Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Definitely opting for Wild Charge as opposed to the flat speed increase of Feline Swiftness?

Deleted
    Hey guys,

I'm just wondering what the rest of you are using to now track your bleeds/savage roar and such. I've always used FeralByNight but it seems that addon doesn't work with this patch, unfortunately. :/ Are there any addons similar to this?

15+ Year Old Account
    i use my eyes, and stander blizzard ui
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagzter View Post
    Definitely opting for Wild Charge as opposed to the flat speed increase of Feline Swiftness?
    I used the flat speed increase. Situationally I'm sure wild charge would be better, but without Stampede ravage it's kind of lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by -Atalanta- View Post
    Hey guys,
    I'm just wondering what the rest of you are using to now track your bleeds/savage roar and such. I've always used FeralByNight but it seems that addon doesn't work with this patch, unfortunately. :/ Are there any addons similar to this?
    My addon is broken as well so I downloaded Class Timers. It worked pretty well in a pinch but I plan to use powerauras depending on which get updated eventually.

Deleted
    Use weak auras while power auras is out of date or just replace power auras with weak auras :P

Weak Auras > Power Auras? Is there much difference other then the addons memory usage?

Just to chip in - Xperl Unit Frames for tracking DoT's its been too many years of loyal use for me to consider a change, I hope its still working this patch though. It was aweful playing the beta without it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Use weak auras while power auras is out of date or just replace power auras with weak auras :P
    I might just do that, as I understand it PowerAuras = WeakAuras they basically do the same thing.

I just wish somebody who knew more about coding than myself would fix catrotationhelper because that addon is awesome. bleeds, CDs and combo points it was perfect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garth View Post
    My addon is broken as well so I downloaded Class Timers. It worked pretty well in a pinch but I plan to use powerauras depending on which get updated eventually.
    Using Classtimers also, it automatically detects your class/spec so you can just tick boxes next to the things you want to track.

On a side note, been playing feral all morning on dummy, although it seems my crit went down by 5% and my attack power went down by a lot (6-7k?) my dps on a raid dummy actually increased, strangely enough, still doing testing at the moment though.

Still trying to get use to TF not proccing ravage or using stampede, going to take a while to adopt to these changes.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2012-08-29 at 02:05 PM.

Deleted
    Leafkiller just posted a new ovale script for 5.0.4 on the fluiddruid forums, you could give that a try as well.

http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=826

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, Ovale makes me cringe.
    I prefer Power Auras, but i'll have to give weak auras a try if powa isn't updated today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    Ugh, Ovale makes me cringe.
    I prefer Power Auras, but i'll have to give weak auras a try if powa isn't updated today.
    Ovale really shouldn't be needed anyway, our rotation as it stands hasn't changed really at all from 4.3. Only real difference is SR is top priority and it'll effect bleed dmg so glyph it, use the 12 seconds to apply bleeds quick, build up another 5 combo points and apply SR for its full duration, and apply FF every 30 seconds which is easy anyway. Everything after that remains the same, keep them up.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2012-08-29 at 03:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not so much about the rotation as it is being able to see your buff/debuffs.
    Yes, can make simply track them from the target debuffs and your buff areas, however when you get used to seeing stuff in the same spot for 2 years, having to rewire your eye patterns is just annoying, not to mention tunneling.

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    i use my eyes, and stander blizzard ui
    I'm of the same club: standard UI! It's probably years of doing it, but I know that add-ons can fail and/or be unreliable, especially after patch days. Only things I tend to use add-ons for are displaying the exact HP and %Health of things at the same time (still don't get why Blizz hasn't done that... unless they did this patch). Basically if Blizz cannot provide the information directly on their UI.

For those wondering about Power Auras Classic, the author stated that it will likely be updated Wednesday or Thursday (guessing EU time-wise, since the author is from EU). However, you will NOT be able to upgrade your 4.X version to the 5.0 version, you will need to do a clean install since so many things have changed. Simply put, it's easier to do everything from scratch than to go back and revise everything with all the new changes made.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2012-08-29 at 03:44 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    EDIT *Cutting this out until I find out the truth :P *
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2012-08-29 at 03:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Standard UI to watch bleeds? You guys must be gluttons for punishment. I couldn't imagine playing looking at those tiny little debuff timers on the boss frame.
    Last edited by Garth; 2012-08-29 at 04:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Standard UI to watch bleeds? You guys must be gluttons for punishment. I couldn't imagine playing looking at those tiny little debuff timers on the boss frame.
    LOL, not to mention the position of them. Your eyes are making a huge triangle going from Unit frames--->buff bars--->character
    Center everything that is important to you!

Working without normal timers is a pain but I was surprised to see my DPS go up (quiet a bit) upon hitting the dummy after the patch hit. I'm expecting DPS to go up again once I get all my normal timers/addons working. *sigh* I really miss Badkitty, just so used to glancing at it, so weird not to have it.

It's only bad if the graphic for the bleed timer lags behind the actual timer (which used to happen quite a bit after extending Rip: the timer graphic would show roughly 2 seconds left on Rip, but the bleed was actually expiring). Didn't notice that issue last night, and it's rather easy to know how much time is left on Rip/Rake w/o the actual number of second left on the bleed... or that's years of practice at work! SR really isn't that bad, because most of the rotation revolves around bleeds and you can ignore your SR timer. I suppose when you get to the point where you only "need" minimal information and the rest is just instinct/practice, the default UI is more than enough.

How was everyone else faring with Feral? I only got to DPS a few fights in DS last night (since I'm normally MT for everything, but my OT wanted some fun!), but the only person that I wasn't out-DPSing was our rogue with legendaries/BiS gear. Probably doesn't help I have to get used to the new "snapshot" of Rip in execute phases... kept playing like it refreshed with FB.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2012-08-29 at 07:43 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I feel like we're lacking abit in PvP now. Any toughs? I really miss stampeding etc.

Edit: One question about rotation. Didnt Tigers fury buff work on bleed's damage? Forgot that, thanks for any answers.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2012-08-29 at 07:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    I feel like we're lacking abit in PvP now. Any toughs? I really miss stampeding etc.

Edit: One question about rotation. Didnt Tigers fury buff work on bleed's damage? Forgot that, thanks for any answers.
    Tiger's Fury buffs all damage, so yeah, it buffs bleed damage too (assuming you apply a bleed while TF is up, that is).