Hanging with kids and waiting

So I have tried Assassination on the PTr for about a month and actually enjoy it again.

My question is who has tried both SUB and ASSASS and can they tell me what seems to play and feel like a more solidified PVP way to go.
    I think I might be playing Step Mut. But I really like SD for the burst. Not sure. Any hints or ideas woudl be welcome. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bombaday View Post
    So I have tried Assassination on the PTr for about a month and actually enjoy it again.

My question is who has tried both SUB and ASSASS and can they tell me what seems to play and feel like a more solidified PVP way to go.
    I think I might be playing Step Mut. But I really like SD for the burst. Not sure. Any hints or ideas woudl be welcome. Thanks
    Muti is sustained damage and comparable burst, Ive been running an assassination spec using Subterfuge prep and dirty tricks. Bleeding/poisoning then blinding is lovely.

Do you think step would be better for gap closer due to most specs and classes having a way to get away or even a knock back?

Quote Originally Posted by Bombaday View Post
    Do you think step would be better for gap closer due to most specs and classes having a way to get away or even a knock back?
    Depends on your style, both cloak and sprint can be construed as gap closers. I prefer survival, which prep adds a bit more than shadowstep.