Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zurgs View Post
    Except the AH is considerably more important in D3 and people were simply unable to progress without it, no AH in GW2 has not stopped me levelling my characters, not stopped me from PvPing, not even stopped me from crafting.

The AH is important in both games, and D3 received a huge critic from everyone because of it, even when the GOLD AH had less problems than the GW2 AH is having.

Hacving said this, i dont bash the developers, i know they are probably working on it, i know its not the only thing they have to worry about and i know it was a hard to test feature because they needed tons of players trying to use it to stress test it.

But the AH is still down after more than 4 days, and there is nothing wrong in complaining about it, as long as its a respectfull complaint.

In terms of issues I don't think it's a big one. It's not preventing anyone progressing, it's not preventing anyone playing the game. It could be worse. At least your client isn't crashing when you try to loot a mob. Yes it's nice to make lots of monies and sell all those items but honestly it's not stopping you progressing. It's not holding anyone back. I'd rather not have a feature like the auction house for a while than find I can't even play the game, or couldn't get past a certain level, or couldn't go into a certain zone, or can't group up, or can't run dungeons etc etc etc. On the problem scale, it's not a huge problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    They do, read their twitter.

It's annoying yes, but they are trying to fix it, so all we can do is wait. Getting angry will do nothing.
    Games should start using their official forums to report stuff, not a social network site.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't play the game actively, but you really have to be patient during a launch that GW2 is. It's a major game, and there's bound to be errors that might take time to fix. Just be patient.

The diablo AH worked at least with a few hours of down time and the one day when it wasn't sending/receiving.

This AH hasn't worked ever?

Also, it's ok to fail because another game had some issues? That's a poor development mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Games should start using their official forums to report stuff, not a social network site.

About that...
    Last edited by fangless; 2012-08-30 at 03:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday we opened the Trading Post for a random, rotating 50% of users. After gathering data from yesterday's tests, we applied a number of fixes and performance improvements, and are preparing a larger-scale test today.
    Just so y'all know...
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    it has been sad; but i`ve had no issues crafting. friends help out a lot #1, and #2 ppl sell u stuff very cheap and kindly. Community is great in gw2, no scams no overpriced selling

bah screwed up crafting and wasted my fine materials, really need the AH up to quickly get my crafting to 75 so i can use all these materials i have that are piling up.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a huge AH person, but this is starting to frustrate me. I've got 3 REALLY good greens just wasting away in my bank that I can't use. I'm half tempted to hunt down one more and toss 'em in the mystic forge or buy a good salvage kit and scrap 'em.

Just as with other little errors, I do hope that all this time is being used so that when they come back up -- its for good.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be nice if they could keep it up. When it was up for a while I browsed it and I gotta say: it's incredibly primitive and needs some serious refining while they're at it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    AH dead, sPvP dead, WvWvW dead.

saturday 11 am.

weh.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    It'd be nice if they could keep it up. When it was up for a while I browsed it and I gotta say: it's incredibly primitive and needs some serious refining while they're at it.
    True. The search filters suck and typing in the exact name of the item you want in search comes up with results you ask for but also tons of results you don't ask for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why exactly did they have Beta Weekends and Stresstests if they test the Auction House now? Really professional.
    Last edited by Marston; 2012-09-01 at 08:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Why exactly did they have Beta Weekends and Stresstests if they test the Auction House now? Really professional.
    Because there's ALOT more playing making it easier to show bugs when server is under pressure..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    because during a 3 day test most people wont just sit there and open the TP... and either way it's open now so SHUSH
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I heard this was fixed today

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not someone who "plays the AH," but I do like to use it on other games from time to time to make a bit extra $$$.... but even I'm starting to get annoyed with it not being up :S
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan007 View Post
    I heard this was fixed today
    Still down for me.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

Deleted
    It was up yesterday, but back down again today.

Honestly not having the AH has been nice, at least on my server. It has promoted lots of EQ style, face to face trading and seems to be building a community. People are always trading mats for other mats and weapons for other weapons. Its very active and is getting the job done. Maybe on a smaller server it might suck not having the AH but on Stormbluff Isles theres lots of trading going on. Like I said its a nice change of pace from just dump it all on the AH, go to sleep, then wake up and collect what you sold.

Also this is the first time in many years I actually have people on my friend's list. I have been trading my cloth, leather, and logs for ore and gems and have made quite a few friends who need my mats and they have mats I need. I really could care less when they bring the AH back up.
    Last edited by Alilei32; 2012-09-03 at 08:25 PM.