10+ Year Old Account

New Computer. Can you look over this for me?

Hi there!

At the end of October/September I may (Hopefully)be buying a new Computer. I have compiled a list of parts can you please double check them for me? Thanks.

EDIT: Current system
    i5 750 @ 2.67GHz
    Gigabyte p55-ud3r
    8GB Corsair RAM
    MSI NVIDIA 560 Ti GTX 1GB OC

New system

PSU: Seasonic M12II 620W Power Supply
    Cooling: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler or Corsair Hydro Series H60 CPU Cooler (Is liquid cooling necessary?)
    CPU: Intel core i5 3570K @ 3.4GHz
    SSD: Corsair Force Series GT 120GB SSD
    HDD:Western Digital WD Black 1TB WD1002FAEX
    GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Overclocked 2GB
    Case: CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced or CoolerMaster HAF 912 Advanced

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard
    Optical drive: Samsung SH-222BB SATA DVDRW Drive OEM
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3
    OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64bit with SP1 OEM

Total: ~1,701 AUD

From https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php

Thanks for your time!
    Last edited by Terranullis; 2012-08-28 at 04:43 AM.

I have the Hyper 212 EVO and it is a pretty large cooler. Depending on how you orient the cooler you might not have enough space for 4 RAM sticks. I have the fan side pointing towards my ram and I am only able to use 2 sticks since one of the slots is covered by the fan. There are two solutions: use a low profile set (with smaller heat spreaders) or buy a 2 stick solution 2 x 8 GB.

You're wasting probably 40 bucks getting another 8Gb of Ram if this is just for gaming. I would stay away from the Green series HDD also no where near as reliable or performance compared to a Black or Blue, and personally Ive had to replace quite a few in our business computers here at work. I would recommend getting at least a WD Blue Drive if you plan on running anything off it. Corsairs is a great brand but havent read to many reviews on their SSDs I would stick to the trusty Crucial M4s or Samsung 830s right now.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    I have the Hyper 212 EVO and it is a pretty large cooler. Depending on how you orient the cooler you might not have enough space for 4 RAM sticks. I have the fan side pointing towards my ram and I am only able to use 2 sticks since one of the slots is covered by the fan. There are two solutions: use a low profile set (with smaller heat spreaders) or buy a 2 stick solution 2 x 8 GB.
    Yeah I have the TX3 Evo now and that's pretty big.. I'll have to have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by demonskies View Post
    You're wasting probably 40 bucks getting another 8Gb of Ram if this is just for gaming. I would stay away from the Green series HDD also no where near as reliable or performance compared to a Black or Blue, and personally Ive had to replace quite a few in our business computers here at work. I would recommend getting at least a WD Blue Drive if you plan on running anything off it. Corsairs is a great brand but havent read to many reviews on their SSDs I would stick to the trusty Crucial M4s or Samsung 830s right now.
    I use Photoshop/Illustrator as well, should I go middle ground and get 12gb, or just stick with 8?

And I'll switch to the WD Black.
    Last edited by Terranullis; 2012-08-28 at 02:08 AM.