Thread: Crafting :x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Think it's a chance? Because I DEFINITELY get low level items fairly often, I highly doubt anything in my bag has survived my rabid salvaging for 40+ levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I'll try again. I just got annoyed because I went to complete the asura starting area to farm jute, but my items constantly salvaged into the higher level mats.
    Last edited by Ishu; 2012-08-30 at 02:21 AM.

Deleted
    Jute is an absolute pain. I rarely get low level armour pieces, but I find things like spears, swords, daggers, etc. all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    And that's exactly the problem. Salvaging is the main source of tailoring and leatherworking mats, but since loots scales up you can't farm low level drops to salvage them for mats. I know there's those bags too, but they're meant as a supplement not as a main source. They don't drop nearly enough to level your crafting without also salvaging. I know you can buy whites from vendors and salvage those so I guess it's not too much of a problem. I just don't like to have my ability to farm the mats removed (or severely diminished) just by leveling up.
    Well, not ALL the loot is your level. Only some of it.

It makes it harder to farm lower-level mats, to be sure, but not impossible.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 100% completion on both sylvari and asura starting areas, I've salvaged every item I found, I've never crafted anything more than once (except core components) while researching everything. But I'm still only level 40 in tailoring. I hope they don't expect me to 100% all starting areas just to get enough mats to reach the next tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyctattoo View Post
    Wait till you get to silver, copper is litter ally everywhere compared to silver.
    Not for me.I need iron, and damn near every node I come upon is silver.

Use a buff like Bowls of Applesauce to increase Magic Find for grinding Centaurs or other mobs that drop bags.
    Buy low tier gloves from vendor in Township of Claypool in Queensdale, use Crude Salvage Kits on them to get jute or leather.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Can anyone explain discoveries for me? I put stuff in and it says I need to add more items to discover recipes which either need more crafting level or even more items. I'm doing Jewel Crafting and Artifice at the moment and have only discovered one recipe for Artifice through glittering powder.

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    I'm level 15 and my armormithing skill is 76. But that's only because I wasted so much time on it. :P Finding a mining ode is quite satisfying, especially when it's a rich one.
    Last edited by BananaInsane; 2012-08-30 at 06:02 AM.

Level 34 here. Chef skill on 128.
    Finding Onions and garlic was a pain in the butt after I reached 75 I found a nice spot to farm for strawberries which pushed me up to 128. Having no problems so far. Some higher ingredients are eating away my copper and karma tho :S

www.guildhead.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    awesome database if you are trying to find disconveries for new recipes or armor. Just type in one ingredient and it will show every recipe you may need that for.
    Last edited by I-Thalos-I; 2012-08-30 at 06:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifedragon99 View Post
    Can anyone explain discoveries for me? I put stuff in and it says I need to add more items to discover recipes which either need more crafting level or even more items. I'm doing Jewel Crafting and Artifice at the moment and have only discovered one recipe for Artifice through glittering powder.
    I haven't done Artificer at all so I'm not sure on that one but generally speaking you can craft components, and then you can craft something that goes in those components. Jewelcrafting for example if you want to make an earring, you'll need a setting, a hook, and a jewel. You can make master jewels by combining a filigree with a jewel, and then use that as your third component to make a green, or just use a plain jewel you found to get a blue. If you want to make a ring you need a band, a setting and a jewel, etc. etc.

So craft your components (usually 2) and then add your stat item and you should make a discovery.

Deleted
    I'm 37 and have weaponsmith at 155 and armorsmith at 150. just farm. i farmed for hours and hours yesterday, 9 to be precise

15+ Year Old Account
    Leahterworker/Jeweler here.

I did every single starting zone and every single 15-25 zone. I currently have a giant pile of wood (over 1000 green wood), copper (almost 1000), and iron (550ish), as well as a ton of jewels (20+ of each). I have a ton of cooking components, lots of left over jute and leather, and a ton of those tiny claw, weak blood, etc items. I'm also level 42 and haven't set foot in the 25+ zones.

If you wanna do professions, you need to do lower level zones. Lower level DOES NOT mean that you will level slower, as they give the same exp as higher level zones and exp needed to level is linear after 15.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2012-08-30 at 07:48 AM.

Also do all the discovery you can, discovery can give you several crafting levels for learning one thing, I'm level 26 and have my leather working and jewel crafting past 100 I can't even use the stuff I can make because I'm not high enough level
    This can't be stressed enough. Discovering an item takes the mats of one item and gives you several levels. With all of my chars I've just kept discovering whatever combination I can come up with, even useless ones, and looks like I'll generally be above 75 by the time I leave the starter zone.

EDIT: I should probably add that I do go out of my way to gather stuff and participate in events that are practically just massive aoe loot piñatas.
    Last edited by Woebegone; 2012-08-30 at 08:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    Lower level DOES NOT mean that you will level slower, as they give the same exp as higher level zones and exp needed to level is linear after 15.
    This isn't quite true, while doing stuff in lower level zones do give xp, it's nowhere near the same amount you get from doing level appropriate content.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    Leahterworker/Jeweler here.

I did every single starting zone and every single 15-25 zone. I currently have a giant pile of wood (over 1000 green wood), copper (almost 1000), and iron (550ish), as well as a ton of jewels (20+ of each). I have a ton of cooking components, lots of left over jute and leather, and a ton of those tiny claw, weak blood, etc items. I'm also level 42 and haven't set foot in the 25+ zones.

If you wanna do professions, you need to do lower level zones. Lower level DOES NOT mean that you will level slower, as they give the same exp as higher level zones and exp needed to level is linear after 15.
    So you have a ton of low tier mats that are useless for a level 42. Congratulation.

That said, I have no problem leveling both jeweler and weaponsmith. But my initial plan was weaponsmith and armorsmith, sadly without the TP its too much of a pain to farm fine materials required. Basic materials like ores are okay, if I need some I can spend some time farming. But gathering 8 thin blood can take a bit too much time in my opinion.

And I think crafting gives too much experience but that is another subject.
    Last edited by rezoacken; 2012-08-30 at 08:44 AM.

Deleted
    Wait till you get to silver, copper is litter ally everywhere compared to silver.
    *open chat* /map "Want to trade iron ore for silver/gold ore" *enter*

Works every time

Also now I'm level 60 and I have jewelcrafting at level 263 (?) If you have a guild just talk to some1 to trade materials with you so you don't have to farm that much. Also offer people for helping some of the crafts since they're better than many of dropped/bought ones.
    Last edited by mmocbc0101aaf4; 2012-08-30 at 08:42 AM.

If money is not a problem go to any starter area armor vendor and buy the white cloth items from them and then salvage and voila you'll get the scraps, if you need a higher level scraps go to the next area and try the same thing.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess this link will be quite useful, on this thread:

http://blackrabbit2999.blogspot.com/...ete-guide.html

Please remember to be sure of what you're planning to boost till 400, if you want a legendary weapon. You risk to craft a weapon you will never wear because of your profession. Don't make a hammer with your necro

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rezoacken View Post
    So you have a ton of low tier mats that are useless for a level 42. Congratulation.

That said, I have no problem leveling both jeweler and weaponsmith. But my initial plan was weaponsmith and armorsmith, sadly without the TP its too much of a pain to farm fine materials required. Basic materials like ores are okay, if I need some I can spend some time farming. But gathering 8 thin blood can take a bit too much time in my opinion.

And I think crafting gives too much experience but that is another subject.
    While your sarcasm is highly appreciated, I wasn't saying that you needed to do ALL the lower level zones to get enough crafting materials, but going back and doing them until you leveled up to 75 is something that you should do if you're serious about crafting. I just happen to be a completionist and I'm going to make a ton of money once the trading post is finally fixed.