Thread: Crafting :x

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Crafting :x

Hello all, I pre-purchased the game and have been playing since the 25th, and I love the game so far, been exploring a lot, found a couple of hidden jumping puzzles and all, pretty cool.

Now, my only problem is, atm i am lvl 42, and I got Jewelcrafting and Leatherworking for my crafting professions, and I havent been able to get neither of them past 70 x_x. My problem is, I cant level LW because I cant find Jute to make the bolts, and I cant level JC cuz i cant find the Jewels D: even when going to low level areas...Ive got a whole ton of mats for lvl75+ for the proffs, but even when I go farm a while I cant seem to find jewels or much jute D:

Any advice?A better way to find jute or jewels?:x

I have leveled both Tailor and Leatherworking..Are you salvage armor you don't need or you sell it to vendor?I salvage everything I can...also I have a lot of gems, leveled jewelcrafting very easy..anything you gather, have chance to give you gems...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by jemd13 View Post
    Hello all, I pre-purchased the game and have been playing since the 25th, and I love the game so far, been exploring a lot, found a couple of hidden jumping puzzles and all, pretty cool.

Now, my only problem is, atm i am lvl 42, and I got Jewelcrafting and Leatherworking for my crafting professions, and I havent been able to get neither of them past 70 x_x. My problem is, I cant level LW because I cant find Jute to make the bolts, and I cant level JC cuz i cant find the Jewels D: even when going to low level areas...Ive got a whole ton of mats for lvl75+ for the proffs, but even when I go farm a while I cant seem to find jewels or much jute D:

Any advice?A better way to find jute or jewels?:x
    Salvage kits, salvage any light armor and clothing scraps, also make sure your double clicking owe bags of stuff humanoid mobs drop they almost always have crafting stuff in them.. If you have the coin you could theoretically buy cheap light armor from a merchant and salvage that.

Also do all the discovery you can, discovery can give you several crafting levels for learning one thing, I'm level 26 and have my leather working and jewel crafting past 100 I can't even use the stuff I can make because I'm not high enough level

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 09:48 PM ----------

Ive only stalled on my LW cause I can't get the blue crafting items for new insignias yet cause I haven't entered the lvl 25 zone yet but I've been getting tons of thin leather and wool cloth..

Yep, I have been Savaging everything and mining all I can, and opening the little supply bags and stuff o_o...but alright, I guess I´ve just been unlucky or something xD. Ill go farm in low level areas and just have some patience :P

Quote Originally Posted by wilqq View Post
    I'm level 40 and my highest craft is 64, never seem to have enough blue components or copper ore to make bronze bar (especially since copper ore is used in my 2nd craft jewelcrafting). I also pretty much salvage most of the stuff.
    Wait till you get to silver, copper is litter ally everywhere compared to silver.

I have been leveling weaponsmith and only got it to 35 this far, and I've been farming vials of blood for like an hour already? And now in these 15+ zones I start to get iron and silver nodes already, I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or is the crafting really this broken?

Has anyone found a somewhat reliable source for Bones of any tier yet? Getting chips was painful, shards was even worse, and now the third tier seems mostly non-existent. I've found a whole 3 in several hours of playing.

Salvage everything, make sure to cut down trees too. Majority of my jewels come from trees.

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 01:03 AM ----------

Also, if you cannot find something farmable, use something else. Leveling the craft will be generally more important than creating suitable gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gisei View Post
    Has anyone found a somewhat reliable source for Bones of any tier yet? Getting chips was painful, shards was even worse, and now the third tier seems mostly non-existent. I've found a whole 3 in several hours of playing.
    I suggest go to Harathi Hinterland and wait for the centaur meta event on the North East. On the 3rd event, you have to defend massive waves of centaur, and they drop a lot of loot bags. These loot bags have really high chance for vials, totems, bones, etc...I think it's the 3rd tiers.

Curently lvl 67 with weaponsmith at 275. I only focus on weaponsmithing since I only have enough gold for one. Smelting darksteel is bankrupting me. I salvage pretty much anything and always try to find nodes for more mats.
    Last edited by mmocdae4424a1e; 2012-08-30 at 12:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I have leveled both Tailor and Leatherworking..Are you salvage armor you don't need or you sell it to vendor?I salvage everything I can...also I have a lot of gems, leveled jewelcrafting very easy..anything you gather, have chance to give you gems...
    The problem is that as your character levels up so does the loot you get. I'm now level 30 and I no longer get drops that salvage into the low level cloth. I'm not really sure where else I can get it, other than buying from players.

The problem with crafting is the trading post being down for maintenance. The crafting system works perfectly fine if you're able to buy the Fine Materials needed for every crafting profession.
    Right now it's a pain and will require you to farm some mobs if you want to progress.

Unless you're leveling cook and jeweler which are currently the 2 easiest to level up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like most of you don't realize you need to get pre-75 resources from the 1-15 zones.

Don't be afraid to go BACK to those zones, just because you're not in that level range. Monsters you kill still give you XP scaled to your level, and they also still drop loot that can be relevant to your level.

Everything in this game scales to your actual level.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-30 at 12:30 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trungalung View Post
    Curently lvl 67 with weaponsmith at 275. I only focus on weaponsmithing since I only have enough gold for one. Smelting darksteel is bankrupting me. I salvage pretty much anything and always try to find nodes for more mats.
    I can so relate to this.... I'm currently lvl 62 with Artificing at 300. Making darksteel has pretty much bankrupted me (after buying that trait-training manual for 2g), those damn primordial ore (or whatever they're called) that you have to buy..... Ugh
    I _really_ need the trading post to come online soon so I can start selling some rare items...

Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    The problem is that as your character levels up so does the loot you get. I'm now level 30 and I no longer get drops that salvage into the low level cloth. I'm not really sure where else I can get it, other than buying from players.
    Kill centaurs or bandits in Queensdale, or whatever drops bags in other zones. You will still get tier one materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Trungalung View Post
    I suggest go to Harathi Hinterland and wait for the centaur meta event on the North East. On the 3rd event, you have to defend massive waves of centaur, and they drop a lot of loot bags. These loot bags have really high chance for vials, totems, bones, etc...I think it's the 3rd tiers.
    That's where I was prior to this post. I get every mat but bones. Just my luck.

Deleted
    i got my armorsmithing to 170 and cookign to 140 around that course at lvl50. I must agree getting the fine refinement parts is a problem with the tradingpost down. For the 1-75 course went pretty easy for me i am not a powerlvler. So on my human warrior i went queens dale > wayfarer foothills. Went lucky with the rewards for completing a zone 40 copper 1st 40 jute 2nd. in completion for everything. DR > LA > HB > queensdale > wayfarer foothills > gendaran fields > BC > arathi highlands > forgot name charr starting zone. and i think i missed something in the progression list. If i do soemthing i complete it just for those mighty rewards

Craftign isn't the problem i got atm although i really could do better if the trading post was online. The biggest problem i got is with the guild not working correctly.

Deleted
    I found the same problem with tailoring, I had 2 full stacks of wool by level 45 but I hadn't managed to get my tailoring past jute. Rather than spam map chat in the hope of finding mats I spent a few hours on it, in the end I did buy some low level whites from a vendor and salvage them because I was feeling lazy... but also I farmed the bandits in the cave in queensdale (level 3-5) and they drop the tiny supply bugs which contain armor, mats, and the blue items you need like tiny totems etc.

As soon as I hit 75 getting to 150 went super quick since I had so much wool already.

I've also got JC and literally I guess the only way to farm the gems right now is going to be going around and farming copper? Not sure on that as I actually found that one real easy to level.

Deleted
    Tailoring I found difficult, as for artificing. I was stuck but as soon as I got past the green wood level and on to soft wood, I shot right up to 200+ without even leaving the crafting station. I gained almost 2 levels from just crafting - At level 50 something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Monsters you kill still give you XP scaled to your level, and they also still drop loot that can be relevant to your level.
    And that's exactly the problem. Salvaging is the main source of tailoring and leatherworking mats, but since loots scales up you can't farm low level drops to salvage them for mats. I know there's those bags too, but they're meant as a supplement not as a main source. They don't drop nearly enough to level your crafting without also salvaging. I know you can buy whites from vendors and salvage those so I guess it's not too much of a problem. I just don't like to have my ability to farm the mats removed (or severely diminished) just by leveling up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    And that's exactly the problem. Salvaging is the main source of tailoring and leatherworking mats, but since loots scales up you can't farm low level drops to salvage them for mats. I know there's those bags too, but they're meant as a supplement not as a main source. They don't drop nearly enough to level your crafting without also salvaging. I know you can buy whites from vendors and salvage those so I guess it's not too much of a problem. I just don't like to have my ability to farm the mats removed (or severely diminished) just by leveling up.
    Loot doesn't seem to scale. I still get level 9 items in the level 1-15 zone even though I'm level 54. Sometimes I get level 40-50 items, but mostly I get low level items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I get items about level 25 in the 1-15 zones. And I'm level 30.
    Last edited by Ishu; 2012-08-30 at 02:16 AM.