Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    You should've played Vanilla, it took months to complete raid instances.
    To be fair that didnt have much to do with difficulty

Deleted
    You should've played Vanilla, it took months to complete raid instances.
    I did. In a 40 man raid twice a week. But the biggest problem back then was the typical once every 2 month loot and/or guild drama upon at least 10 members left and you had to recruit people in blue gear to fill the spots. Additionally every week someone else stopped playing for whatever reason (real life, lack of interest, mobbing, etc...). You were running Molten Core "test-runs" with your new recruits which 90% failed. Weeks of MC and BWL all over again to get them some loot for Ahn'Qiraj or even Naxx (3 drops per standard boss for a 40 man raid!). It wasn't particularly hard just insanely time consuming and frustrating.

/edit: The hardest thing I've ever done playing MMOs, was telling other people, who actually were really nice during test raids and had a lot of fun raiding and just playing together, that they can't join our guild because we were looking for more experienced people. Always broke my heart :/
    Last edited by mmocb7fc6c1c73; 2012-08-28 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    To be fair that didnt have much to do with difficulty
    The difficulty is not always about the fight alone, it's also about organisation (getting 40 people online and working together) and preparation (farming resistances, flasks, gear...)
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Guess I'll just wait for a good nerf or do it much much later when I'm more powerful.

The difficulty is not always about the fight alone, it's also about organisation (getting 40 people online and working together) and preparation (farming resistances, flasks, gear...)
    The difficulty of planning and maintaining a 40 man (really you needed 50+ "raiders") raid group of people who get together voluntarily for fun should be able to be used as a plus for being hired as management at any large company, imo. Getting people to be there, with their pots, flasks, and food, and do the same damn thing is harder than any boss mechanics I've seen to date.

10+ Year Old Account
    here is where the inbreeding wow has done really hurts..

let's face it

wipe = wow players leave

.......except this isn't wow

it's a pita to replace said player

you start noticing the damage, irreperable? damage wow has done to the gamer mindset by handing everything to them in a platter

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    The difficulty of planning and maintaining a 40 man (really you needed 50+ "raiders") raid group of people who get together voluntarily for fun should be able to be used as a plus for being hired as management at any large company, imo. Getting people to be there, with their pots, flasks, and food, and do the same damn thing is harder than any boss mechanics I've seen to date.
    Word. I still loved it though. Not really missing it in GW2 as it's not that kind of game, to stay on topic.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

I remember when Cataclysm was released, so much whine about how hard the heroics are. Fast forward some months, uh, the heroics are too easy. Fast forward now, god, the heroics are a joke. Just wait to fast forward some months here too. Nerfs will come, people will start learning things etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    I remember when Cataclysm was released, so much whine about how hard the heroics are. Fast forward some months, uh, the heroics are too easy. Fast forward now, god, the heroics are a joke. Just wait to fast forward some months here too. Nerfs will come, people will start learning things etc etc
    Why do you think Anet is going to nerf the difficulty? I certainly hope they dont. I think Blizz made a mistake nerfing their heroic difficulty as well. The heroics were completable before the nerf. The maximum anyone has played is 3 days. Let people learn their classes and learn how other classes gel with theirs before trying to say something is too hard.

oK guys ...... read this fourm before i did AC on explore mode.... took me about a hour and a half to clear it =/. dont understand
    the qq

*my group pick howling king or w/e lol forgot name, and we killed the dude in the middle for the fun of it.
    Last edited by Suffux; 2012-08-28 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Until you read it and realize the OP was level 25 and complaining that a dungeon, which is balanced around people being 30 (certain amount of traits, elite skill, actually being able to hit the target instead of glancing blows most of the time), was too difficult.

Better luck next time though
    You're pretty ignorant aren't you? I was level 42 when I attempted the dungeon yesterday. Don't believe me?

http://i.imgur.com/MtQJH.jpg

Better luck next time, buddy.

Deleted
    So let me get this straight, you complain hard modes in GW2 are hard? Amazing logic there.
    Hard modes should be hard. Because that's their point. Play easier modes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I pugged it and didn't even finish it. Failed on the encounter where you have to keep the guy and girl away from each other.

Our first try lasted forever, we kept dying, but could run back to keep trying. After that one try, people left. I don't think we were throwing enough boulders.

Was fun and reminded me a little of D3 style dungeons.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 12:58 PM ----------

I pugged it and didn't even finish it. Failed on the encounter where you have to keep the guy and girl away from each other.

Our first try lasted forever, we kept dying, but could run back to keep trying. After that one try, people left. I don't think we were throwing enough boulders.

Was fun and reminded me a little of D3 style dungeons.

The other bosses I did were fairly easy, I found trash harder, but when the group finally focused the same target, it was much easier.

Deleted
    For fucks sake the game is barely 3 days old and you're already calling stuff over-tuned?

The game is supposed to entertain players for months. Of course you won't beat things on your first visit.

God dammit are modern MMO players really that spoiled? What happened to week-long progression?

Jesus.....the fact that you cleared the first bosses probably indicates they're undertuned rather than overtuned.

Deleted
    WoWWW ! It was so hard that you have done most of the dungeon within 2 h. Amazing man. The spider queen must have beeen so strong, 20 minutes to kill her. Damn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    You're pretty ignorant aren't you? I was level 42 when I attempted the dungeon yesterday. Don't believe me?

http://i.imgur.com/MtQJH.jpg

Better luck next time, buddy.
    Easy now.. The person you quoted was refering to the link (a Reddit thread).

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Only one thing to say: Good.

Frankly, no-debuff 25-man heroic is too freaking easy for me.
    I know that you are the biggest GW2 fanatic and zealot on this forum, probably, but have you actually done any of the recent, or rather, Firelands/Tier 11 heroics when they were relevant.
    I'm not saying you haven't but from what I've played in dungeons and seen on streams, nothing comes close to say, unnerfed Heroic Ragnaros(And I'm not saying he was a good fight even, but he was hard for sure) If there is anything which requires the same amount of dedication in this game as unnerfed heroic Raggy(300-500 wipes), I'd love to hear it, would something I could work for even if I won't be able to kill it for a long ass time.

10+ Year Old Account
    ArenaNet said they wont nerf their dungeons, which is awesome. Explorable mode dungeons are meant for organized groups. And if you think AC explorable mode is hard wait til you get to the higher level ones.
    Last edited by MKing; 2012-08-28 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Autocorrect

Ok let me try and understand....

So there's no trinity, instead everyone is a DPS with some survival abilities. Most notably the ability to roll 2x in a fixed amount of time. So what we get is a situation where we try and avoid enemy attacks while doing as much dps as possible. If dmg is ranged, sidestep. If damageis aoe, move out. If dmg is melee, kite.

What makes an encounter harder here would be how hard it is to avoid/dodge/kite the enemy attacks.

Did I get that right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hatsune View Post
    Ok let me try and understand....

So there's no trinity, instead everyone is a DPS with some survival abilities. Most notably the ability to roll 2x in a fixed amount of time. So what we get is a situation where we try and avoid enemy attacks while doing as much dps as possible. If dmg is ranged, sidestep. If damageis aoe, move out. If dmg is melee, kite.

What makes an encounter harder here would be how hard it is to avoid/dodge/kite the enemy attacks.

Did I get that right?
    No for explorable modes you're probably going to need someone to focus on group support all classes have support capabilities.
    There's also bosses that someone has to offtank because if they get to close to the other boss they get more powerful.
    Also more than I could possibly explain in the thread.
    The higher level explorable modes require the same if not more skill and coordination than other games heroic raids.