Thread: "Class changes"

Deleted

"Class changes"

Take a look at the current front page of MMO-C. You'll see a tab named "Class changes", a set of links that lead you to all sorts of sites explaining the changes of your class, showing you the new talents, etc...

Compare the rogue links to all the others......
    What a sad sight.

We're the only class that actually doesn't seem to have changes worth mentioning at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe 'cos we, sir, r perfect.
    LoL j/k.
    Violence awaits. You can burn with me in hell. Viva la hate!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    Take a look at the current front page of MMO-C. You'll see a tab named "Class changes", a set of links that lead you to all sorts of sites explaining the changes of your class, showing you the new talents, etc...

Compare the rogue links to all the others......
    What a sad sight.

We're the only class that actually doesn't seem to have changes worth mentioning at all.
    Burst of Speed and Subterfuge <3

Remember when they first revealed the new talents; every class got major cheers and whooping.

Then the rogue talents were revealed, it became apparant you had to choose between ShS and Prep, and everyone just sat in horrified, stunned, speechless silence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthlet View Post
    everyone just sat in horrified, stunned, speechless silence.
    sounds exacly when every1 encouters a rogue in a BG or arena

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    sounds exacly when every1 encouters a rogue in a BG or arena
    Please. Any hunter worth his salt will put a rogue to shame, just to name a class.

That is not to say that the class wasn't imbalanced and required tweaking. I felt that the fun was sucked out of the class of late, and I'm glad they're moving away from the cookiecutter specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw this coming when I saw the front page the other day...

Honestly though, I think we've gone and had our QQ about the lack of changes and some of the few issues that really plague our class. Isn't it enough yet?

I have a feeling blizzard might throw another pity legendary at rogues in mop to bolster the number of players again because they are hellbent on not changing anything they set in stone back in vanilla.

The reason there is no link to rogue changes on front page is that there is no post in the rogue forums detailing them. All of the changes links went to a post in respective forum for that class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    The reason there is no link to rogue changes on front page is that there is no post in the rogue forums detailing them. All of the changes links went to a post in respective forum for that class.
    I'd say the reason for there NOT being such a post(s) is exactly due to the lack of changes, and therefore, the lack of need for such a forum post.
    I mean...

I can count the amount of "gameplay changing"-changes MOP will bring on one hand. To be specific, with 3 fingers. RV was slightly altered, Assassination got a proc, and Sub now has to keep up Rupture manually to keep up SV.

The gameplay largely remains the same and we haven't seen any heavy changes to any of our mechanics. We don't have a large thread, containing all our changes, because let's face it; It'd be a very small list of changes.

I see MOP as more of a hotfix for rogues than a real expansion. We're seeing some QOL issues being resolved, but the class as a whole remains untouched.
    Last edited by mmoc0d3e61e7f2; 2012-08-27 at 09:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    I'd say the reason for there NOT being such a post(s) is exactly due to the lack of changes, and therefore, the lack of need for such a forum post.
    I mean...

I can count the amount of "gameplay changing"-changes MOP will bring on one hand. To be specific, with 3 fingers. RV was slightly altered, Assassination got a proc, and Sub now has to keep up Rupture manually to keep up SV.

The gameplay largely remains the same and we haven't seen any heavy changes to any of our mechanics. We don't have a large thread, containing all our changes, because let's face it; It'd be a very small list of changes.

I see MOP as more of a hotfix for rogues than a real expansion. We're seeing some QOL issues being resolved, but the class as a whole remains untouched.
    which is honestly probably the best thing. remember when they added HaT and how bugged it was? or when they added HFB and how damn TEDIOUS it was to keep it up?

This feels like a thread thats simply made to whine, I dont understand the point of it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    when they added HFB and how damn TEDIOUS it was to keep it up?
    it was not tedious to keep up a buff by using your feral druid, warrior, or marks hunters bleeds.

Deleted
    we got swirly ball back !

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    I've written the Rogue guide I just need to confirm a few things tomorrow when the patch goes live before it's released (I'm EU). Currently it's hosted in my Rogue section of my guild website :P

It's not a political statement stating "Rogues got no changes, ergo don't need an updated guide"...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssith View Post
    it was not tedious to keep up a buff by using your feral druid, warrior, or marks hunters bleeds.
    no i ws refering to pushing a button once every 14 seconds to maintain a 9% damage buff (or whatever it was, it varied in buff ammount as a knob by blizzard).

Quote Originally Posted by Ssith View Post
    Are you being sarcastic? You know there's no such thing as 'keeping up Marks hunter bleeds' right?

Quote Originally Posted by Luthlet View Post
    Are you being sarcastic? You know there's no such thing as 'keeping up Marks hunter bleeds' right?
    you know that back in wrath, the time period when HFB existed, marks hunters procced a bleed with their autoshots, right?