Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Way too many abilities.

Why did the rotation have to become such a spam fest? BM in particular is just ridiculous...

along with the normal rotation of stinging, kill commanding on cooldown (which already feel spammy due to short cd), bestial wrathing on cooldown (quite short also), hitting focus fire on 5 stacks, cobra shotting to build focus and arcane shotting to focus dump, we now also are expected to:

- dire beast on cooldown unless thrill of the hunt talent is buffed to a point where it's competitive or better (dire beast on the GCD of course so not able to macro it to shots)

- crows / strike / lynx rush on cooldown (again on the GCD)

- once we're 90 glaive toss / powershot / barrage probably on cooldown (on the GCD too i'm sure?)

- not forgetting to Rapid fire every time that comes off cooldown

and not to mention READINESS to reset everything and spam it all over again!

All of this and that's not even including all the abilities we may use for survivability and boss mechanics during the fight........

wtf? am i missing something here? am i crazy to think this is getting ridiculous? surely you cannot find keybinds for everything you want to use without 46 buttons on a razer naga mouse? I remember near the beginning the game was still so good, when most classes had what, 10 abilities each?

survival and marks aren't far off this amount of abilities either..

Deleted
    I agree, a lot of small to medium CD's were added and it is a play style that I never really liked. Spriests talented in the right way are getting a lot of instants and not many CD tracking which for me probably feels more like the old hunter.
    Last edited by mmoce2532cddcf; 2012-08-29 at 03:11 PM.

It also appears to me that having a passive AND a push-button ability that directly affect DPS, such as Dire Beast and Thrill of the Hunt in the same tier of talents, defeats the whole purpose of avoiding cookie cutter specs.
    If they perfectly balance these two abilities in terms of dps, then isn't it safe to say people will be taking the passive ability to avoid another button to push? And if they were to make Dire Beast slightly more dps to try and off set this, then wont everyone just take Dire Beast and put up with the extra button just for slightly extra dps?

Yeah.. I was really confused on the rotation of BM, forgetting Lynx Rush and Dire beast multiple times, I can't even begin to think what it's like at 90 with yet another ability >.<

Also way too many keybinds needed

----Edit-----

Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    It also appears to me that having a passive AND a push-button ability that directly affect DPS, such as Dire Beast and Thrill of the Hunt in the same tier of talents, defeats the whole purpose of avoiding cookie cutter specs.
    If they perfectly balance these two abilities in terms of dps, then isn't it safe to say people will be taking the passive ability to avoid another button to push? And if they were to make Dire Beast slightly more dps to try and off set this, then wont everyone just take Dire Beast and put up with the extra button just for slightly extra dps?
    Yeah this is what they mentioned in a blog they wrote I believe. Paying more attention = more DPS. Same reason On-use trinkets can usually be worth way more in EP value due to proc/buff stacking. Example would be Engineering Glove enchant, on paper it's 80 Agi on average, but if you time it with, let's say, LnL, it would give far greater bonus, it will be easy to macro it to BW now also.
    Last edited by Tehterokkar; 2012-08-29 at 03:23 PM.

don't forget stampede

More buttons to do the same amount of damage as last week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ltm View Post
    Welcome in the world of other classes I guess (except mages, as usual, 2 buttons, one proc, and voilà !)

Quote Originally Posted by ltm View Post
    If you're doing the same amount of damage as last week, you're doing something wrong. It is most definitely higher.

edit: Maybe not in the magnitude that it is for a mage, but it is higher.
    Last edited by Spiralphoenix; 2012-08-29 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    If you're doing the same amount of damage as last week, you're doing something wrong. It is most definitely higher.

edit: Maybe not in the magnitude that it is for a mage, but it is higher.
    I can't confirm for sure as in raid, but on a level 80 target (as I don't think there's a level 88 or 85 anymore) I also did more damage. Especially on the first 30 seconds of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    Welcome in the world of other classes I guess (except mages, as usual, 2 buttons, one proc, and voilà !)
    Unless you PvE as sub, hope you don't imply rogues in this.

Otherwise yeah, quite a few new abilities to keep track of, personally i like it, the 3 button ezmode that was Survival pre-patch was terribly boring.

I did not know that thrill of the hunt was bad (did no real research yet) and took it. I spend so much time trying to dump focus and those stacks (as BM) with arcane shot that SS was falling off as usually you run out of focus use cobra to generate focus and refresh it, but I never hit this point. That being said anyone know best talent on tier 4 and 5 for dps output?

Dire Beast in T4 and Lynx rush (as BM) or Murder of Crows (as SV) in T5.

Thanks, better go fix that.

Deleted
    Agreed, i've played since vanilla but now im actually thinking about leaving this game.
    This is ridiculous...

Yeah, I am feeling a little overwhelmed.

I'm actually surprised that so many people are having issues. I found the rotation to be real easy, almost the same as 4.3 with some extra things.

1- Abilities can be macro'ed together. Rapid Fire and A Murder of Crows for example can be put on the same macro. Dire Beast and Bestial Wrath can be as well.

The core of a BM Hunter is still there, it hasn't been changed. You just have extra abilities now to play with. Give it a couple days to see what works and what doesn't.

Also the note on FF, a lot of people on EJ and other sites are saying not to use it at all. There are ways to basically macro your entire rotation as BM with some of the added CDs and still perform well.

Yeah I thought focus fire was a dps loss to use ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlance View Post
    Yeah I thought focus fire was a dps loss to use ?
    It is and it isn't. Depends how you cast it. It gives you extra haste if you do it with BW and helps your shots out. Overall just blowing when ever you want is not smart.

Macro dire beast into arcane shot

Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    Why did the rotation have to become such a spam fest? BM in particular is just ridiculous...

along with the normal rotation of stinging, kill commanding on cooldown (which already feel spammy due to short cd), bestial wrathing on cooldown (quite short also), hitting focus fire on 5 stacks, cobra shotting to build focus and arcane shotting to focus dump, we now also are expected to:

- dire beast on cooldown unless thrill of the hunt talent is buffed to a point where it's competitive or better (dire beast on the GCD of course so not able to macro it to shots)

- crows / strike / lynx rush on cooldown (again on the GCD)

- once we're 90 glaive toss / powershot / barrage probably on cooldown (on the GCD too i'm sure?)

- not forgetting to Rapid fire every time that comes off cooldown

and not to mention READINESS to reset everything and spam it all over again!

All of this and that's not even including all the abilities we may use for survivability and boss mechanics during the fight........

wtf? am i missing something here? am i crazy to think this is getting ridiculous? surely you cannot find keybinds for everything you want to use without 46 buttons on a razer naga mouse? I remember near the beginning the game was still so good, when most classes had what, 10 abilities each?

survival and marks aren't far off this amount of abilities either..
    My action bars aren't full and I have almost every ability on them... not too much for me. However I agree that there is a lot of abilities. My needtoknow has never been bigger lol.

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 09:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malvision View Post
    Macro dire beast into arcane shot
    How exactly would that work? they are both on the GCD and it may mess up your rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Dire Beast in T4 and Lynx rush (as BM) or Murder of Crows (as SV) in T5.
    I like fervor... although I'm not sure if it is a dps loss. I just like the burst I get out of it and since it's not on the GCD.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-08-29 at 09:15 PM.