Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Best 5.0.4 Warlock race

So probably a noob question, didn't spend a whole lot looking into it..

What would be the best race for a warlock Horde side? I'm thinking of rolling undead. I've been told troll for haste, but I'm not sure.

If you're using a pet, I gotta believe it's still going to be orc.

for demo -> orc
    for affli/destru -> hmm goblin got 1% haste, troll got 20% haste for short duration (but can be used with cooldowns), orc got spellpower buff, undead that proc thing
    i would still go orc, simply cos they look awesome with gear or undead for pvp reasons

orcs look weird with cloth, undead female > the rest

i heard UD got cranked up quite a bit with their new racial as a Lock. no source though

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    orcs look weird with cloth
    I think they look pretty cool.

And, from what I'm hearing,
    Orc for PvE
    Undead for PvP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurisaz View Post
    i heard UD got cranked up quite a bit with their new racial as a Lock. no source though
    Pretty sure the undead racial was nerfed down - it's something like a 250dps gain last time I checked - which is sod all in Cata, nevermind MOP.

Orcs are still 5% ahead of gnomes / undead, so go with an orc if you're after flat out max dps, especially if you're playing demo. Goblins are okay too, haste isn't bad (though it's weaker for affliction now, and can't compete with orcs for demo), but rocket boots are super good utility.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2012-08-29 at 11:54 AM.

Deleted
    Couple of weeks ago I switched from orc to undead on beta. Much much stronger in PVP. Blood fury is nice when bursting and hardiness in combination with the stun reduction meta is noticeable. But wotf wins games. Especially now that resto druids also have fear(symbiosis).

Touch of the grave is not that bad either. On level 90 it's 14k damage and heals you for the same amount. That's 3,5% of your health with full pvp gear (400k). Also soul link and dark bargain damage is shadwow damage and your racial reduces it by 1% which is not much but it's not useless either.

Undead males have the best casting animations and the best laughter! Go undead!

I'm a troll at the moment and Berserking is nice to time with Dark Soul.

Deleted
    Blood elf for the verdant spheres glyph :B

Quote Originally Posted by Whispers of Death View Post
    Blood elf for the verdant spheres glyph :B
    I got that as a troll...

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    I got that as a troll...
    He was more than likely making a reference to Kael'thas.

Orc still beats out undead in the PVE world with blood fury(spellpower"trinket" that can be used on cooldown up to t14 with dark soul and synapse springs(if you're an eng)) + command(2% pet dmg), but if you're looking to PVP I'd definitely go with undead for the passive dmg + heals + will of the forsaken.

If Undead is the 2nd best race PvE wise, it should be best if we're running GoSac (ie, Affliction)?

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 03:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    If Undead is the 2nd best race PvE wise, it should be best if we're running GoSac (ie, Affliction)?
    Nope. T13H Simcraft has UD 500 DPS behind, but it has TotG at 60s ICD when in fact it's 15s ICD. Still, that puts UD 300 DPS behind.
    Last edited by Rustjive; 2012-08-29 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    If Undead is the 2nd best race PvE wise, it should be best if we're running GoSac (ie, Affliction)?[COLOR="red"]
    exactly my thoughts. i thought affli was going do most dmg in t14 with GoSac

Quote Originally Posted by Thurisaz View Post
    exactly my thoughts. i thought affli was going do most dmg in t14 with GoSac
    The pet damage isn't the deciding factor there. 2275 spellpower on a 2 minute cd that can be blown with other cd's is going to put it ahead of the undead racial still.