Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
    Tiger's Fury buffs all damage, so yeah, it buffs bleed damage too (assuming you apply a bleed while TF is up, that is).
    Since we seem to be getting some fresh(er) faces around these forums, and what I'm about to mention is a subtle, yet important, change, I figured I'd mention the change to Rip in the execute phase. Pretty sure it'll make the Feral guide once it's up and running.

Pre-5.0, if you had a Rip on your target in the execute phase and then used FB, any damage buffs you had when you used FB would in turn apply to the refreshed Rip. For example, if you had Tiger's Fury up when you used FB, the Tiger's Fury damage buff would be applied to the refreshed Rip on the target. Same goes for trinket procs, pots, etc.

Post-5.0, any damage buffs/procs/pots/etc that are active when you use FB in the execute phase will NOT buff the extended Rip. However, if you directly apply Rip with Tiger's Fury and/or pots/procs/etc and extend that Rip with FB, Rip will be extended with the same power as when you originally applied Rip. Simply put, FB extends the current Rip instead of refreshing it with a new Rip.

While this may not be that big of a deal at this stage, when you have access to the level 90 talents (specifically Dream of Cenarius or Nature's Vigil), knowing how Rip acts in the execute phase with respect to FB makes a big deal.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I don't recall this being brought up earlier in this thread, but it seems that Savage Roar will not break stealth. (Glyphed)
    Last edited by Annalese; 2012-08-30 at 05:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://i.imgur.com/30E0n.jpg

I'm having loads of fun with the speed buffs as long as we have them xD

Deleted
    I still cant log into live servers, looks like ill just be playing GW2!

Deleted
    Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems John Fucking Madden has returned

- Build CP's with Shred/mangle.
    - keep up savage roar
    - keep up rake
    - keep up rip
    - keep up faerie fire (weakened armor every 15 sec)

I always had FF build into my shred/mangle macro's in wow 4.x ("castsequence reset=target faerie fire, nul"), and I tried to tweak it to "castsequence reset=15/target faerie fire, nul", but that doesn't seem to work anymore, unless I've missed something and one of you can make me very happy.

For now I open with prowl/wild charge/0cp savage roar/ravage and then continue with a FF, 5cp rip, rake, and 5cp SR using shred/mangle depending on situation.
    Last edited by mmoc9265430e9f; 2012-08-30 at 12:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BitPiXL View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems John Fucking Madden has returned

- Build CP's with Shred/mangle.
    - keep up savage roar
    - keep up rake
    - keep up rip
    - keep up faerie fire (weakened armor every 15 sec)

I always had FF build into my shred/mangle macro's (castsequence reset=target faerie fire, nul), but that doesn't seem to work anymore, unless I've missed something and one of you can make me very happy.

For now I open with prowl/wild charge/0cp savage roar/ravage and then continue with a FF, 5cp rip, rake, and 5cp SR using shred/mangle depending on situation.
    Honestly, no. I was having a lot of trouble doing the rotation on PTR and even on live in Storm wind, but it was because of the massive amounts of lag they both had.

I went to raid last night and while I didn't log any of it (was a normal achi run), the rotation really isn't that difficult as it stands, we have quiet a few things that help us.

Savage roar glyph might seem useless, but it cuts our ramp up in half. Use that 12 seconds to apply your rape, rip and then build combo points to apply it's full duration, after that our rotation is exactly the same as it was in 4.3, except the difference with weakened armour, which isn't really hard to keep up considering it costs no energy.

We got a few things to help us on feral unfriendly fights too, specifically the glyph of shred that takes away its positional requirements during TF/Berserk.

Overall I personally think the rotation has got easier, just feels more..fluid then it did in 4.3 and I am actually enjoying it at the moment.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2012-08-30 at 12:00 PM.

Deleted
    I am still having fun recreating my UI. Making new keybinds in stead of the ones I had for "oh sht bear form". And macros. :P Sometime... sometime I will get to actually play again xD
    EDIT: You managed to spell rake wrong btw. you might want to change that^^
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2012-08-30 at 12:23 PM.

Deleted
    Guys i just log in and noticed - did they stealth nerfed the 8% enchant on boots? it no longer stacks SO SAD
    They should nerf the 15% talent or pvp set bonus but not enchant

UPDT: SO SAD NOW SPRINT also nerfed -_-
    Last edited by mmocc6cef94c36; 2012-08-30 at 12:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    You managed to spell rake wrong btw. you might want to change that^^
    With the recent buff, that might actually be appropriate.

Deleted
    170% with sprint...ARE THEY FCKING KIDDING.

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 12:47 PM ----------

Bump my nerd-rage thread about recently druid's speed nerf plox
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...33210?page=1#0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post
    170% with sprint...ARE THEY FCKING KIDDING.
    I clocked myself at 244%. Ran firelands for a goof and was the last one in and passed the ENTIRE 25 man raid on the way to Ragnaros. It will not stay this way, but I'm LOVING it for now.
    Last edited by Garth; 2012-08-30 at 12:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Honestly, no. I was having a lot of trouble doing the rotation on PTR and even on live in Storm wind, but it was because of the massive amounts of lag they both had.

I went to raid last night and while I didn't log any of it (was a normal achi run), the rotation really isn't that difficult as it stands, we have quiet a few things that help us.

Savage roar glyph might seem useless, but it cuts our ramp up in half. Use that 12 seconds to apply your rape, rip and then build combo points to apply it's full duration, after that our rotation is exactly the same as it was in 4.3, except the difference with weakened armour, which isn't really hard to keep up considering it costs no energy.

We got a few things to help us on feral unfriendly fights too, specifically the glyph of shred that takes away its positional requirements during TF/Berserk.

Overall I personally think the rotation has got easier, just feels more..fluid then it did in 4.3 and I am actually enjoying it at the moment.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm also enjoying the changes, but it feels a bit more like wotlk and with that I mean more challenging and yes in my case also more fun

Did you go with incarnation or soul of the forrest? (btw armored cat looks so good!)
    Last edited by mmoc9265430e9f; 2012-08-30 at 12:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For right now I went with incarnation. The added burst is really nice. Taking SotF with t13 4p means that you will be overriding several buffed Rips from using FB more often. I went with a slightly heavier mastery build and was doing some rediculous numbers last night. WoL doesn't recognize the new feral spec yet, so I couldn't rank on anything but I was pulling ~40k on the level 85 dummy(raid ones are lvl93)

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-sgudmwymh15g0vkt/

WoL for some reason was parsing this as 10N instead of 25H, so take the rankings with a grain of salt (again, I couldn't rank b/c it doesn't recognize my spec)
    Feral is doing great

Hi ! Its my first time here (and sorry for my bad english, im from argentina).
    I have a little question about Trash. It's effective use in a single target rotation?
    I tested the new feral on tuesday in DS 25h, and i have a logs "Quote on Paloro: WoL for some reason was parsing this as 10N instead of 25H, so take the rankings with a grain of salt (again, I couldn't rank b/c it doesn't recognize my spec)"
    Yorsahj: Trash 11% worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6unmzxqgltxqo6yd/sum/damageDone/?s=385&e=654
    Hagara: Ice cube and dead =P
    Ultraxion: 9.1% worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6unmzxqgltxqo6yd/sum/damageDone/?s=3921&e=4063
    Warmaster: Dead again -.-
    Madness: 11% worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6unmzxqgltxqo6yd/sum/damageDone/?s=9808&e=10616

My armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Katinka/simple

So.. Trash in single target or not? And.. Incarnation its really usefull in pve?

Ty for your time and anwers, and sorry again for the bad english... =(

Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    Taking SotF with t13 4p means that you will be overriding several buffed Rips from using FB more often.
    Read my post above, #721. Using FB during an execute phase impacts Rip different in 5.0 than it did in 4.3. Using FB more often will not impact Rip.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Very interesting results. I suppose that right now since we have so much haste, using thrash would be fine. At lvl 90 however, our rotation will be extremely tight due to low haste/crit.

The ultraxion one is most interesting in that your guildmate, Bixx does not use thrash and has much lower output

10+ Year Old Account
    So they hotfixed our speed, wonder if they hotfixed SotF? Anyone played at all today? I didn't notice energy refunds last night in raid, but I wasn't exactly staring at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    Very interesting results. I suppose that right now since we have so much haste, using thrash would be fine. At lvl 90 however, our rotation will be extremely tight due to low haste/crit.

The ultraxion one is most interesting in that your guildmate, Bixx does not use thrash and has much lower output
    Note: I use Trash after use tiger's fury, or when i have OOC active: The second bonus tier now is "(4) Set: Feral: Using Tiger's Fury will trigger your Omen of Clarity ability.". Free trash atm.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garth View Post
    I clocked myself at 244%. Ran firelands for a goof and was the last one in and passed the ENTIRE 25 man raid on the way to Ragnaros. It will not stay this way, but I'm LOVING it for now.
    While I comprehend fully the necessity of a nerf as far as pvp, is there any substance to the run speed now being less than our usual 130% in cat form with Feline Swiftness? I've sorely been missing my feral charge, but I've been using FS because it has no cooldown and it feels like my uptime is better (as we have a stupidly melee-heavy raid and I often have to run and take crystals on Morchok or help with adds on the two generals, etc) with the static increase.

Obviously, I feel that a nerf should at the least not drop us below what we had been originally, so i'm curious if someone with more access than I have at the moment (I potentially won't be playing again until Tuesday) can let me know what these posts are referencing. Is this on live or is this a beta change (which may yet get reverted/altered)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically, when 5.0 went live you could stack passive 25% cat form speed with 15% from feral swiftness and another 8% from the boot enchant. Adding to that sprint or stampeding roar, and cats were REDICULOUSLY fast. They basically made it so not all that would stack as far as I know.

I would really like to see them make it 30% for the passive cat speed increase, which is what we were always used to. That way it would be a choice between EXTRA speed and wild charge.