behind, chop its head off.

He took his sword. Loot.

Resting now.

Diary page 89

Mage. Immune?

Heh. He die as easy.

Shielded himself. Inside the old house. Swords did no damage.

But torch.. Lightforge holy torch.

Burned him alive. Screaming. Boys sliced him apart.

Sven was happy. "No more darkness" he said.

I looked everywhere. No Scythe. Nowhere.

I will not fail again. I can't.

Only lead left. "Arugal"

At this point, Grimgor's last tome ends as it has 100 pages and there are no more entries. He has a third tome, but i will tell you now how he lost it.

Grimgor, realising the Scythe was no longer in Duskwood, decided to go on the trail Velinde left: To find Archmage Arugal. After some research done in Duskwood and Stormwind libraries, as well as information gathered from magi of Stormwind, Grimgor learned that Arugal was court mage of King Greymane, who shut his entire nation down with a giant wall. He decided to face any peril, and to find Arugal at all costs. He was rumored to be in mysterious Shadowfang Keep, luckily just outside of impenetrable Greymane Wall. Grimgor offered payment for their services and asked Will and his company of adventurers for escort, but they refused money and made an honor pact with Grimgor on his noble quest. Grimgor and his companions traveled across the deep run tram, and for the first time in his life Grimgor saw the Ironforge, home of his ancestors. He did not stay there for long, as duty was calling, and his hopes of finding the Scythe was fleeting. Bu he met a dwarven paladin initiate named Bordung who was also instructed to bring some rare materials from the keep. He agreed to join the team so they moved on. They mounted up from there and rode to the Dun Algaz mountain tunnels and to the Wetlands. They saw the deadly blunderbuss battle raging between dark iron dwarves and mountaineers at Dun Modr. They passed over the half-destroyed Thandol Span, and throught the beautiful Arathi Highlands. Scenery and diversity amazed the dwarf priest as he was witnessing both unimaginable beauty and cruelty at the same time. Blood was flowing like a river across the battlezones of the old continent. They stopped for no battle whatsoever, for none were theirs. They even saw the weird mass of people that was wearing funny colored armor and robes, fighting each other to death at the middle of Hillsbrad Foothills. Avoiding any fight, they reached to the Pyrewood Village of Silverpine Forest, by the morning. Everybody in the village looked weird, and somehow tired. They directed the group of adventurers towards the "Silverlaine Keep". Unsuspecting travellers thanked them and moved on, only to encounter a dalaran mage being attacked by a pack of feral worgen. Almost immediately recognizing the vile beasts, group rescued the female human mage named Ember from the attack. After healing her light wounds, they introduced themselves and their mission, and they became shocked to learn that Pyrewood villagers were entirely cursed by Arugal to become worgen at night. They were lucky to enter there in daylight. Ember later informed them of the dire situation of Kirin Tor forces that was left outside the Transitus Shield, and reconstruction process of Dalaran inside. There were horde forsaken attacks each day, and worgen attacks each night. She informed them to be aware of traps and perils of Shadowfang Keep, and madness of Arugal. Learning that Arugal was able to bring froth more worgen, Grimgor was totally convinced that he had the Scythe and he needed to be stopped anyways. Ignoring warnings of the young mage, gallant party moved up to the dark keep. After hard fighting and overcoming almost impenetrable resistance, they reached Arugal. They had a really hard fight, and lost Warlock and Gunner to Arugal's curses, and Grimgor barely could stop him with all the power he had. But, his assumptions were wrong, and Arugal had not the artifact. Grimgor fell to total desperation, as it seemed his entire voyage was for nothing. They throughly searched the castle, to no avail. Without any choice left, they left the castle, and buried Arugal's remains alongside with their companions, at the outskirts of Pyrewood Village. That was the end of third tome of Grimgor's diary. But before they could finish their job there, a group of forsaken troops and their horde allies came, and ambushed the wounded and tired group. They murdered the dwarven paladin and gnome warrior, but left Grimgor with mortal wounds, barely breathing. They severed the head of Arugal, probably for some hefty prize, and left the bodies of the group for food to feral worgen. While looting, along with his valuables, they took the third tome of Grimgor's diary, he had left prior two at his bed back at cathedral, so that was the one he was carrying with him up untill there. They could not touch Jambiya though, because it was enchanted with holy power, it burned anyone that touched to steal it. Thus was the end of his noble quest, but before he would die, Ember found his body lying in the woods, and brought him to the Ambermill for medical care. They managed to stabilize his condition, but before further healing could be done, village got raided by a band of horde adventurers, and as a last act of compassion, Ember opened a portal to Stormwind and rolled his body inside it. That was the last time he ever saw her.

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS, I WILL CONTINIUE. SOON.
    Last edited by The Madgod; 2013-01-16 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Thousand reasons!

I love that screenshot . . . . So . . . . I don't know. Looking pretty good . . . I'll read it more thoroughly when I return from this dark place called work. -_- XD
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the comment mate! Encouraging

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks good, enjoyed reading about him. I'll have to find time to read those diary entries, probably after I finish writing my novel of a history on my character. But yeah, looks good!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks mate! That is just the beginning of his diary. I will be forced to add additional tomes as it seems Oh and i would love to read your novel if that is available to us
    Last edited by Mengucekli; 2012-08-24 at 09:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, just check out Jorn Wildmanes Bio page. It's still in progress, but hey, hopefully it will be done soon.
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

Looks really good so far. I image the Twilight Prophet will be quite the blow for your little dwarf's head. But I must admit the diary is hard to read. Keep it up never the less please

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorianas View Post
    Looks really good so far. I image the Twilight Prophet will be quite the blow for your little dwarf's head. But I must admit the diary is hard to read. Keep it up never the less please
    Considering that 'the Bishop' who brought him back in to brotherhood after orphanage years is no one else but the todays infamous Archbishop, oh boy it definitely will mess with his inner world. A life of hardship has been bearable only for the feeling of family he found in brotherhood, and he gets the biggest blow from his most trusted figure. Effects yet to be seen!

On the diary note, i just realised it was very hard to read, so i will make some adjustments to make it easier to read. Many apologies for the nuisance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love it. Especially since I remember the quests, characters and locations referenced. Has it been so many years?
    Nice John J. Keeshan cameo too.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's an awfully long Diary, but in all honesty, fairly nice..I haven't roleplayed in ages...so forgive me if I'm not giving my best review but here it goes.

I do like the idea of a mentally challenged person without it being a complete idiot who goes " WHERE IS MOMMY I LIKE CAATT THAHAHAH" it's more of a man trying his best but the problem is..his best isn't good enough.

I also like the fact that he isn't completely heartbroken by a lack of family, I understand why people would do this but some roleplayers just go and destroy the world because of lack of attention, the fact he's a priest of all things is very interesting, unique also.

and Finally, I love the fact you referenced alot of places. Can't wait to see the Archbishop turn his back on him..for his quest for Power..or as he says it "THERE IS ONLY POWA"
    Howay the lads!

Quote Originally Posted by Mengucekli View Post
    Considering that 'the Bishop' who brought him back in to brotherhood after orphanage years is no one else but the todays infamous Archbishop, oh boy it definitely will mess with his inner world. A life of hardship has been bearable only for the feeling of family he found in brotherhood, and he gets the biggest blow from his most trusted figure. Effects yet to be seen!

On the diary note, i just realised it was very hard to read, so i will make some adjustments to make it easier to read. Many apologies for the nuisance.
    Well I thought your diary was intended to be hard to read. I just wanted to express the feeling that it indeed is. The narrative fits. maybe get it formatted better, but by any means keep the style.

On the Bishop note, I would not let him have a closer relationship with Benedictus. Ties to Lore characters are something that the Forum rules do usually not allow. But with the rambling and all the real nature of the relationship is hard to distinguish. Maybe add this to the plain text/ out of character history? I really really like the diary, but for discussion your characters history, it makes it hard for us, since it is in character.

edit: just recognized the formatting on the story is already better.
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2012-08-27 at 09:28 AM. Reason: see post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobsagget View Post
    I do like the idea of a mentally challenged person without it being a complete idiot who goes " WHERE IS MOMMY I LIKE CAATT THAHAHAH" it's more of a man trying his best but the problem is..his best isn't good enough.
    Are you kidding? You should hear him speaking.. "Rock-headed thumb fish!" is an insult )) On a serious note, thanks for the comment, i am so happy you liked it. And not a bad review neither, you managed to catch every little point i tried to put in that character while writing. I seem to be successfull with striking the balance between sanity and unstable condition, which is good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorianas View Post
    Well I thought your diary was intended to be hard to read. I just wanted to express the feeling that it indeed is. The narrative fits. maybe get it formatted better, but by any means keep the style.

On the Bishop note, I would not let him have a closer relationship with Benedictus. Ties to Lore characters are something that the Forum rules do usually not allow. But with the rambling and all the real nature of the relationship is hard to distinguish. Maybe add this to the plain text/ out of character history? I really really like the diary, but for discussion your characters history, it makes it hard for us, since it is in character.

edit: just recognized the formatting on the story is already better.
    Well my bad as it seems i misunderstood your statement I thought seperating the entries and boldening the page titles would make it easier to read.. formatwise I thought that was the problem but if you point out the sentence logic consistency, trust me, his speaking is far worse. You should have seen me RPing with him, joining a new guild and trying to recruit people for his quest. No one could have understood a thing he said

On the problem with ties to Benedictus, well i realise the problem there very well. That is why i tried to keep it as distant and lightweight as possible. NOt every RPer could have a major lore character as his uncle/bro/mom or such right? Let me explain their relation here a bit, so you can get a clearer picture, i will later update the bio with some explanation for his diary entries, both for people new to this stuff or unfamiliar with Scythe lore, and for vague points / gaps that cannot be covered by diary. He actually does not know who Benedictus is. He only sees him in big rituals and ordinary stuff, with the rest of the crowd. By the time he was adopted back to the brotherhood, he was a mere youngling and Benedictus was a promising new Bishop. Neither Grimgor realised/cared for who was taking him in, nor
    Benedictus made close relations with him. He was walking by the fountain in front of cathedral, saw little Grim playing around, saw he was of age, and brought him as a potential recruit. He probably did that to a lot of children because Brotherhood needed more members by then. That is the only connection. Grimgor does not remember who took him in. He just remembers being in that Cathedral for like ever. They did not interact with each other untill the day Grim stole some beer and Benedictus accidentally dropped a candle holder on him. That is the point where i tried to point at the dark side of Benedictus. They never interacted with each other again. Later Benedictus assumed the position of Archbishop.

Maybe i have gone too far? Feel free to comment, as it is not an important part in his story, i can easily scrap it out. Now to think of it, it is best if i kept Benedictus out of this, to avoid making things personal. I will keep the Bishop that took him in anonymous. That will be better eh? Consider i took back what i said in the earlier post.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Love it. Especially since I remember the quests, characters and locations referenced. Has it been so many years?
    Nice John J. Keeshan cameo too.
    That strange hunter. He went north-west. To the caves. He said there were orcs there. Never seen him again.

Ahahaha i was going to add this line, scrapped at the last minute Didn't want to make it so obvious You sir, on the other hand, are old. Like me. Yes, it has been so many years. I remember the day i walked in that keep full of elite orcs, with 3 gnomes and a human mage I think one certain gnome rogue did not really grasped the mentality of a rogue, he kept shooting that boomstick of his at orcs No wonder it took us ages to clear that keep Good Old Noob times
    Last edited by Mengucekli; 2012-08-27 at 11:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mengucekli View Post
    That strange hunter. He went north-west. To the caves. He said there were orcs there. Never seen him again.

Ahahaha i was going to add this line, scrapped at the last minute Didn't want to make it so obvious You sir, on the other hand, are old. Like me. Yes, it has been so many years. I remember the day i walked in that keep full of elite orcs, with 3 gnomes and a human mage I think one certain gnome rogue did not really grasped the mentality of a rogue, he kept shooting that boomstick of his at orcs No wonder it took us ages to clear that keep Good Old Noob times
    Haha, awesome. Should add that line I'd say. :P
    Mmm. That keep, and more specifically the warlocks in it, taught me, a fledgling dwarf warrior who'd eventually become a proper tank, the meaning and value of Line of Sight.

I swear, the moment I realized I could lure spellcasters into melee range by shooting them, then hiding behind an object? (And learning which objects actually influenced LoS? Some trees didnt, bigger ones did!) It was the biggest eureka moment. I felt like the genius god-warrior of legend, and all without stacking INT.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-08-27 at 12:15 PM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoyed reading the diary, I think it conveys nicely why Grimgor does what he does. I'm looking forward to it being continued

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that I've had a chance to read through the diary (yay slow day at work!) I must say, bravo sir, bravo. I much enjoyed it, and I think it worked excellently to give insight to your character. I loved how it expanded on his description without taking anything away. Plus it was fun to read, at least for me, in sake of how he kind of stuttered and meandered around in his train of thought. It should be fun trying to RP with him, even if my main character is technically one of those "Rock-headed thumb fish" of his.
    My RP Characters:

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks people, i really am fighting tears back at the moment. Thanks for the encouragement! But remember, i took the inspiration from all of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    You took inspiration for your mentally handicap and partially deranged character from us? That was meant to be a compliment? :P
    My RP Characters:

I, personally, have thoroughly read the entire BIO, and love what you've done. As everyone else pointed out, his mental issues aren't a problem, but an inspiration, and being a priest, with no family, raised in the Cathedral of Light . . . Quite a story. I also love all the references to the old quests/storyline. Good times, good times. I remember levelling my paladin . . . Back when Paladins were Alliance-only, as the Shaman were Horde-restricted. O.O Love it. You're doing a fantastic job so far. The diary entries are the funnest, IMHO.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knephertiti View Post
    You took inspiration for your mentally handicap and partially deranged character from us? That was meant to be a compliment? :P
    But he has a good heart Hehe just kidding. I just meant that i found the courage to write a bio inside of yours. By yours i mean each and every one of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by xMexyragosX View Post
    I, personally, have thoroughly read the entire BIO, and love what you've done. As everyone else pointed out, his mental issues aren't a problem, but an inspiration, and being a priest, with no family, raised in the Cathedral of Light . . . Quite a story. I also love all the references to the old quests/storyline. Good times, good times. I remember levelling my paladin . . . Back when Paladins were Alliance-only, as the Shaman were Horde-restricted. O.O Love it. You're doing a fantastic job so far. The diary entries are the funnest, IMHO.
    Thanks mate! Happy to see you liked it