Page 47 of 112 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    Well that's what I think people think, because they're so used to being TOLD where to go and things being linear in terms of zone progression. As in, you have no motivation or reason to go to Durotar if you already over-leveled it from when you cleared a different starting zone.

It's sad to see it. I've actually had no problem, and have been progressing linearly through zones without going to other starting zones. BUT, that's because I do 100% completions, and also decided to 100% Lion's Arch, and explore a lot. I'm embracing the game in a way I feel they meant it to be played, despite what everyone else is doing, or the actual intent.
    I think you hit the nail right in the head earlier. In other MMOs, gathering, crafting, etc., is optional and a lot of people don't like to do those things. In gw2, if you want to level efficiently, you have to do those things, they are not really optinal. That's bad design in my opinion, not everyone likes to do those things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    The problem with that is, hearts are a guide, not a metric for completion. When you get to Orr, there'll be zero hearts. Are the people who want hearts done=done with zone going to go to Orr and decide there's nothing there to do? The game is in the dynamic events, the hearts are there to give a somewhat guided experience to people so they're not completely lost or overwhelmed, but they shouldn't expect to get to any level because of them.
    Zero hearts, fine, then you are going to go where the level range allows you too. That's what the hearts really do right now, they show you will to go by pointing out the level range of the area. And yeah it does down level but it doesnt up level. So it is guiding you, hearts or no by the level of the mobs.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    I think you hit the nail right in the head earlier. In other MMOs, gathering, crafting, etc., is optional and a lot of people don't like to do those things. In gw2, if you want to level efficiently, you have to do those things, they are not really optinal. That's bad design in my opinion, not everyone likes to do those things.
    No, they're completely optional. There are tons of ways to level in GW2, if you choose not to do some, fine. But if you choose not to do 8/9 of them and then complain that the one method you do choose isn't sufficient...well, that's on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to go to the Norn area 1-15, and then the charr 1-15 area when you've completed that, you'll still get the same amount of experience, you don't have to jump norn->charr->norn->charr->norn etc, due to scaling.
    Except I did, because I ran out of things to do to level in the Norn area at like 16 then had to do char for awhile to be able to go back and do more in the norn area that was too high for me to do. I cant go in the norn area from 1 place to the next to the next because I am not leveling up fast enough to fight the mobs in those new areas. So I have to do another zone, and you shouldnt.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    What does being able to level from 15-25 in one zone marked 15-25, to use as example, have to do with any of that? You'd hit 25 faster, you could still go back and look around, in fact there is so much content that you would end up doing that anyway.

The problem is that the XP gain from a zone should be enough to level up past that zone. It's making you have to go to multiple zones, and bounce back and forth between at least 2. Lvl 15-16 hearts in Norn, then lvl 15-16 hearts charr, then back to Norn for 17-18, then back to Charr. The level experience of the zones sucks because the XP given doesnt allow you to move through the zone naturally, but rather forces you into other zones.
    See: Second half of my post. I didn't have to go to LA, I was the right level for each zone. And, you can be below the "suggested" level and still do fine in DEs, as you're usually not the only one doing them. I'm actually baffled as to how people stay "underleveled"...I'd say in order to actually merit being unable to do a 15+ zone, you'd have to be 12 or below.

And yet people who play for 3 days or less can easily state the game isn't for them, combat sucks, etc. Seems like a double standard.
    You cant argue with WoW fanboys dont even try. No matter what they will use one of the following to try and prove that WoW is somehow "better"

1. This game is just another WoW clone
    2. It will never have 12 mill...oh wait thats 9 million now accounts
    3. Lol see you back in WoW next month
    4. Combat feels clunky because I dont have my half screen of addons telling me what to do and when
    Last edited by Alilei32; 2012-08-27 at 07:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bah no more feeding the trolls. Leveling experience sucks because it does not give enough XP to naturally move the player through the zone. The End.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how people are running out of things to do..I got XP for everything I did and I've only touched the norn zones so far.

EVERYTHING.
    Personal story, Vistas, Dynamic events, tasks, points of interests, crafting, good ol' exploring, gathering. EVERYTHING gives XP.

I have yet to even touch wvw and underwater combat.
    Last edited by Snow White; 2012-08-27 at 07:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadanon View Post
    Ye - GW2 is the first game in a long long long time where Im not rushing through the content - just enjoying it - exploring and looking at fantastic vistas all over the place. ANd I can do that because I dont have to rush to some "endgame" and I dont have a month sub to worry about. I will do it in my own time and progress at my own pace.
    If you don't want to do endgame than why do you rush in other games, are you just plain retarded that you can't decide for yourself to enjoy the game at your own pace? I'm doing the same thing I would in any other MMORPG, running around killing stuff and walking from point A to point B.

And sub fee has jack shit to do with how much a game allows you to do fun...don't use it as an argument. If you are low on money and you can't pay for the game than it's not the games fault that you are low on cash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    You cant argue with WoW fanboys dont even try. No matter what they will use one of the following to try and prove that WoW is somehow "better"

4. Combat feels clunky because I dont have my half screen of addons telling me what to do and when
    I would argue that it's equally as hard to argue with blind devotion. Just saying.

Walking into a game blindly without participating in any betas or testing with high expectations is always dangerous.

*In my opinion*, GW2 takes the best things from some of the greatest RPGs out there and compiles them in such a clean and polished way that we hardly notice the "grind". Given the fact that the majority of its players are, in fact, coming from WoW, will really make or break its success based on how much they compare and contrast it to WoW, which is sad really. To them it's either going to be too much, or not enough like WoW.

It's a game in and of itself. Entirely different world, mechanics, story, grind, pvp, crafting and experience as a whole. Just keep that in mind and you'll really start to open up to it and get immersed in it i think.

For those of us who really needed a break from WoW, or not and have been looking for a worthy MMO, i think it's safe to say... JACKPOT.
    Dinkin Flicka.

And yet people who play for 3 days or less can easily state the game isn't for them, combat sucks, etc. Seems like a double standard.
    Not liking it and the game not being good are two completely different things, noone playing right now can judge the games effective quality.
    However you can decide you do or do not like what you have seen until now, statements that it is "THE BEST MMO YOU EVER PLAYED" though, are just overexaggerated for effect and meaningless.

---------- Post added 2012-08-27 at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post

1-3 aren't arguments. 4 is a fact you should just accept and has nothing to do with addons.
    However that does in no way prove that wow is better just that in this one instance it exceeds GW2

It remains to be seen which one is the better game or if they are even compareable.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    Not liking it and the game not being good are two completely different things, noone playing right now can judge the games effective quality.
    However you can decide you do or do not like what you have seen until now, statements that it is "THE BEST MMO YOU EVER PLAYED" though, are just overexaggerated for effect and meaningless.
    Really? I'm not allowed to claim I like it better than any other mmorpg Ive played?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really disappointed by the party system so far. I don't like being stuck in different instances than the people I'm playing with, I don't like being made to run in hugely opposite directions for our personal quests, and what really grinds my gears the most is that you basically have to be on top of each other in the world to generate a mini-map dot for the other player, so when we are actually on the same quest in the same instance I'm constantly having to ask, "Where are you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Really? I'm not allowed to claim I like it better than any other mmorpg Ive played?
    Not without anti-GW2-members approval!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Sure you can say that you feel right now that it is the most fun you ever had in an mmo, subjective to the warm glow of something new.

I liked swtors leveling experience more than any mmo before while i was in it but it turned out to be a long crapfest in the end.
    And in retrospect discounting experiences after i do not even consider it the best leveling experience.

---------- Post added 2012-08-27 at 08:33 PM ----------

Not without anti-GW2-members approval!
    I havent even played the game, how can i be anti ?
    Just pointing out random fallacies :P

Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    I'm really disappointed by the party system so far. I don't like being stuck in different instances than the people I'm playing with, I don't like being made to run in hugely opposite directions for our personal quests, and what really grinds my gears the most is that you basically have to be on top of each other in the world to generate a mini-map dot for the other player, so when we are actually on the same quest in the same instance I'm constantly having to ask, "Where are you?"
    This is a recent problem that I am sure will be fixed. Last BWE the party system was pitch perfect, and you could see the mini-map dot even when they were in a different zone.

This will literally be fixed asap (in MMO time). So, probably either this week or next. I would not be surprised if they dropped a hotfix before tomorrows launch.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, well its 2 days in, I guess one could say its maybe a bit too early to say, you could probably say its the best start to an MMO you've ever seen but really MMOs are judged on longevity not the quick fix. Not saying your wrong, its your judgement call, you can ofc claim it, but its not really much credence to some peopel due to the short time frame.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-08-27 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadanon View Post
    Ye - GW2 is the first game in a long long long time where Im not rushing through the content - just enjoying it - exploring and looking at fantastic vistas all over the place. ANd I can do that because I dont have to rush to some "endgame" and I dont have a month sub to worry about. I will do it in my own time and progress at my own pace.

Ya I havent had much time to play during the head start. But I found myself going through divinity's reach for I would say...at the very least...ninety minutes looking for vistas and waypoints. Just gasping in absolute AWE at how absolutely amazing looking this game is. Best part is I was rewarded with experience for finding those waypoints and other stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Orcatron View Post
    Interesting, I feel the game is completely opposite what you said. All we are doing is following a scripted pve grind and pubic quest gauntlet of events, completely mindless if you ask me. Nothing open end about it.

I know the game is new and youre really exited. We all want to think it's the greatest thing ever, same stuff we say with every previous game. But damn, this is the same or worse than the wow model, other than the WvWvW pvp que.

Mindless pve grind following a scripted path of events. The PVP is it's saving grace.

if a sandbox mmo were possible, it would of already been made.

shit, they're even making an Elder Scrolls mmo and it isnt sandbox, its even got a hotkey attack system like WoW for that matter, lol.