Just need something cleared up

Hi,

Why do I always get these ques popping up saying you can now join overflow and other places? Like it's transfering you to another server or something with different people in. Then my guild mates said they couldn't add me to the guild because I was in a different area to them. And that I needed to join where they were...I'm kind of lost and a tad confused. Sorry for the bad example.
    Last edited by Vsml; 2012-08-27 at 11:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vsml View Post
    Hi,

Why do I always get these ques popping up saying you can now join overflow and other places? Like it's transfer you to another server or something with different people in. Then my guild mates said they couldn't add me to the guild because I was in a different area to them. And that I needed to join where they were...I'm kind of lost and a tad confused. Sorry for the bad example.
    When your server is full, you will (instead of having to wait in a queue like in wow/swtor/rift) play on a backup server with other people who are in queue. This also happens when you go to another zone.

After a while you will be able to teleport to the real server.

As for the guild thing, guilds are a bit buggy atm, but they're working on it.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

You're getting messages that you're currently in the overflow server when the "real" server is full. When the slots clear up, it gives you a message to join the "real" server from the overflow server.
    Last edited by Grable; 2012-08-27 at 11:51 AM.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.