Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best condition class?

What class can do the most condition damage? It seems all of them have traits that can buff condition damage but does any one class stand above the others? Also is a condition build viable for leveling? Stuff seems to die so fast because every mob gets zerged by 12 other people unless you are 10+ levels ahead of everyone else. So then it seems that using traits to increase power or crit would be the better choices than spending points on conditions because they wont tick for much damage with mobs dieing so fast. But for PvP I could see them being good, so which would do the most condition damage when specced properly?
    Last edited by Alilei32; 2012-08-27 at 10:19 PM.

Deleted
    Probably a staff mesmer or a necro(dunno what weapon).

Deleted
    Hmm don't know about the best but out of all classes ive tried im just inlove with my guardian <3

Staff Mesmer can throw an abusive amount of conditions around but has no control over them. Necro can do it too.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

necro is good, not only can they do a lot of condi damage. they get alot of buff/condi utility. a condi necro is also very good vs other condi specs
    gw2 is a great game

Quote Originally Posted by beanz View Post
    necro is good, not only can they do a lot of condi damage. they get alot of buff/condi utility. a condi necro is also very good vs other condi specs
    Yea but necros seem to be winning the "QQ my class is underpowered" award right now, at least according to a few forums. At first I thought every class complains they suck but necros seem to be screaming the loudest.

Deleted
    I play condition ranger with Axe/Torch - Shortbow and it owns. So much power in aoe and very good for leveling. I intend to stick with my current build.

Quote Originally Posted by Selkon View Post
    I play condition ranger with Axe/Torch - Shortbow and it owns. So much power in aoe and very good for leveling. I intend to stick with my current build.
    I also play shortbow ranger and pumped up my condition damage and just own things soloing with bear pet.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-08-27 at 11:28 PM.

Noone mentioning Engineer here?

Dual Pistols gives you:

Bleed
    Poison
    Confusion (or w/e it's called, deals damage on skill use)
    Burning

+Flame Thrower, Flame Thrower Turret, Regular Turret (secondary activation gives it bleeding attacks), Grenades have Burning and Poison, Mine Kit has Burning and Poison too iirc, Asura racial gives you two more poison skills (at least), Elixier Gun had some stuff too iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    Noone mentioning Engineer here?

Dual Pistols gives you:

Bleed
    Poison
    Confusion (or w/e it's called, deals damage on skill use)
    Burning

+Flame Thrower, Flame Thrower Turret, Regular Turret (secondary activation gives it bleeding attacks), Grenades have Burning and Poison, Mine Kit has Burning and Poison too iirc, Asura racial gives you two more poison skills (at least), Elixier Gun had some stuff too iirc.
    Thought about one but would prefer a cloth caster. Unless engineer is a lot easier to play.

Deleted
    The Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    Yea but necros seem to be winning the "QQ my class is underpowered" award right now, at least according to a few forums. At first I thought every class complains they suck but necros seem to be screaming the loudest.
    That's weird, I don't think they are *that* underpowered. I took on one of the big Oakhearts by myself earlier, while others classes died. I've also had a lot of, "oh shit" moments, but came out alive.

I would say necro, mesmer probably can throw out more random conditions though they have no control over.

I understand how they feel after playing the necro but they do good damage it's just it's hard to notice because it's done over a period of time and lack any "burst" spells, but people probably didn't understand this and that's why they're complaining so much.

It's such a good profession just people need to know how to play it.
    Last edited by NeonX; 2012-08-28 at 12:21 AM.

Deleted
    I wouldn't worry about that at all.

certain classes attract a certain kind of player, and the necro got it all - ranged class - pets - "evil" aesthetics. The whining says everything about those players and nothing about the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post

certain classes attract a certain kind of player, and the necro got it all - ranged class - pets - "evil" aesthetics. The whining says everything about those players and nothing about the class.
    The necro has pretty good burst if you wield a staff. All the marks are instant damage + effect (conditions/buffs), so if you're not playing tactically within a group, you can just spam marks until things die. You can virtually spawn 4 marks, use your 1 twice, use 2 again, spam 1, switch to Dagger + offhand (whichever), use your 3, then your 2, 4 and 5, switch back to staff and repeat until everything is dead. You might need 6 + 7/8 depending on your setup and the amount of mobs.

The only issue you'll have is against ranged mobs, due to partially relying on slows/immobs to prevent incoming damage, which won't work on ranged opponents. And, the dagger "1" attack is also pretty decent, but it will put you in melee.

I see the necro becoming one of the few classes that might really rely on +healing (off"spec" set of gear), due to a reasonably spammable Mark that basically HoTs everything within it's range. The heal doesn't seem to be all that bad, especially considering the purpose of losing the Holy Trinity.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-08-28 at 06:59 AM.

Deleted
    The condition part is pretty balanced between most classes, but i would say Necro and Warrior shines, and while thief can do great condition damage aswell they still don't have the toughness to be as viable with it...

Quote Originally Posted by Amanaki View Post
    The condition part is pretty balanced between most classes, but i would say Necro and Warrior shines, and while thief can do great condition damage aswell they still don't have the toughness to be as viable with it...
    This is so true. My dagger/dagger thief feels as if he's got a large red arrow pointing at a "VERY WEAK SPOT RIGHT HERE", because anything that actually hits me seems to be ripping me a new one, everytime.

Deleted
    The Necromancer can with Sceptre and Dagger stack up quite a lot of conditions for a huge amount of damage, particularly AoE.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fQAQ...CvPqAxA;TEAjFA

You can pull with the sceptre (1) and then drop Grasping Dead (2) and Enfeebling Blood (5), then Corrosive poison cloud (7) & Blood is power (8), followed quickly by Deathly Swarm, as 7 & 8 put conditions on yourself. Now your target has many conditions on it. Epidemic spreads them to all nearby mobs.

If you are lucky/quick, you can get epidemic off before the first mob dies. Then you just DS and hit Life Transfer and lol as everything around you dies.

Taking curse and spite traits is best for this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post

In sPvP terms, I think Necros have plenty to whine about, the pets are useless in PvP, the class severly lacks in certain areas like hard CC and mobility (the least mobile class in the game?), this was mitagated to an extent by death shroud, but they nerfed death shroud despite stating necro was one of the classes that "needed some love", they only really have on type of viable build for sPvP (condition builds) and so on.
    Last edited by mmoc1f2ad58cb4; 2012-08-28 at 08:33 PM.