Page 32 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Well I'm not sure what he means by sustaining, a resto druid would be sustaining. Since we can pool chi and let out an ungodly amount of healing with uplift and Jade Tornado + SCK I'm pretty sure we're up there in the holy shit look at their health bars leaderboards...

To be honest, it sounds like he doesn't enjoy Mistweaver and is a little dissapointed.
    Last edited by mmocf10b8a8948; 2012-08-31 at 08:44 AM.

Yeah, IDK about that sustaining thing either. Now, granted, it was raid finder....but that's just about all the raid you can do on the beta ATM, and as usual, people are idiots and NEED healed because they can't get out of the glowing stuff on the ground.... anyways. I was DPS'ing the third boss in Mogu'shan Vaults, keeping ReM up on the tanks (and on cooldown otherwise), making sure I was in a good position for Chi Burst (which is like Dawn of Light), rarely needed to uplift at all, and was in the top two most of the fight. The other healer with me in the top 2 was a priest (didn't catch the spec). Between eminence, keeping ReM up, chi bursting the melee group, and uplifting as needed, you can dish a LOT of heals out. Not to mention, when you CB, you still auto attack, so not only do you have the heal from that, but an eminence heal in the middle of it.

I do see what he means by the chore thing with keeping buffs up (Serpent\'s Zeal and Tiger Power). I think they should be a little longer that way on high movement fights, or heavy damage fights where you can't attack for Chi (you have to heal because someone needs it every 2 seconds), you don't lose the buff. Using power/weak auras should make dealing with it a little easier, but again, they should be longer than 30 and 20 seconds respectively. Maybe add in a thing with thunder focus tea that refreshes the duration of both, that could be a good compensator for heavy damage phases. The buff to eminence from TP is something you don't want dropping off very often if you can help it. To get TP back at 3 stacks costs 27k mana (18k with Power Strikes & the proc from it) and 3 chi.

But, then again, it's one of the complexity things with the monk. To be fully efficient, you need to be doing a little DPS along with the normal heals so you can benefit from eminence and SZ, so, take your pick.

I'm enjoying the class though, it will be my main for this expansion.

Deleted
    Reading through her post it just seems like it's personal preference from her. Mistweaver is a new spec and as such blizzard have tried to give it a different play style so some people will enjoy it and others will hate it. It's something that each person has to experience for themselves to find out whether they will enjoy the mistweaver playstyle or not.

Can also add that Valen (the poster) is speaking more of a 25man perspectiv, where ReM arent as good as in 10man. in 10mans you can have almost all 10 players coverd with ReM all the time. In a 25man itsn ot possible even when using TfT

Thanks for the responses everyone. I was feeling a bit nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    Can also add that Valen (the poster) is speaking more of a 25man perspectiv, where ReM arent as good as in 10man. in 10mans you can have almost all 10 players coverd with ReM all the time. In a 25man itsn ot possible even when using TfT
    Yeah, I know, that's not so good. My guild will be doing 25's as well, and I'll probably make sure ReM is at least on the tanks and either myself or another healer. I'll just let it jump otherwise for the most part.

On a different note, I noticed in another thread that Tiger Strikes is great for WW's. But it's also a passive for weavers as well. Could this be a reason for meleeweavers to stack the crap out of haste beyond 1350? Or doesn't haste effect this for mistweavers?
    Last edited by Jekerdud; 2012-08-31 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekerdud View Post
    On a different note, I noticed in another thread that Tiger Strikes is great for WW's. But it's also a passive for weavers as well. Could this be a reason for meleeweavers to stack the crap out of haste beyond 1350? Or doesn't haste effect this for mistweavers?
    Nah the haste you need for notice it in a good way is not possible. But tiger strikes is awesome, since with the TP buff up*2 thats some good heals you get out from it

I read that post and its a quality read no doubt.

Like others that have posted previously, some people will hate it/love it. Its different but also mixes in a lot of existing/existed healing styles.

As for the keybinding issue, I actually don't have that much of a issue(and I don't have a Razer Naga or something similar). I think those that stick with and perfect the different healing styles (Traditional, DPS /w mix of Heals, straight DPS), Mistweaver could be both a fun healer but also an efficient damage dealer as well while maintaining the output required for the fight.

I think some people forget we do have a port.. It's great for bouncing in/out of melee range.
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2012-09-01 at 04:17 AM.

I dont really like the ide on spending Chi fpr Uplift, i rather spend it on my lvl 30 talents. But i iwll raid in a 10man team so keeping ReM up is not that hard for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    I think some people forget we do have a port.. It's great for bouncing in/out of melee range.
    Yeah, the omission of tools like that along with Roll/Chi Torpedo really made me not take Valen's rant seriously.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2012-09-01 at 04:39 PM.

Deleted
    Here's a rough BiS list (lol), heavy emphasis on spirit because of my personal preference, I have even foregone a 509 haste proc trinket in favour of a static spirit/int proc 502 trinket. Also preferring mastery to haste which may be slightly more undesirable if you raid a 10 man.

Gems & Enchants are as listed in OP.

I recently made it to 90 with my monk and am trying to get better at healing, there's one problem tho, I am trying to keep renewing mist up on everyone so I can be more efficient in aoe healing but it keeps falling off and of course there is a cooldown on renewing mist, I use Thunder Focus Tea whenever I can and use Uplift. I was actually searching a bit on this subject and people keep saying everywhere that you have to use Uplift to refresh Renewing Mist but that is not the case now, they must have changed Uplift? so how do you keep renewing mist running now on everyone let's say in a 10 man raid without it falling off so you can be somewhat decent at raid healing

My DeviantART: http://hypzone.deviantart.com/ | Requests: Closed

Quote Originally Posted by Clarisan View Post
    I recently made it to 90 with my monk and am trying to get better at healing, there's one problem tho, I am trying to keep renewing mist up on everyone so I can be more efficient in aoe healing but it keeps falling off and of course there is a cooldown on renewing mist, I use Thunder Focus Tea whenever I can and use Uplift. I was actually searching a bit on this subject and people keep saying everywhere that you have to use Uplift to refresh Renewing Mist but that is not the case now, they must have changed Uplift? so how do you keep renewing mist running now on everyone let's say in a 10 man raid without it falling off so you can be somewhat decent at raid healing
    You cant do that anymore. They chanhed Uplift not to refresh ReM, so now its only TfT that does it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    You cant do that anymore. They chanhed Uplift not to refresh ReM, so now its only TfT that does it
    sorry to sound like a noob but, what is TfT?

Thunder focus tea

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't be valuable for green slot to have http://www.wowdb.com/items/76645-zen-wild-jade or http://www.wowdb.com/items/76651-energized-wild-jade (depending of the fact that the haste cap is already reached or not) if aiming for Spirit ?
    I think there are no SW yet but I assume that Intell < 2 x Spirit and there for gemming around this stat might valuable, if not more efficient. What do you guys think ?

Yea i been also thinking of green gems might be very good the spirit+mastery. Sure we need intell also but could only gem that in red ones

10+ Year Old Account
    The haste cap is 1350. You should get that in a few pieces of gear, no reason to have any haste in your gems.

/popcorn enthusiast!

On beta atm im in the pvp gear. And i reforged out of all haste and are still over 2000 haste

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rege View Post
    The haste cap is 1350. You should get that in a few pieces of gear, no reason to have any haste in your gems.
    Yeah then the mastery/spirit.
    My main point was that given the fact that gems have twice more spirit than intell, it might be valuable to gem Purple/Green/Blue rather than Red/Orange/Purple.

I'm not 100% sure about it but I think it's worth considering.