Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    The top Arena teams are Warlocks
    Some people might be slightly tired of being support class. Stick us with healer, we're imba. Get in 1v1 (pvp realms, you know) or random bg, we're mushrooms. I would love to have a spec that might not excel at so-called high end pvp, but can defend itself incredibly well on it's own. Destruction in Cata barely was holding that with overabundance of cc which is gone. I'm silently hoping Demo will rise as the solo pvp spec now it isn't hindered by cast times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Wrathguard vs Felguard Head to Head Comparison [and other warlock testing]
    Thanks for that. We recently did another pass on warlock pet damage and found (and fixed) a few more issues. The most recent build that went up should have resolved the issues. Please test it again and let us know what you find.
    Now i can rest in peace...

To say that warlocks have been "dominant in ALL forms of pvp content" does not sound right. I would understand if you said high rated arenas, but all forms of the pvp content? What data is this based on exactly?

You could also replace "warlocks" with "affliction" in this context to be more accurate.

---------- Post added 2012-08-25 at 11:01 AM ----------

I was reading the now locked "let's talk about a few things" thread. It mentioned that some time before MoP beta they tried turning Demo into a tank spec (replacing it as a dps spec) and none of the testers liked that. It was therefore considered "surprising" that DA tanking was something that people loved in beta. There was even talk about the possibility of going back to making demonology a tank spec "because DA was so loved contrary to the early testing feedback".

Why is no one mentioning that DA feedback was almost completely positive because it was just a glyph and did not replace the dps spec. I am certain that there would have been a ton of complaints coming from demo warlocks if their favorite dps spec had been wiped out. Why would demonology players complain about a glyph that never did them any harm but only added more depth and options for them?

I'm sure many of the Affliction and Destro mains would love to have the option to tank as demo. They are seriously getting on my nerves with their "go ahead and turn demo to tank, we don't mind losing its dps"-feedback. How about we turn your favorite dps spec to a tank instead of demo? Not liking the idea any longer? Hell, I prefer doing dps as demo so maybe turn the other two to profession specs that support demo. Could make one of them good for fishing and the other one great for running between the bank and the AH, I don't mind!
    Last edited by 6kle; 2012-08-25 at 02:36 PM.

Deleted
    There currently is a bug with Wands and Metamorphosis: If you wear a Wand, you will not authit your target but instead have to manually right click the target for every single hit and every hit will trigger the global cooldown (it shows up as "Shoot" in the Combat Log). Basically, if you play Demonology with a Wand you will not get ranged autohits in Metamorphosis, reducing the damage you are dealing. Would be glad if this could be posted in the US forums, I can't post there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is no one mentioning that DA feedback was almost completely positive because it was just a glyph and did not replace the dps spec. I am certain that there would have been a ton of complaints coming from demo warlocks if their favorite dps spec had been wiped out. Why would demonology players complain about a glyph that never did them any harm but only added more depth and options for them?
    He did mention the Kitty-Bear balance issues of having them tied to the same spec tree. However much the Glyph changed the tree, there were always going to be concerns with that once they made DA cease to be exclusive to Meta.

Dumb question maybe but its the ranged "melee" in Metamorphosis scales with SP and haste? The information on WOWhead is

Melee Metamorphosis
    40 yd range
    Instant
    Requires Metamorphosis
    Your melee attacks become long ranged and deal Shadow.

Does this mean that we need a staff on Mainhand? This may sound retarded but from the tooltip it seems so

Another thing does service pets, wild imps and doomguard benefit from demo mastery?
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2012-08-26 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Dumb question maybe but its the ranged "melee" in Metamorphosis scales with SP and haste? The information on WOWhead is

Melee Metamorphosis
    40 yd range
    Instant
    Requires Metamorphosis

Does this mean that we need a staff on Mainhand? This may sound retarded but from the tooltip it seems so

Another thing does service pets, wild imps and doomguard benefit from demo mastery?
    "Melee" used to scale with weapon damage, but it was changed to a flat amount of damage plus a small percentage of spell power. It has a base 1 second swing time modified by haste. Weapon type mostly doesn't matter any more, but as SirFlipper pointed out above it's buggy with wands.

Yes, all our demonic minions benefit from the mastery bonus, including temporary ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallensaint View Post
    "Melee" used to scale with weapon damage, but it was changed to a flat amount of damage plus a small percentage of spell power. It has a base 1 second swing time modified by haste. Weapon type mostly doesn't matter any more, but as SirFlipper pointed out above it's buggy with wands.

Yes, all our demonic minions benefit from the mastery bonus, including temporary ones.
    Alright thank you when SirFlipper brought out the wand bug it made me think, but its better this way that it doesnt scale with weapon just SP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post

Melee Metamorphosis
    40 yd range
    Instant
    Requires Metamorphosis

NVM. I was probably wrong.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-08-26 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 6kle View Post
    I am certain that there would have been a ton of complaints coming from demo warlocks if their favorite dps spec had been wiped out. Why would demonology players complain about a glyph that never did them any harm but only added more depth and options for them?... I'm sure many of the Affliction and Destro mains would love to have the option to tank as demo. They are seriously getting on my nerves with their "go ahead and turn demo to tank, we don't mind losing its dps"-feedback. How about we turn your favorite dps spec to a tank instead of demo? Not liking the idea any longer?
    As the person who suggested this, I'll be more specific since this is the response I'm getting (as a demo main myself). I do NOT suggest "removing demonology DPS," instead I suggest merging (not absorbing) it with destruction to make a balanced spec. I wasn't going to post a specific but since people cant seem to get past my word "merging" (instead of "gutting") I'll give my "ideal spec."

This spec would play a lot more like Cataclysm demonology and a lot more like what destruction should play like. It is also more similar to Cataclysm destruction (all three specs of lock were pretty similar back then, eh?) and miles above MOP demonology and destruction... combined.

1) Immolate, Incinerate, Chaos Bolt, Conflagrate are still there. Doom and Soul Fire are "returned" (corruption is still out).
    2) Doom: Sustained DPS throttle. You Doom for sustained DPS. 1 minute slow tick DoT, snapshots and all. Summons wild imps which generate burning embers (yay).
    3) Immolate: adds embers slowly, and has a % chance to proc instant Soul Fire which generates moderate embers (just like live destro).
    4) Soul Fire: DPS loss to hard cast, you use it for instant procs (it's fun). It still crits and does more damage for crit (for fun).
    5) Embers generate much faster, but Chaos Bolt hits for a little bit less. (say, 30% less with 30% faster ember generation, or something like that).
    6) Chaos Bolt hits a bit milder (say 30%) but it's cast is similar to a backdrafted cast (moderate cast time) but it does not benefit from backdraft. Perhaps a 2.3 second base cast time.
    7) Chaotic Energy/Fel Energy = good. You want to Chaos Bolt on cooldown (just like in live destro) for a nice hard hit and mana regeneration.
    8) Dark Soul: still there.

Now the fun part: demonology was a cooldown spec, destruction is supposed to be a "burst" spec. So one of these additional cooldowns can be added and balanced around, for the "fun" that's missing in both specs right now:

a) Zinnin's Deadly Calm: 2 minute cooldown (can be shortened for balance/w.e). For the next 15 seconds, none of your abilities consume Burning Embers, but you continue to generate burning embers. This will basically do damage (since CB damage is nerfed) similar to a full train of chaos bolts in current MOP destruction but is on a cooldown. It is intended to hit *hard*, but you need to get off more chaos bolt casts to equal the damage. You can expect to get 7 chaos bolts off during this 15 second timer (if uninterrupted/debuffed), this would kill someone if they just stood there and took the hits (but they would obviously do something).

b) For a more "meta" like burst, Ritssyn's Fury: 2-3 minute cooldown (adjusted for balance/w.e). You generate double the normal amount of Burning Embers for 30 seconds. More chaos bolts basically, and a much faster-paced rotation. You also have more mana.

(you get one of the above cooldowns).

Again I'm not specifically asking for *this* but IMO, it was my "combination" of demonology and destruction for what would, in my head, be an ideal complement to affliction (which I feel, again, is a very well-done spec in MOP). Again, in my opinion best of both worlds, with very few of the "clunky" mechanics present in MOP demo/destro, and missing a lot of cataclysm problems with warlocks in general.

Deleted
    Does anyone know if we will get a stance ID assigned to Dark Apotheosis ?
    I can't found any post about this on the US beta-forums and the EU beta-forums.

That would be quite helpful for our macros but right now on beta we still only have the [form:2] matching Metamorphosis .

ps : I can't post on the US forums.

Demon is done in my opinion, great work with demonology, gonna raid some encounters at lvl 90 as demon, since it's the best movement-friendly spec

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo will def have it's fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need some help. What is the meta doom macro end meta?

Heroic Rathrak now bis weapon for demonology?

CASTER FORM

META

META W/ DARK SOUL
    Last edited by Zharradan; 2012-08-29 at 05:14 AM.

Iam having a probleam my Wrathguard is randomly getting aggro and I do have the threatning buff off... I dont know whats happening

10+ Year Old Account
    getting aggro off you or off the tank in your group?
    is it related to his cleaving gaining too much aggro from non-primary targets?
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-08-29 at 03:13 PM.

getting aggro off you or off the tank in your group?
    is it related to his cleaving gaining too much aggro from non-primary targets?
    Tanks in LFR

He is even getting aggro from bosses at LFR, it could be bad tanks but again a pet shouldnt take aggro even from crap tanks.

And I know threatning presence is a toggle its not in his buffs, I know aswell vengeance ramps ups slowly but atm every single trash pack he dies its hilarious I had to switch to aff pet-less.
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2012-08-29 at 03:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    How many charges can you get? The wowhead tooltip doesn't say.
    Mines gone up to around 23 stacks while I was having to move around a lot. Seems that you can just spam it once the boss is low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    Heroic Rathrak now bis weapon for demonology?
    And if you are a Gnome you get Expertise equalling Spell Hit by wearing a dagger or 1h sword.